My new build. Rate it and hate it.

Ryan_68

The fan is a little 2 much blue

I plan on swapping out the first fan on the heatsink with a CM sickleflow blue to match the rest.

512 GB SSD yet cringe-worth mb...

Other thn that looks ok

The fan is a little 2 much blue

Probably the camera

This is a signature.

I plan on swapping out the first fan on the heatsink with a CM sickleflow blue to match the rest.

CoolerMaster sickleflow fans are trash and a waste of $2

Get a Crougor Vortex

Insert   Dank   Signature   Here.

CoolerMaster sickleflow fans are trash and a waste of $2

Get a Crougor Vortex

Yeah, but I would have to swap out the rest of the fans to match, and I had them leftover from my old build, so meh. lol

Another pic with more background lighting.

post-255016-0-81349600-1440243963_thumb.

Another pic with more background lighting.

Like the blue in the sleeving. Using a white light would show it a bit more, but then there might not be enough blue...

Cpu: Ryzen 2700 @ 4.0Ghz | Motherboard: Hero VI x370 | Gpu: EVGA RTX 2080 | Cooler: Custom Water loop | Ram: 16GB Trident Z 3000MHz

PSU: RM650x + Braided cables | Case:  painted Corsair c70 | Monitor: MSI 1440p 144hz VA | Drives: 500GB 850 Evo (OS)

Laptop: 2014 Razer blade 14" Desktop: http://imgur.com/AQZh2sj , http://imgur.com/ukAXerd

Like the blue in the sleeving. Using a white light would show it a bit more, but then there might not be enough blue...

The front intake fans are white and light them up pretty well. Turned them off in the first pic for maximum blueness.

I am curious why you went with the 8320. Generally, by the time you're spending that much on a chip, Intel's a better choice, but I'm sure you have a reason for it, so I'm curious here ^_^

My only other question is why a micro-ATX board in a standard ATX case? Is it just a question of dollars?

Also, a 512GB SSD seems like a lot but (a) it's the only HDD in the system and (b) it's a fairly low price at about 33 cents per GB.

I am curious why you went with the 8320. Generally, by the time you're spending that much on a chip, Intel's a better choice, but I'm sure you have a reason for it, so I'm curious here ^_^

My only other question is why a micro-ATX board in a standard ATX case? Is it just a question of dollars?

Also, a 512GB SSD seems like a lot but (a) it's the only HDD in the system and ( B) it's a fairly low price at about 33 cents per GB.

I went with the 8320 for a couple reasons. One, DX12 is supposed to utilize multi-thread performance much better than dx11 (pipe dream but I am hoping), and also the 8320 OC's very well. As for the mobo, yes that was a compromise based on price. I have a 240GB Kingston HyperX Savage in there as well, but that was pulled out of my old build so I didn't list it with the PC part picker build log as it wasn't purchased with the rest of the system,

I went with the 8320 for a couple reasons. One, DX12 is supposed to utilize multi-thread performance much better than dx11 (pipe dream but I am hoping), and also the 8320 OC's very well. As for the mobo, yes that was a compromise based on price. I have a 240GB Kingston HyperX Savage in there as well, but that was pulled out of my old build so I didn't list it with the PC part picker build log as it wasn't purchased with the rest of the system,

Just noting that you can edit your PCPartPicker list to show that you already own a part or are paying a certain amount for it rather than what's listed.

I also seem to remember that when you're running with an actual video card, faster RAM doesn't make nearly as much difference. It does, however, make a difference if you're running with an APU instead. So maybe you could have saved a few dollars there and went with a better motherboard? Just a thought.

Just noting that you can edit your PCPartPicker list to show that you already own a part or are paying a certain amount for it rather than what's listed.

I also seem to remember that when you're running with an actual video card, faster RAM doesn't make nearly as much difference. It does, however, make a difference if you're running with an APU instead. So maybe you could have saved a few dollars there and went with a better motherboard? Just a thought.

All valid points, but I went with the faster ram with the gtx 960 because of hevc h.265 decoding/ encoding. This system will be primarily for 1080p gaming, but I eill be doing some light editing on it as well.

Fair enough. In that case the faster memory might be more relevant. As long as you have valid options for your decisions. I personally probably would have tried squeezing a few extra dollars out somewhere - maybe a less expensive case or PSU, for example (PCPP says your system is 340W, and even a second card would bring it up to maybe 550W-ish, so a smaller PSU might have been a better option?) and gone with a better motherboard, but that's me. Amusingly, at current pricing, the Rosewill Photon-750 is 100W more and $10 less (because it's on special), or the 550W version is that price when not on special. And a better motherboard would give you more options.

Also running through a quick check on cases; the Enermax Ostrog seems to get good reviews for an inexpensive case and you should be able to save about $10 there. That being said, cases are a bit of a personal preference thing, so if that's not the style you won't, I can't really say anything. Just a thought.

Agreed, but I liked the case, as for the psu, I snagged it on one of the newegg daily deals for cheap.

Just want to say thanks for the constructive critism guys.