Popup "Windows detected a hard disk problem", however no other piece of software is able to find this issue.

MrJames34

Hello,

Yesterday I upgraded the storage in my desktop which included putting in a used 1TB drive that wasn't marked as kaput (however this isn't 100% certain).

I checked Acronis Drive Monitor and it looks like it was at 100% health. All was great last night, however this morning, the following message appeared.

zrBKJPp.png

I assumed that the drive was dead, however I have just checked Acronis Drive Monitor,  CrystalDiskInfo and Disk Management, and every application has decided the drive is currently healthy.

Disk Management:

8VTVjAu.png

Acronis Drive Monitor: (please ignore the "Disks: Temperature alert" warning - it's caused by an SSD S.M.A.R.T parameter being misinterpreted.)

FByrJpE.png

However, in the Events history on Acronis Drive Monitor, it seems to show that on the past two startups, the drive seems to assume it's bust for a few moments, then goes back to 100% health as you can see here.

YjgieQW.png

Knowing that whilst the drive does temporarily hit 0% health for a few moments, however then returns back to 100% health, is this anything to worry about or is it more likely caused by something being misinterpreted/badly outputted?

Any help would be appreciated 

SNIP

Following, I have had the same issue with a hard drive, wondering what the issue is myself

Since upgrading to Windows 10 I have not seen the message which is even more confusing

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

Following, I have had the same issue with a hard drive, wondering what the issue is myself

Since upgrading to Windows 10 I have not seen the message which is even more confusing

Hmm that's odd. I assume the drive still runs fine today?

Hmm that's odd. I assume the drive still runs fine today?

Yes, but I am hesitant to put any important data on it, I installed a few games on it and they run fine..

I got the drive free off a friend when he sold his PC... so Its not real loss.. but if its healthy I have a use for it

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

Yes, but I am hesitant to put any important data on it, I installed a few games on it and they run fine..

I got the drive free off a friend when he sold his PC... so Its not real loss.. but if its healthy I have a use for it

Aaah I see. I'm planning on running daily backups from my two 1TB drives onto my NAS, so worst case scenario, if this drive does give up and die i'll only lose a day of data. 

Aaah I see. I'm planning on running daily backups from my two 1TB drives onto my NAS, so worst case scenario, if this drive does give up and die i'll only lose a day of data. 

yeah mines just a spare

luckily my server drives are ok :D

yeah mines just a spare

luckily my server drives are ok :D

Yeah same haha,both server drives are in RAID so hopefully whether or not this drive packs up and dies, there's not much chance of losing data