Need help finding a external sound card

MrNinjanachos

So, I've been using my on-board audio and I've been getting a hissing noise and when I use my microphone theres like a buzzing noise (almost sounds like a dog whistle) So I'm thinking that I need to get a external DAC or something outside of my computer. I would like 7.1 surround sound and for it to also have a input for my mic and eq settings would be pretty cool. Price isn't an issue, just need some quality audio.

Thanks in advance.

So, I've been using my on-board audio and I've been getting a hissing noise and when I use my microphone theres like a buzzing noise (almost sounds like a dog whistle) So I'm thinking that I need to get a external DAC or something outside of my computer. I would like 7.1 surround sound and for it to also have a input for my mic and eq settings would be pretty cool. Price isn't an issue, just need some quality audio.

Thanks in advance.

Price IS an issue. If you tell us that it isn't, we might as well recommend some $2,000 professional sound equipment.

Hey! New SIgnature! 

I'm supposedly a person on the Internet, but you'll never know if I'm human or not ;)

Price IS an issue. If you tell us that it isn't, we might as well recommend some $2,000 professional sound equipment.

Well, obviously a reasonable price range. If someone was to recommend something, I didn't want them to not post something because the price was $200 or something like that.

Well, obviously a reasonable price range. If someone was to recommend something, I didn't want them to not post something because the price was $200 or something like that.

Well if $200 is within your budget, I'd go for the external solution and just get the schiit magni/modi stack. As for surround and eq, those can be done via software.

Well if $200 is within your budget, I'd go for the external solution and just get the schiit magni/modi stack. As for surround and eq, those can be done via software.

but OP would still need something for the mic. @op,look at the Scarlett 2i2 (I think that's what it's called. Just look for the cheap USB audio interface over at Sweetwater. It's red and should be about $80)

Hey! New SIgnature! 

I'm supposedly a person on the Internet, but you'll never know if I'm human or not ;)

but OP would still need something for the mic. @op,look at the Scarlett 2i2 (I think that's what it's called. Just look for the cheap USB audio interface over at Sweetwater. It's red and should be about $80)

The Scarlett is actually $149 and I guess I forgot to specify the type of mic I will be using. (though maybe at one point in the future I'll get a better microphone) I'll be using the Modmic 4.0

Thanks anyways.

would the xlr to trs adapter effect the audio quality?

However, the modmic can't be used with the Scarlett products as far as I know

Nope.

This. Besides, even if it did:a, how would you know? And b, it would still be significantly better than your current sound issues... (and it really, really won't.) I ran my he-500 through a 1/4 to 1/8 adapter, then plugged it into a 1/8 to 1/4 adapter then plugged that into my dac amp, and it sounded exactly the same as going straight to the dac amp. No difference...

Hey! New SIgnature! 

However, the modmic can't be used with the Scarlett products as far as I know

Why wouldn't you be able to?

Hey! New SIgnature! 

Why wouldn't you be able to?

I don't know, I just remember researching it at one point and people reported that it didn't work. Something to do with the voltages and whatnot, or something.

I don't know, I just remember researching it at one point and people reported that it didn't work. Something to do with the voltages and whatnot, or something.

That's stupid.

Hey! New SIgnature!