Solution for my 7.1 USB headset?

Edgymurphym8

I recently built my first PC and so far I'm pleased with it, except for the insane amounts of electromagnetic interference I get when using my headset (games are almost unplayable). Is there a DAC or sound card that you guys recommend around the £50 - £100 range that will stop or at least reduce it?

The headset is a razer kraken 7.1 surround headset in case you were wondering, the only thing to plug it in with is a USB cable so at the moment I'm stuck using motherboard ports. (No 3.5mm jack which I noticed most DACs have)

So the headset terminates in a USB?  If so, then there is little that can be done, without modding it... and that would probably be a adventure.  Best bet would be to look into a external dac/amp and a new headset if it is really really bad.

Since the headset uses a USB cable a DAC isn't a solution. Basically, the headset already has a DAC build into either the headset or the cable.

If the problem is insufficient power to the headset, you could try to plug it into a USB 3.0 port. Sometimes that helps.

Another solution that sometimes work, is to plug the headset into the powered USB hub.

Nova doctrina terribilis sit perdere

Audio format guides: Vinyl records | Cassette tapes

Thanks for the help, looks like I'll just learn to put up with it if that USB hub thing doesn't work