Dark souls.

joelthezombie15

Who else loves this game? I havent played demon souls but man darksouls was so good and i cant wait until darksouls 2 comes out. I felt all the feels playing this game everything about it really got me immersed and caught up in the story so much so that I could only play the game for a hour or 2 at a time or else i would get in a weird mood. 

Anyone agree with me that this game was amazing?

(No spoilers please incase someone hasnt played it)

i5 3570 | MSI GD-65 Gaming | OCZ Vertex 60gb ssd | WD Green 1TB HDD | NZXT Phantom | TP-Link Wifi card | H100 | 5850

“I snort instant coffee because it’s easier on my nose than cocaine"

Yes, yes I do.

System:

• Sharkoon T9 case
  • i7 - 2600k @ Stock
  • Coolermaster 212 evo
  • Gigabyte GA-Z68-UD3H-B3 Motherboard
  • Corsair Vengeance 4x4GB
  • Nvidia GTX 780 EVGA Classified edition
  • Seagate Barracuda 1TB HDD
  • Samsung 840120GB SSD

Steam ID: SILLY-eXyLe

The game is amazing. It just won't work on my PC, so i have to play it on my PS3. Hopefully Darksouls 2 will have a proper PC port.

What do you mean? Have you used a xbox controller with it? its almost impossible without it on PC.

But yes i agree it needs to be a proper port.

i5 3570 | MSI GD-65 Gaming | OCZ Vertex 60gb ssd | WD Green 1TB HDD | NZXT Phantom | TP-Link Wifi card | H100 | 5850

Yes, yes I do.

What was your favorite part of it? 

Mine was the art style and how you felt so alone.

No spoilers please incase someone hasnt played it

What do you mean? Have you used a xbox controller with it? its almost impossible without it on PC.

I have a PS3 controller hocked up to my PC. No, what I mean is that the game crashes every time I press on PC Settings or New Game on the main menu  I have tried everything to make it work.

Nova doctrina terribilis sit perdere

Audio format guides: Vinyl records | Cassette tapes

I have a PS3 controller hocked up to my PC. No, what I mean is that the game crashes every time I press on PC Settings or New Game on the main menu  I have tried everything to make it work.

Hmm weird. 

i wanted to play it but the controls dont work (both mouse and keyboard and xbox360 controller)

Specs cpu:  i7 4770k  mobo: z87-pro RAM: Corsair vengeance 8GB GPU: EVGA GTX 770 HDD: WD blue 1TB psu: TX750M case: 550D cooling: H100i monitor: Dell U2410/Samsung sa350

I <3 senheiser, ASUS, Corsair, Intel

You just have to love it, I have liked it since the day My friend bought it day one. Sucks not to have a ps3. My favourite parts are probably the combat and the atmosphere. Can't wait for a blind DkS 2 playtrough, So stoked. Also now I want to play Dark souls, damn

Stock coolers - The sound of bare minimum

I too love this game...

Picture attached because I'm awesome...

post-11837-0-06691000-1375950301.jpg

Beating the game at level 1  :D

Surprisingly easier than you would expect.... I hope the second one is harder

I love this game so much. I always play as a mage, did it in Demon's Souls too, so I was a tad disappointed by the lack of variety of the sorcery spells compared to miracles and pyromancy. Still, it's a really fun game.

Edit: Also, $#% those archers! Nuff said lol.

I have to use my ps3 controller for it on the pc. It can be really confusing at times, maybe that's why i didn't get into it for more than a week or so  :mellow:

CPU Overclocking Database <------- Over 275 submissions, and over 40,000 views!                         

GPU Overclocking Database                                                    

I love this game so much. I always play as a mage, did it in Demon's Souls too, so I was a tad disappointed by the lack of variety of the sorcery spells compared to miracles and pyromancy. Still, it's a really fun game.

Edit: Also, $#% those archers! Nuff said lol.

I always play tank characters and then increase there speed and stuff so that they can be faster. I do that in all games and I really liked how varied the weapons were at least for what character i had played.

Which ones? the one in anor londo?

I have to use my ps3 controller for it on the pc. It can be really confusing at times, maybe that's why i didn't get into it for more than a week or so  :mellow:

I played it on PS3 and i have large hands so playing on that tiny controller for too long would cramp my hands. And it took me a few days to get into it too. 

I too love this game...

Picture attached because I'm awesome...

attachicon.gifSL1-FTW2.jpg

Beating the game at level 1  :D

Surprisingly easier than you would expect.... I hope the second one is harder

Yes. You sir need to play Demon's Souls. It was far more difficult than Dark Souls. 

I have beaten Demon's Souls and have gotten to the last boss in Dark Souls multiple times (to both things). I have never bothered to beat the game though. I do not know why. That is just a thing with me and video games. The more I enjoy a game, the less likely I am to actually finish it. It is frustrating. Although I am glad there is a rate of diminishing returns to that. It is like, if I really like a game, but I do not love it, I will not finish it. If I love a game, I will finish it, and if I only like a game, I will finish it. 

It is very confuzzling.

My favorite part of Dark Souls is by far Ash Lake. I will not say anything beyond that, as those who have been there understand why.

My favorite part of Demon's Souls is by far Valley of Defilement. The story with that place is off the chain. The way they tell you the lore through the environment and items rather than cinematics or dialogue is awesome. I loved it. So much.

Demon's Souls is better than Dark Souls in my personal opinion. You should definitely play Demon's Souls if you get a chance. Sadly, the servers are down now (nope, still up as of 12-29-2014), but you can solo the game. It is hard, but not so hard that you cannot win alone.

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

There are several fixes (dsfix and dsmfix) that solve nearly all of the issues with Dark Souls control wise. I use keyboard and mouse and went and played demon souls on my ps3 and much prefer the keyboard/mouse setup. 
The Dsfix raises the res and you can change the framerate limiter too. I highly recommend both of these fixes!
And overall I prefer Dark souls, Demon Souls' bosses aren't as well rounded as Dark Souls, and I don't find the worlds as amazing, it is still a really good game though.

Dark Souls 2 hopefully will be amazing too.

System:

• Sharkoon T9 case
  • i7 - 2600k @ Stock
  • Coolermaster 212 evo
  • Gigabyte GA-Z68-UD3H-B3 Motherboard
  • Corsair Vengeance 4x4GB
  • Nvidia GTX 780 EVGA Classified edition
  • Seagate Barracuda 1TB HDD
  • Samsung 840120GB SSD

Steam ID: SILLY-eXyLe

The game is amazing. It just won't work on my PC, so i have to play it on my PS3. Hopefully Darksouls 2 will have a proper PC port.

If I remember correctly, Dark Souls 2 is being developed with PC as the lead platform. As in they are developing for PC and then scaling it down to port to the consoles, which is very good news.

If I remember correctly, Dark Souls 2 is being developed with PC as the lead platform. As in they are developing for PC and then scaling it down to port to the consoles, which is very good news.

Why cant more companies do that? It is so much easier. 

I always play tank characters and then increase there speed and stuff so that they can be faster. I do that in all games and I really liked how varied the weapons were at least for what character i had played.

Which ones? the one in anor londo?

Yes, the ones in anor londo lol. I finally just got fed up, sprinted to the top of the tower, and used homing soul arrow to kill one before running to the bonfire. I tried taking them down with soul spears before, but they usually knocked me off the edge before I could hit them the second time. Crystal Dragon Breath is pretty fun, especially in PVP when you can guess when someone is about to run a corner. You'd be surprised how many people lack the poise to not stagger with that spell :\

amazing game, one of my all time favorites. Its up there with Pokemon Emerald and Nightfire  

Cpu:4670k- at stock.... for now Gpu:r9-280x crossfire Cooler:KrakenX40 MB:mpower SP Ram:8gb hyperX beast 

Love it... along with Demon's Souls.  I'm still playing it now.  Finished it on PC and now I'm going through it again on PS3.

I love how these "Souls" games are unbelievably deep with character customizations.  Gameplay's also a complete throw back to old school gaming where timing, boss patterns, and level memorization are required.  It's only difficult at the start but once players get the hang of it, it's fair game.  The lore is also really intriguing.

Current Rig: i5 3570K @ 4.2 GHz, Corsair H100i, Asus Maximus V Gene, Asus GTX 970 Turbo, Patriot Viper Black Mamba 8 GB DDR-3 1600 (2x4GB), Sandisk 120 GB SSD + Seagate 500 GB HDD + WD Blue 1 TB HDD, XFX 750W Black Edition, Corsair 350D - https://ca.pcpartpicker.com/b/cbxrxr

Love it... along with Demon's Souls.  I'm still playing it now.  Finished it on PC and now I'm going through it again on PS3.

I love how these "Souls" games are unbelievably deep with character customizations.  Gameplay's also a complete throw back to old school gaming where timing, boss patterns, and level memorization are required.  It's only difficult at the start but once players get the hang of it, it's fair game.  The lore is also really intriguing.

Speaking of lore i found something out that is very interesting. 

From software has not said anything about lore outside of the game and all lore is from people who read item descriptions and pieced things together.

Speaking of lore i found something out that is very interesting. 

From software has not said anything about lore outside of the game and all lore is from people who read item descriptions and pieced things together.

There are a lot of things that are open to interpretation.  From Software left enough clues within the game for players to piece it together and come up with their own conclusions.  I personally enjoyed EpicNameBro's series on YouTube regarding his take on the lore.  It makes a lot of sense based on what was shown in the game.

Current Rig: i5 3570K @ 4.2 GHz, Corsair H100i, Asus Maximus V Gene, Asus GTX 970 Turbo, Patriot Viper Black Mamba 8 GB DDR-3 1600 (2x4GB), Sandisk 120 GB SSD + Seagate 500 GB HDD + WD Blue 1 TB HDD, XFX 750W Black Edition, Corsair 350D - https://ca.pcpartpicker.com/b/cbxrxr

There are a lot of things that are open to interpretation.  From Software left enough clues within the game for players to piece it together and come up with their own conclusions.  I personally enjoyed EpicNameBro's series on YouTube regarding his take on the lore.  It makes a lot of sense based on what was shown in the game.

I havent seen that. Link?

I havent seen that. Link?

here: 

here: 

thank you sir