Trouble after some upgrades.

maglue
Go to solution Solved by Hades,

So i reset all my bios setting ( dont know if it was old cpu overclocked settings). It is running well now, no crashes yet and have ran through metro 2033 benchmarks for the last 30 mins .

Nice to hear

Hello. I am having some issues with my systems after some new upgrades. 
The system sometimes randomly blacks out in games or the screen just freezes and there is nothing you can do. Also catalyst control  center gives me an error saying it is not working so i uninstalled it and when trying to reinstall it the screen goes black.

I added a second 7950 to my system. It is running on a fatality 750w. Is that enough. And i am running on of the power cords to one of the 7950 off of a molex adapter. Could the cord or be the problem or does the the psu have enough power.
I also replaced my cpu (fx 6100) with a new fx 8320.

The system specs are :

asrock 970 extreme 3
fatality 750w

2 x radeon hd 7950
fx 8320
8 gigs of 1600 mhz ram 

In theory your PSU should power it, each 7950 is only around 155w. Check to make sure you have sufficient amperage ratings. Unplug your old card and run the slave one through some diagnostics and stress tests to try and reproduce the same effect. Have you verified that the new card isn't faulty?

At the basic level, at least try reseating.

Error: 410

I will take the old one out now and give it a go. I was also considering going and getting the cord to put the power straight to the psu (pcie power cable) rather then using the molex adapter

I will take the old one out now and give it a go. I was also considering going and getting the cord to put the power straight to the psu (pcie power cable) rather then using the molex adapter

It was my understanding that you did not have any other free cables. If you don't have to use the molex adapter, definitely don't. They have been known to cause problems.

Error: 410

I will test this card. If it does not crash i will go get the cable. Any tests that you would suggest?

I did not have the cable around ( it was late last night when i did it).

So i just had the new card in there. All seemed well no crashes then after about 30 mins of gaming it crashed. Out in the old card to check that it is not the mother board or proccesser

Did you did do a fresh install? That could be the problem.

Quote me to get a reply!

I am considering wiping windows and doing everything again.
The old card worked for an hour and a half then crashed. Could it to do with the cpu?

Does the problem only happen in games and other high intense applications?

It happened in league of legends on both cards (on there own). It also happened once while browsing  

The psu your using is a quad rail meaning that you might of connected the CPU and graphic card on the same rail, this may be causing your problem I'm looking into how the rails are design to get a better understanding right now

Thankyou so much =)
I am so confused to why it is doing it.

Ok the only information that I could find is this, the non-modular (pre-attached) cables are for the motherboard and CPU (I know no brainer), and your pic-e wire are modular they go into the red socket and the black socket if for SATA/peripheral. Sry that the only information I could find as I don't have the psu. The reason I think it's your psu is because it only does this when the CPU and gpu need more power. Another information about the can you please post as it might help solve the problem if this doesn't help.

Information from here : http://www.hardwaresecrets.com/article/OCZ-Fatal1ty-750-W-Power-Supply-Review/1019/6

Sorry about the late reply. I updated my motherboard bios and re installed windows. Still no luck.
I have the psu picture here.

post-14853-0-84602900-1376008621.jpg

Have you tried putting the old CPU in (fx 6100) to see if that fixes your problem, try to put your pc back how it was before the problem started to see if the problem is still there.

Something that I have missed what cooler are u using and what temps are you getting, this may be a result of the pc crashing

I will resemble my old system and one by put in new parts :)

I am using a noctua nh-d14 . The highest it gets is 35 degrees

Yh temps are no problem.

Just reassemble your old system to test, if you get no problems install your second graphics card, if that also works without a problem, then install the fx 8120, this will help you determine what might be causing the problem.

Also when the pc crashes does it shut off or freezes and you have to hold the power to turn it off

I will start doing it now :)

It freezes. But does not black out. And I have to hold the power button

Ok keep us updated and ill get back to you ASAP. 3.30am here so might be late reply.

So i reset all my bios setting ( dont know if it was old cpu overclocked settings). It is running well now, no crashes yet and have ran through metro 2033 benchmarks for the last 30 mins .

Nice to hear