Corsair PSU's hate me.. other options?

happinessism

Okies, so I realize how the title of this post could be confusing. So, here comes my story:

A couple months ago, I bought a Corsair ax1200i, and lost the receipt. (A friend told me that I didn't need the receipt to have warranty for corsair, since apparently, they're a good company that way or something) So, believing him, I went along my way. A week ago, the psu started having some really bad coil whine. When reaching out to Corsair for RMA, they said that they needed the receipt and couldn't process the RMA. (OK, it was my fault for losing the receipt, fine.) I decided to swallow the loss, and bought another AX1200i today, but alas, this unit also has really bad coil whine. I'll be returning it tomorrow.

I decided that I would never go back to Corsair for their PSU's. So, as an individual in the market for another psu, which ones would you guys recommend? 

I don't really need 1200W, I just wanted to have so much, the psu fan wouldn't run, and it would be silent. But, I will need at least 850w. 

I would like to have the <fan not spinning> mode for the psu, but it isn't required. 

Thanks!

Corsair doesn't have bad PSUs, if you RMA the new one through Corsair they'll generally be very good at helping you out - Heck I had a H100i leak on me and they replaced every part of my computer (except the case), even the non-corsair stuff.

NCASE M1 i5-9600k  GTX 1080 FE Z370N-WIFI SF600 NH-U9S LPX 32GB 960EVO

I'm a self-identifying Corsair Nvidia Fanboy; Get over it.

Corsair doesn't have bad PSUs, if you RMA the new one through Corsair they'll generally be very good at helping you out - Heck I had a H100i leak on me and they replaced every part of my computer (except the case), even the non-corsair stuff.

I don't know.. going through two of their psu's makes me have second thoughts. I just want to have a nice, quiet psu, which Corsair can't provide. And I would like to not wait to receive a new unit through mail. I'm still using the corsair unit with it's coil whine for now while I look around for a new psu, and will be saying <goodbye forever> to it soon enough. 

Now that's really awesome. 

I don't know.. going through two of their psu's makes me have second thoughts. I just want to have a nice, quiet psu, which Corsair can't provide. And I would like to not wait to receive a new unit through mail. I'm still using the corsair unit with it's coil whine for now while I look around for a new psu, and will be saying <goodbye forever> to it soon enough. 

I have an AX760 (not the AX760i) and it has never failed me. Im in love with it.

The RMA for me from the time i contacted support to the time I got a new one was exactly 7 days - bearing in mind they had to send it to me from 7500miles away. I didn't pay a cent.

NCASE M1 i5-9600k  GTX 1080 FE Z370N-WIFI SF600 NH-U9S LPX 32GB 960EVO

I'm a self-identifying Corsair Nvidia Fanboy; Get over it.

My Corsair RM 550 recently died on me and took the MOBO and processor with it. After some research, all roads lead to seasonic and evga and I now have a EVGA G2. Can't speak for it myself, but everyone else recommended it.

I have an AX760 (not the AX760i) and it has never failed me. Im in love with it.

The RMA for me from the time i contacted support to the time I got a new one was exactly 7 days - bearing in mind they had to send it to me from 7500miles away. I didn't pay a cent.

I'm glad that you had such a wonderful experience with Corsair! I'm not risking another unit with coil whine though. My fragile ears can't take the coil while any longer. 

My Corsair RM 550 recently died on me and took the MOBO and processor with it. After some research, all roads lead to seasonic and evga and I now have a EVGA G2. Can't speak for it myself, but everyone else recommended it.

Yes, I came upon the EVGA 1200 P2. I'm considering it now, and a couple friends of mine are also recommending it. It will most likely be my next (and hopefully last) psu for a long long while.

SuperFlower or SeaSonic. ;)

i5 2400 | ASUS RTX 4090 TUF OC | Seasonic 1200W Prime Gold | WD Green 120gb | WD Blue 1tb | some ram | a random case

Now that's really awesome.

So unfortunately it is extremely common for both the AX series and AXi to have coil whine.

Anyways, since you know that firsthand I suggest looking into a Super Flower unit. EVGA has a few and you can also buy one straight from Super Flower. Check out the PSU whitelist in my sig if you are yet unsure :)

|PSU Tier List /80 Plus Efficiency| PSU stuff if you need it. 

My system: PCPartPicker || For Corsair support tag @Corsair Josephor @Corsair Nick || My 5MT Legacy GT Wagon ||

So unfortunately it is extremely common for both the AX series and AXi to have coil whine.

Anyways, since you know that firsthand I suggest looking into a Super Flower unit. EVGA has a few and you can also buy one straight from Super Flower. Check out the PSU whitelist in my sig if you are yet unsure :)

LOL, I'm not the one that needs help but I'll definitely keep this handy. 

I checked out your list! It's really helpful!