Internet Disconnections / Lag Spikes

Kryptic BladeZz

I recently did some cable managing and unplugged my modem and my router. I plugged them back in and all seemed fine and dandy until I started playing Battlefield 4. I was getting ping spikes every 10 minutes for just about 10 seconds and it was really annoying. I figured it was just my PC, but I hopped on my Xbox to see if it was only my PC. I was also getting ping spikes. It pretty much shuts off when it does that. Look at the image I posted. PLLEEASE someone help me I can't play any multiplayer game without getting really bothered by the lag. I know I plugged everything back exactly where it was with the modem and the router and yes I've triple checked to no avail. As you can see my download speeds completely stop for a few seconds and start back up again.

post-218337-0-21908700-1440568660_thumb.

Change the channels around in your router, try that. Preferably 1,6 or 11. Make sure all the cabling is secured on the modem and router.

Change the channels around in your router, try that. Preferably 1,6 or 11.

Already tried that. I can try again and I will get back to you in a few minutes

I recently did some cable managing and unplugged my modem and my router. I plugged them back in and all seemed fine and dandy until I started playing Battlefield 4. I was getting ping spikes every 10 minutes for just about 10 seconds and it was really annoying. I figured it was just my PC, but I hopped on my Xbox to see if it was only my PC. I was also getting ping spikes. It pretty much shuts off when it does that. Look at the image I posted. PLLEEASE someone help me I can't play any multiplayer game without getting really bothered by the lag. I know I plugged everything back exactly where it was with the modem and the router and yes I've triple checked to no avail. As you can see my download speeds completely stop for a few seconds and start back up again.

try logging into your router via your internet browser and reset it to factory settings in the menu and the router will refresh itself. i used to have this same very problem, and when it would act up i would reset it to factory defaults. it would be perfectly fine afterwards about 20 minutes after doing it. hope this helped or maybe gives you an idea.

CPU: Core i7 4790k - CPU Cooler: Thermaltake Water 3.0 Ultimate - GPU: Asus GTX 980Ti - Motherboard: MSI Z87-GD65 Gaming - Ram: 20GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3 @ 1600MHz - Storage: ADATA 256GB SSD, Samsung 840 Evo 1TB SSD & WD 1TB HDD 7200RPM - PSU: NZXT Hale90 V2 1000W Gold+ - Case: Phantek Enthoo Primo Black Exterior/White Interior - Display: Samsung 29" Curved Ultra Wide - Keyboard & Mouse: Razer Blackwidow Ultimate & Roccat Tyon - Sound: Razer Kraken USB Headphones, Blue Yeti, Logitech z313 Speakers

http://imgur.com/DYGOLoF I have tested the modem in two different locations with the same result. (Modem is a modem/router combo) And have also moved router. Same result. Tried changing channels to 1 and 6 for both in some combinations. Same result. Any more suggestions? I think I'm gonna try connecting it directly to the router or modem and see if it's just the wireless signal