Which 980 ti is the fastest?

Azcy63

There are many different versions of the 980 ti from different manufactures at the present time, if you had to choose a 980 ti for the performance which one would it be?

zotac amp extreme vs evga

choose which one better looks to you

Rigs I've Built

The Striker i5 4590 @ 3.7 ||  MSI GTX 980 Armor X2 || Corsair RMX 750 || Team Elite Plus 8 GB || Define S || MSI Z97S SLI Krait

The Office PC i3 4160 @ 3.6 || Intel 4600 || EVGA 500B || G.Skill 8 GB || Cooler Master N200 || ASRock H97M Pro4

The Friend PC G3258 @ 4.3 || Sapphire R9 280X Tri-X || EVGA 600B || 8 GB Dell Ram || Cooler Master N200 || ASRock H97M- iTX/ac

The Mom Gaming PC A10-7890K @ 4.4 || iGPU + ASUS R7 250 ||  8 GB Klevv DDR3-2800 Mhz

There are many different versions of the 980 ti from different manufactures at the present time, if you had to choose a 980 ti for the performance which one would it be?

Zotac is a fast card

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X | CPU Cooler: Stock AMD Cooler | Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX B550-F GAMING (WI-FI) | RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3000 CL16 | GPU: Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB Zotac Mini | Case: K280 Case | PSU: Cooler Master B600 Power supply | SSD: 1TB  | HDDs: 1x 250GB & 1x 1TB WD Blue | Monitors: 24" Acer S240HLBID + 24" Samsung  | OS: Win 10 Pro

Audio: Behringer Q802USB Xenyx 8 Input Mixer |  U-PHORIA UMC204HD | Behringer XM8500 Dynamic Cardioid Vocal Microphone | Sound Blaster Audigy Fx PCI-E card.

Home Lab:  Lenovo ThinkCenter M82 ESXi 6.7 | Lenovo M93 Tiny Exchange 2019 | TP-LINK TL-SG1024D 24-Port Gigabit | Cisco ASA 5506 firewall  | Cisco Catalyst 3750 Gigabit Switch | Cisco 2960C-LL | HP MicroServer G8 NAS | Custom built SCCM Server.

The one with the fastest clock speed m9

#RIPTopGear  This is the best thread ever: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/53190-i-can-not-get-hard/ " French meetings are just people sitting in a semi-circle shouting at each other" -Dom Jolly  :lol:

My rig: 

CPU: Pentium G3258 @ 4.5GHz GPU: GTX 760 reference | PSU: Corsair RM750 Cooler: Cooler Master Seidon 120V | Motherboard: Gigabyte B85M D3H | Case: NZXT S340 White | RAM: 8GB EVO Potenza @ 1600MHz Storage: 3TB Seagate HDD, 60GB OCZ SSD, 620GB Toshiba HDD | Mouse: Steelseries Rival @1000 CPi |  OS: Windows 10 Pro Phone: iPhone 6S 16GB  
http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/439354-why-nvidia/

980ti classified is a beast ! But If you get a 980ti Hybrid you can overclock it nicely

ASUS STRIX is clocked very high too!

MacBook Pro 13" Mid 2012 w/Core i5 3210M and glorious HD 4000 Graphics

You can't really tell. All 980 Ti will use GPU boost to overclock themselfs and some are better than others depending on a few things (cooler, ASIC, chip quality). The clock provided by the manufacturer is only the "bottom line" so you could be lucky and buy a 980 Ti with a very low advertised speed which ramps up like a beast but you could also be unlucky and buy a very high priced one which wont boost like the cheap one.

EDIT: Chances are your Kingpin (and other special editions) will overclock more, but the manufacturers do not guarantee for that.

980ti classified is a beast ! But If you get a 980ti Hybrid you can overclock it nicely

ASUS STRIX is clocked very high too!

I wish the 980 ti hybrid wasn't reference pcb. Imagine the potential even on a 980 ti sc.

CPU: INTEL Core i7 4790k @ 4.7Ghz - Cooling: NZXT Kraken X61 - Mobo: Gigabyte Z97X SLI - RAM: 16GB G.Skill Ares 2400mhz - GPU: AMD Sapphire Nitro R9 Fury 4G - Case: Phanteks P350X - PSU: EVGA 750GQ - Storage: WD Black 1TB - Fans: 2x Noctua NF-P14s (Push) / 2x Corsair AF140 (Pull) / 3x Corsair AF120 (Exhaust) - Keyboard: Corsair K70 Cherry MX Red - Mouse: Razer Deathadder Chroma

Bit of an AMD fan I suppose. I don't bias my replies to anything however, I just prefer AMD and their products. Buy whatever the H*CK you want. 

---QUOTE ME OR I WILL LIKELY NOT REPLY---

Out of the box its the Zotac AMP Extreme, however if overclocking its the lucky person that gets the golden chip which can happen on any card. the Kingpin is most likely to be the best OCer (has probably the highest % chance of a good OC) otherwise theyre all within a few percent of each other and what it really comes down to is were you lucky to get a good chip. Choose which ever one has the best features / support / cheapest within reason( ie $1k for a kinpin isnt worth it but $10 for Gigabyte over a MSI isnt a deal breaker) 

CPU i7 4770k (4.5ghz OC) | CPU Cooler Swiftech H220-x | GPU 980ti G1 Gaming (1562 mhz) | Mobo EVGA z87 Stinger | RAM 16gb Kingston HyperX Beast 1866mhz | PSU EVGA 850w B-2 | Storage Seagate 2tb hdd 7200rpm(main storage) & Samsung 840 EVO 250gb (boot drive) | Case Corsair 250D

The EVGA Kngpin is the actual fastest, but it's not worth it, get the EVGA Classified

My Rig:  CPU: Core i7 4790K @4.8ghz  Motherboard: Asus Maximus Vii Hero  Ram: 4x4GB Corsair Vengeance Pro 2400mhz (Red)  Cooling: Corsair H105, 2x Corsair SP120 High Preformance Editions, Corsair AF 140 Quiet Edition  PSU: Corsair RM 850  GPU: EVGA GTX 980 SC ACX 2.0  Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 120GB, WD Blue 1TB  Case Corsair 760t (Black)  Keyboard: Razer Blackwidow Chroma  Mouse: Razer Deathadder Chroma  Headset: ATH-M50X Mic: Blue Yeti Blackout

There are a few ways to define the "fastest." K|NGP|N is the current fastest, but it costs quite a bit. AMP! Extreme is a great card, and a great overclocker in general because of how incredible the cooler is on that card.

I would wait for the Lightning from MSI to make my final decision, especially if you were hoping to go for the K|NGP|N. Those 2 cards are direct competitors within each series of cards.

If you understand German this article says it all: 

http://www.computerbase.de/2015-08/partnerkarten-geforce-gtx-980-ti-test/

TLDR:

Zotac extreme amp: is a super fast beast but needs 3 slots and very long

Asus strix direct CU3: beasts but runs hotter than the zotac but in return only 2 slots and a bit smaller

MSI 6G: won't overclock as the 2 above because of weakish cooler compared to other products... BUT IT HAS A FRIGGIN DRAGON ON THE LOGO (# WURTH)

Gigabyte g1: Just like the Asus Strix but Cooler and noizier also some cards have issues with coil whine and bad ports (it's GPU lottery here)

PALIT Jetstream: 2.5 slots extremely silent though not as fast as zotac/asus (NOT AVAILABLE IN THE US because communism)

EVGA: loads of choice here all are quite fast and quite silent. The allrounder Brand. Some models are faster than others but not as fast as Zotac extreme amp

Inno3D iCHILL x3 airboss: like the PALIT but a bit louder and less cool

Nvidia 980ti: Y U EVEN READING DIS????