Dead Pixel?

Daniel0898
Go to solution Solved by Daniel0898,

6 hours is a long time, bro.  It's probably dead. 

Luck of the draw really. I wouldn't hate on Asus for it. There are millions of pixels and subpixels on an LCD panel (multiplied by the number of panels that are manufactured). I'd just use Amazon's automated return system to make it easier. 

Just got off the phone with amazon, they're going to send me a new monitor :)

Okay so I just got my new monitor: http://www.amazon.com/Asus-VG248QE-24-Inch-LED-Lit-Monitor/dp/B00B2HH7G0/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1440220720&sr=8-4&keywords=asus+monitor+24

It works great, the only problem is that there is a dot, right below the center of the screen.

If my screen is black, or I make it have a black background,  the very small dot appears green. And if I have a white background on, It's purple. 

I think it may be a dead pixel or something. I just wanted to know if there is anyway to repair this or should I just send it back to amazon and get a new one? Because trust me, if you are as OCD as I am, that dot is all you ever see on the screen. :(

If need be I can toss a picture of it in.

Thanks in advanced!

@Daniel0898 

Let this play overnight.  If it's just stuck, this will help.  If it's completely dead, it won't.  Since you just got the monitor, I'd return it if the pixel is dead. 

its a dead pixel by the sounds of it, iirc you can use one of those monitor color testing tools to see it more clearly.

one note to take away before you try to rma is not every company automatically gives you rma coverage on dead pixels, in fact most of the time if they even offer it its and additional fee (NCIX Does this) so if you had not already paid for it beforehand you may be stuck with it.

it can suck too I bought a sager laptop with coverage but they only cover you for a month, the dead pixel popped up 8 months later..

@Daniel0898 

Let this play overnight.  If it's just stuck, this will help.  If it's completely dead, it won't.  Since you just got the monitor, I'd return it if the pixel is dead. 

I'll try it

@Daniel0898 

oooooooooo epilepsy fuuuun!

its a dead pixel by the sounds of it, iirc you can use one of those monitor color testing tools to see it more clearly.

one note to take away before you try to rma is not every company automatically gives you rma coverage on dead pixels, in fact most of the time if they even offer it its and additional fee (NCIX Does this) so if you had not already paid for it beforehand you may be stuck with it.

it can suck too I bought a sager laptop with coverage but they only cover you for a month, the dead pixel popped up 8 months later..

I don't know how amazon is with that kind of stuff. I really hope they aren't like that because this pixel is really pissing me off.

Get a 2nd screen and make that first your secondary :P 

Or...  deal with it, attack your OCD with a dead pixel?

I had one on my tertiary monitor, it was red but it appears to have come back to life after many months...  Maybe you will get lucky.

However,

You have a new Monitor!  Contact ASUS about it!  My VG248QE hasn't had any issue like this in over a year.  perhaps you will need to RMA...

Yes, send it back is my suggestion.

For the Best builds and Price lists here is a world where many points of the price have been predefined already for your convenience!

The Xeon E3 1231 V3 IS BETTER Than the Core i5 4690K and a Significantly better value for the non-overclockers or value shoppers.

The OS is like a kind food, Try it before saying if you like it or don't.

I don't know how amazon is with that kind of stuff. I really hope they aren't like that because this pixel is really pissing me off.

RMA = Asus. 

Return = Amazon. 

Amazon would allow the return. But keep in mind that with so many pixels on a display, the possibility of getting another display with a dead pixel is still there. 

http://www.strony.toya.net.pl/~awulkiew/?page=pixelrepairer〈=en this software is amazing, run it over the dead pixel. also, if you use the test pattern to display a checkerboard, you can auto-adjust a VGA display perfectly, not that anyone used VGA...

@Daniel0898 

I ran it for about 6 hours while i slept, it didn't work. I think I'm going to try to run it longer though :/

I ran it for about 6 hours while i slept, it didn't work. I think I'm going to try to run it longer though :/

Luck of the draw really. I wouldn't hate on Asus for it. There are millions of pixels and subpixels on an LCD panel (multiplied by the number of panels that are manufactured). I'd just use Amazon's automated return system to make it easier. 

Will do, thanks for your help. I'll post in here if the new monitor is good :/

Just got off the phone with amazon, they're going to send me a new monitor :)

Just to be clear:

There are four Pixel Fault Classes (ISO 13406-2)

The Asus VG248QE is in class 2.

That means it is considerd fully funcional as long as it hasn't more then:

2 "type 1" (hot pixel / always on)

2 "type 2" (dead pixel / always off)

5 "type 3" pixels. (stuck pixel / sub pixels always on/off)

As long as your monitor doesn't exeed this tolerance, it is cosiderd a perfectly working display.

That Amazon replaced the monitor is very generous from Amazon, but i guess Amazon in gereral is very generous in regards of replacements.

~ ThxAndBye

"You should remove any cats from the vicinity, because cats will cause all kinds of problems doing CPU installation." -Linus

delid i7-3770k @ 4.2Ghz @ 1.265V | EVGA z77 FTW | GTX 680 2way-SLI | 16GB Corsair Dominator Platinum @ 1866MHz | 240GB SSD RAID 0 | Full Custom Water Loop with two 360mm radiators  -> live temps <-

That Amazon replaced the monitor is very generous from Amazon, but i guess Amazon in gereral is very generous in regards of replacements.

Regardless of being defective or not, the OP is entitled to a Amazon's own return policy for almost any reason. Amazon even allows for returns of "accidental orders" of fully functional items.

If he wants to return it, he could. He could then buy another one. If anything, Amazon's generosity is facilitating an exchange so that he doesn't have to actually buy another one again after returning it. A mere convenience.