Side panel cooling

TechSam
Go to solution Solved by 0ld_Chicken,

welp it seems my gpu reached 73c underload. thinking of trying to reapply the thermal compound any recomendations for gpus???

73 is not a bad load gpu temp. Have you tried custom fan curves yet? All my cards have run hot on stock fan curves. If you are going to reapply id recommend thermal grizzly kryonaut (preferred) or hydronaut (still good). Knocked a few degrees off of what mx4 did for me

So im considering of putting one fan on my cases side panel since my gpu is hitting 50c idle and when gaming 78c which is too close to the 80 mark. Only problem is if i put the fan to the side panel my gpu almost hits the fan is it safe to put it there? im noob when it comes to cooling pcs. Also the gpu is Msi gtx 970 4g and the case is corsair carbide series 300r windowed

So im considering of putting one fan on my cases side panel since my gpu is hitting 50c idle and when gaming 78c which is too close to the 80 mark. Only problem is if i put the fan to the side panel my gpu almost hits the fan is it safe to put it there? im noob when it comes to cooling pcs. Also the gpu is Msi gtx 970 4g and the case is corsair carbide series 300r windowed

as long as it doesnt actually touch your fine.

that idle time seems way to high. are you running more then one monitor?

Try re doing the Thermal paste first and see if that makes a difference.

Setup

CPU: i3 4160|Motherboard: MSI Z97 PC MATE|RAM: Kingston HyperX Blue 8GB(2x4GB)|GPU: Sapphire Nitro R9 380 4GB|PSU: Seasonic M12II EVO 620W Modular|Storage: 1TB WD Blue|Case: NZXT S340 Black|PCIe devices: TP-Link WDN4800| Montior: ASUS VE247H| Others: PS3/PS4

as long as it doesnt actually touch your fine.

that idle time seems way to high. are you running more then one monitor?

im running two monitors but i dont think it should increase the load that much or should it?

im running two monitors but i dont think it should increase the load that much or should it?

I have a 970 running 2 monitors and at idle i get about +5 degrees over the ambient. Currently it's running at 32C.

And under load I get 65-68C

CPU: Ryzen 3 3600 | GPU: Gigabite GTX 1660 super | Motherboard: MSI Mortar MAX | RAM: G Skill Trident Z 3200 (2x8GB) | Case: Cooler Master Q300L | Storage: Samsung 970 EVO 250G + Samsung 860 Evo 1TB | PSU: Corsair RM650x | Displays: LG 27'' G-Sync compatible 144hz 1080p | Cooling: NH U12S black | Keyboard: Logitech G512 carbon | Mouse: Logitech g900 

Sounds like the silicon is on the low end of CEQ.

Try redoing the thermal compound.

You could get one of the PCI fans and have it blow onto your card.

it increases idle temps because it runs at a higher clock speed, so no big deal. was just curious about the high idle

hmm i dont think its the thermal compounds fault since this gpu is only 1 week old. might also be that my rooms ambient temperature is quite high atm. but yeah im gonna put the fan and see if its helps it

Definitely put in an intake fan if you don't already have one in the front, and another one on the sidepanel window blowing directly at or under the GPU.

welp it seems my gpu reached 73c underload. thinking of trying to reapply the thermal compound any recomendations for gpus???

73 is not a bad load gpu temp. Have you tried custom fan curves yet? All my cards have run hot on stock fan curves. If you are going to reapply id recommend thermal grizzly kryonaut (preferred) or hydronaut (still good). Knocked a few degrees off of what mx4 did for me

LTT Community Standards                                               Welcome!-A quick guide for new members to LTT

Man's Machine- i7-7700k@5.0GHz / Asus M8H / GTX 1080Ti / 4x4gb Gskill 3000 CL15  / Custom loop / 240gb Intel SSD / 3tb HDD / Corsair RM1000x / Dell S2716DG

The Lady's Rig- G3258@4.4GHz(1.39v) on Hyper 212 / Gigabyte GA-B85M / gtx750 / 8gb PNY xlr8 / 500gb seagate HDD / CS 450M / Asus PB277Q

oh wow i didnt even think about the custom fan curves since i never was able to use the feature because of my old gpu being really old now im getting 64 on msi kombustor stress test

oh wow i didnt even think about the custom fan curves since i never was able to use the feature because of my old gpu being really old now im getting 64 on msi kombustor stress test

that is beautiful!

LTT Community Standards                                               Welcome!-A quick guide for new members to LTT

Man's Machine- i7-7700k@5.0GHz / Asus M8H / GTX 1080Ti / 4x4gb Gskill 3000 CL15  / Custom loop / 240gb Intel SSD / 3tb HDD / Corsair RM1000x / Dell S2716DG

The Lady's Rig- G3258@4.4GHz(1.39v) on Hyper 212 / Gigabyte GA-B85M / gtx750 / 8gb PNY xlr8 / 500gb seagate HDD / CS 450M / Asus PB277Q