Dual 24' Setup

Bruu Betyr

Am searching for dual 24" setup IPS displays, dont need more than 75hz or 60hz. Was looking at Asus VX239H but the borders turned out to be a problem since the bezzels wont touch. Ideas?

Dell U2414H?

No cant have 2 of those and am searching for gaming use, The dell u2414h is too pricey

It would help to mention your budget.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

It would help to mention your budget.

Budget=   Both together £300-£350

Budget=   Both together £300-£350

You can get 2 U2414H's for £350 mate o: 

http://www.aria.co.uk/SuperSpecials/Other+products/Dell+UltraSharp+U2414H+24%22+Widescreen+IPS+LED+Slim+Bezel+Monitor+-+Midnight+Grey+?productId=59791

If you want really thin bezels and a great 1080p IPS display running @60Hz it's 100% what I would pick.

Plus they are great for gaming :)

i5 4690k | GTX 980Ti G1 Gaming | 16GB RAM | MSI Z97 Gaming 7 | NZXT Kraken X61 | 850 EVO 250GB x2  | 1TB 850 Evo NZXT Noctis 450 | EVGA 750W 80+ Gold

Ducky Shine 3 TKL (Browns) | LG 34UC87C | Logitech MX Master ATH-M50x's + DT990 Pro's 

You can get 2 U2414H's for £350 mate o: 

http://www.aria.co.uk/Products/Monitors+%26+TVs/24+inch/Dell+UltraSharp+U2414H+24%22+Widescreen+IPS+LED+Slim+Bezel+Monitor+-+Midnight+Grey+?productId=59791&source=pcpartpicker

If you want really thin bezels and a great 1080p IPS display running @60Hz it's 100% what I would pick.

good for gaming?

good for gaming?

Yeah it will be, the input lag and response times are more than low enough (The input lag is actually stupidly low) and it has a flicker free backlight so your eyes wont strain from that and the IPS Panel will make all the colours look nice, along with no colour shift. 

For a detailed review of how it handles gaming look here: http://www.tftcentral.co.uk/reviews/content/dell_u2414h.htm#gaming

And for a detailed review of everything look here: http://www.tftcentral.co.uk/reviews/dell_u2414h.htm

i5 4690k | GTX 980Ti G1 Gaming | 16GB RAM | MSI Z97 Gaming 7 | NZXT Kraken X61 | 850 EVO 250GB x2  | 1TB 850 Evo NZXT Noctis 450 | EVGA 750W 80+ Gold

Ducky Shine 3 TKL (Browns) | LG 34UC87C | Logitech MX Master ATH-M50x's + DT990 Pro's 

Yeah they will be, the input lag and response times are more than low enough (The input lag is actually stupidly low) and it has a flicker free backlight so your eyes wont strain from that and the IPS Panel will make all the colours look nice, along with no colour shift. 

For a detailed review of how it handles gaming look here: http://www.tftcentral.co.uk/reviews/content/dell_u2414h.htm#gaming

And for an detailed review of everything look here: http://www.tftcentral.co.uk/reviews/dell_u2414h.htm

Im buying all my pc parts in UK but monitors i have to buy at home (Norway) So they cost a hellofalot more here. Do you think its worth scraping together the money for 2 Ultrasharps?

PS: Can my future system handle the 2 Ultrasharps? Specs: i5 4690K CPU, MSI GTX 970 GPU, MSI z97 gaming 3 s1150 MOBO, 8gb Hyperx fury ram?

Im buying all my pc parts in UK but monitors i have to buy at home (Norway) So they cost a hellofalot more here. Do you think its worth scraping together the money for 2 Ultrasharps?

PS: Can my future system handle the 2 Ultrasharps? Specs: i5 4690K CPU, MSI GTX 970 GPU, MSI z97 gaming 3 s1150 MOBO, 8gb Hyperx fury ram?

Ohh damn, well I guess it depends on how much more it is, if it's a lot then maybe you should look at other cheaper ones, but they will come with thicker bezels, you can still get good IPS 1080p displays for about £50-70 cheaper each. 

Or maybe you could even consider a 29" 21:9 display? Like the LG 29UB55 which is probably the cheapest right now (Or at least in the UK it is) you'd be able to be more productive with that and game in the 21:9 format. Although if you wanted 2 distinct displays that doesn't help you much :c

And as for if your system can handle it, I assume you're gaming on one display at a time right? If so then yes it will, the 970 is great for 1080p. And having a 2nd monitor running just browsing the web/watching videos or w/e doesn't take up much of the GPUs power at all :) 

Ohh damn, well I guess it depends on how much more it is, if it's a lot then maybe you should look at other cheaper ones, but they will come with thicker bezels, you can still get good IPS 1080p displays for about £50-70 cheaper each. 

Or maybe you could even consider a 29" 21:9 display? Like the LG 29UB55 which is probably the cheapest right now (Or at least in the UK it is) you'd be able to be more productive with that and game in the 21:9 format. Although if you wanted 2 distinct displays that doesn't help you much :c

And as for if your system can handle it, I assume you're gaming on one display at a time right? If so then yes it will, the 970 is great for 1080p. And having a 2nd monitor running just browsing the web/watching videos or w/e doesn't take up much of the GPUs power at all :)

The ultrasharps cost £180 over here in the north pole, jks i meen norway but The number 2300 norwegian kroner looked very big until i googled it in pounds :)

But thanks for the help! goodnight ;)

The ultrasharps cost £180 over here in the north pole, jks i meen norway but The number 2300 norwegian kroner looked very big until i googled it in pounds :)

But thanks for the help! goodnight ;)

Oh, not too bad then lool. And no problem, goodnight  ^_^

Oh, not too bad then lool. And no problem, goodnight  ^_^

I see in your bio, you have an ASUS MX239H. A while ago i was thinking of buying 2 of those but then changed my mind, what do think of it? Are they good for gaming?

And do they have nice displays?

I see in your bio, you have an ASUS MX239H. A while ago i was thinking of buying 2 of those but then changed my mind, what do think of it? Are they good for gaming?

And do they have nice displays?

Yeah I've had the MX239H for over two years now! 

dae5KMz.png

It was a great display at the time, still looks beautiful colour wise to this day of course, and back then when I purchased it there weren't many other 1080p IPS displays with thin bezels, or even the 'bezel-less' design that it (and many others today) features, so it was a pretty sound option for me at the time. 

Although seeing as the U2414H comes in at the same price/lower in some places I wouldn't really recommended it any more. 

Especially not for a multi monitor set up, the Dell has the thinner bezels, and better input options, with 2 Displayport and 2 HDMI, and another big thing is that it's height adjustable, which my old MX is not. 

The only thing the Asus MX has over the Dell now is that it has built in speakers (Which the Dell does not), and sure they are 'Bang & Olufsen' but still in reality they should like shit, they are better quality and louder than most other built in monitor speakers, but it's still advisable to use external speakers or headphones.

FunFact: When I brought that monitor I actually used it mainly for console gaming lool, then when I built my current PC (But back when it was sli 970's and not a 980Ti) I purchased the RoG Swift monitor (TN Panel 1440p 144Hz) but I missed IPS so much that I had to switch back to my MX239H, so I sold it, and now I'm deciding if I should wait for the x34, wait for a VA version of the x34, or just go ahead and buy the S34E790C or the 34UC87. But I've been gaming on either borrowed monitors or my MX for the last couple months now, and it's been great still on my MX tbh. 

Yeah I've had the MX239H for over two years now! 

dae5KMz.png

It was a great display at the time, still looks beautiful colour wise to this day of course, and back then when I purchased it there weren't many other 1080p IPS displays with thin bezels, or even the 'bezel-less' design that it (and many others today) features, so it was a pretty sound option for me at the time. 

Although seeing as the U2414H comes in at the same price/lower in some places I wouldn't really recommended it any more. 

Especially not for a multi monitor set up, the Dell has the thinner bezels, and better input options, with 2 Displayport and 2 HDMI, and another big thing is that it's height adjustable, which my old MX is not. 

The only thing the Asus MX has over the Dell now is that it has built in speakers (Which the Dell does not), and sure they are 'Bang & Olufsen' but still in reality they should like shit, they are better quality and louder than most other built in monitor speakers, but it's still advisable to use external speakers or headphones.

FunFact: When I brought that monitor I actually used it mainly for console gaming lool, then when I built my current PC (But back when it was sli 970's and not a 980Ti) I purchased the RoG Swift monitor (TN Panel 1440p 144Hz) but I missed IPS so much that I had to switch back to my MX239H, so I sold it, and now I'm deciding if I should wait for the x34, wait for a VA version of the x34, or just go ahead and buy the S34E790C or the 34UC87. But I've been gaming on either borrowed monitors or my MX for the last couple months now, and it's been great still on my MX tbh. 

Thanks for the help :) so for dual monitors i'm better off with the U2414H right?

Thanks for the help :) so for dual monitors i'm better off with the U2414H right?

Yep 100% :) And no worries.

Yep 100% :) And no worries.

Hey i just made a post on the U2414H problems with connection to GPU. I thought you might know something about this? Can you check it out?