Portable compact and well built monitor

If I was to do an ITX build, on to carry around at play with at some friends houses. One that would've basically work like someone bringing his console over... If so... I would need a monitor for it. Doesn't anybody know about such builds, has done one or just has a general idea what to look for in monitors. It seems kind of complicated to me since monitors I know are big and bulky standing on your desk. I would need something like a 17" and lower size. Resolution of full HD is desired but not necessary, it just should not be ... Garbage :P.

Any ideas. Please too not suggest a laptop with an external desktop hip like the MSI ones or Alienware ... To expensive.... And so forth.

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/334934-unofficial-ltt-beginners-guide/ (by Minibois) and a few things that will make our community interaction more pleasent:
1. FOLLOW your own topics                                                                                2.Try to QUOTE people so we can read through things easier
3.Use
PCPARTPICKER.COM - easy and most importantly approved here        4.Mark your topics SOLVED if they are                                
Don't change a running system

If I was to do an ITX build, on to carry around at play with at some friends houses. One that would've basically work like someone bringing his console over... If so... I would need a monitor for it. Doesn't anybody know about such builds, has done one or just has a general idea what to look for in monitors. It seems kind of complicated to me since monitors I know are big and bulky standing on your desk. I would need something like a 17" and lower size. Resolution of full HD is desired but not necessary, it just should not be ... Garbage :P.

Any ideas. Please too not suggest a laptop with an external desktop hip like the MSI ones or Alienware ... To expensive.... And so forth.

17 inches is very small. i would just get a 23 inch minimum

they don't even really make 17 inch monitors anymore

if you're gaming, you want a 1ms monitor with at least 60 hertz, preferably 144 hertz if you have a good cpu and gpu

the monitors under 20 inches have a very high response time and don't look that good

keep in mind, most affordable 1ms monitors are tn panels and are not ips so they won't have excellent colour reproduction. they are fine for gaming and everyday use though IMO

here is what i'd recommend you take a look at:

AOC E2476VWM6

BenQ RL2455HM

Asus VX248H

BigDay

You could have what Logan from Tek Syndicate did once with an iPad screen. Find the corresponding driver circuit, a power supply (should work on 12V power or less) and wire it to a video cable. Probably will use eDP or something like that. I don't know much about how to do it but it would be neat to try it out. just requires some searching.

17 inches is very small. i would just get a 23 inch minimum

they don't even really make 17 inch monitors anymore

if you're gaming, you want a 1ms monitor with at least 60 hertz, preferably 144 hertz if you have a good cpu and gpu

the monitors under 20 inches have a very high response time and don't look that good

keep in mind, most affordable 1ms monitors are tn panels and are not ips so they won't have excellent colour reproduction. they are fine for gaming and everyday use though IMO

here is what i'd recommend you take a look at:

AOC E2476VWM6

BenQ RL2455HM

Asus VX248H

I just typed all of it and then lost it. Therefore I make it short.

I want to carry it. 24 is bulky for a backpack, don't you agree?

No 144hz needed. The machine wouldnt be able to drive more than 60 hit anyway.

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/334934-unofficial-ltt-beginners-guide/ (by Minibois) and a few things that will make our community interaction more pleasent:
1. FOLLOW your own topics                                                                                2.Try to QUOTE people so we can read through things easier
3.Use
PCPARTPICKER.COM - easy and most importantly approved here        4.Mark your topics SOLVED if they are                                

-vid-

cough cough cough

Other than the iPad 1 look pretty cool and definitely worth a try imo.

3.Use

You could have what Logan from Tek Syndicate did once with an iPad screen. Find the corresponding driver circuit, a power supply (should work on 12V power or less) and wire it to a video cable. Probably will use eDP or something like that. I don't know much about how to do it but it would be neat to try it out. just requires some searching.

Will it still be an iPad or is it completely degraded to be a screen only then?

3.Use