WIN10: Two annoying bugs...

LightCode Gaming
Go to solution Solved by LightCode Gaming,

Updating the driver that it gave me on my Z97 G5 MOBO set fixed the audio problem; running in windowed mode fixes the game problem. SOLVED!

So I have two very annoying bugs going on with WIN10 atm...

1) Soundblaster x-fi keeps hogging CPU usage. The only way I can fix this is to end the process and NOT turn it back on. What could I do to fix this?

2) When exiting GMOD from non-windowed mode (or Alt-Tabing out), windows explorer hangs up and I have no back ground; usually restarting windows explorer fixes this, but it doesn't always.

GIGABYTE Z97MX-G516GB DDR3 | I5 4690k @ 4.4ghz | 1TB SSHD, 500GB HDD, 128GB SSD | GTX 1070 8GB | Corsair Graphite 230 | EVGA 650W | Hyper 212 EVO

Cinebench R15: 636(all cores), 127FPS

I could not get the drivers to work for my brother X-Fi (original one on PCI), sadly. He is on the onboard.

So hopefully uou get better luck. I have using on my old X-Fi and my brother one the daniel K drivers, they were miles better than Creatives.

Creative is famous for very slow driver releases, think once during windows 8 it took a year for them to release a driver.

Not only that, but it also missing features, and blame the blame game on Windows, even though Creative is the only one with problems.

On my system I switch to a ASUS Essence STX. Using alternative drivers as well. But unlike Creative, they are just a bit better, as ASUS ones are pretty good to start with, but I think external DAC/AMP unit is best for next time, especially these days where they are more competition and a growing market for them.

one recent bug i found is some files (mainly PDF) don't have icons in file explore :wacko:

Its all about those volumetric clouds

one recent bug i found is some files (mainly PDF) don't have icons in file explore :wacko:

That is a problem with your PDF viewer, ir icon cache. Clear it, and it should be fine, or switch PDF reader.

Just found a driver update for it that hasn't been installed; trying it.

Still no fix for the win-exploerer crash, but its easy enough to restart it.

GIGABYTE Z97MX-G516GB DDR3 | I5 4690k @ 4.4ghz | 1TB SSHD, 500GB HDD, 128GB SSD | GTX 1070 8GB | Corsair Graphite 230 | EVGA 650W | Hyper 212 EVO

Updating the driver that it gave me on my Z97 G5 MOBO set fixed the audio problem; running in windowed mode fixes the game problem. SOLVED!