Help finding single monitor for new rig

Hey, I'm about to build a new rig. It's high end and I need a monitor to suit it. I'm looking for a monitor (preferably 27") clear nice colours and good for fast paced games. I have a max of 300 dollars, I was thinking of this one http://www.acer.co.uk/ac/en/GB/content/model/UM.HG7EE.001. Do you think this one will be good for smooth fps or steam games? If not I'm open to suggestions :)

Hey, I'm about to build a new rig. It's high end and I need a monitor to suit it. I'm looking for a monitor (preferably 27") clear nice colours and good for fast paced games. I have a max of 320 dollars, I was thinking of this one http://www.acer.co.uk/ac/en/GB/content/model/UM.HG7EE.001. Do you think this one will be good for smooth fps or steam games? If not I'm open to suggestions :)

Make sure to follow topic and that's a IPS panel, a TN panel would be better suited for fps and fast paced games.http://www.scan.co.uk/products/27-acer-xb270h-monitor-tn-panel-1920x1080-1ms-300cd-m-speakers-dp-dvi-d-sub-hdmi-black

Setup

CPU: i3 4160|Motherboard: MSI Z97 PC MATE|RAM: Kingston HyperX Blue 8GB(2x4GB)|GPU: Sapphire Nitro R9 380 4GB|PSU: Seasonic M12II EVO 620W Modular|Storage: 1TB WD Blue|Case: NZXT S340 Black|PCIe devices: TP-Link WDN4800| Montior: ASUS VE247H| Others: PS3/PS4

Ok any suggestions? And also want a screen with nice colours and contrast so that's why I chose ips, oops only just saw your link, how are the colours on that monitor? And since I'm not just going to be playing fps will that monitor be suitable for slower paced games?

Ok any suggestions? And also want a screen with nice colours and contrast so that's why I chose ips, oops only just saw your link, how are the colours on that monitor? And since I'm not just going to be playing fps will that monitor be suitable for slower paced games?

keep in mind that ips screen almost always have a 5 ms atleast my one (personly i don't notice a difference with 5 ms vs  1ms)

On 11/19/2014 at 2:14 PM, Syntaxvgm said:
You would think Ubisoft would support the Bulldozer based architectures more given their digging themed names like bulldozer, Piledriver, Steamroller and Excavator.

Arcane, would you recommend an ips panel for beauty or the linked one for performance?

keep in mind that ips screen almost always have a 5 ms atleast my one (personly i don't see anything vs 1ms)

Arcane, would you recommend an ips panel for beauty or the linked one for performance?

Ips since better colors makes it really beautiful and better ms just makes it faster with dull colors which (most sense since i don't play competitive but more adventure )make less sense then ips, i currently use a lg 29um67 and its way better then my old TN monitor.

also do you want 1080p, 1440p  or what resolution? 

On 11/19/2014 at 2:14 PM, Syntaxvgm said:
You would think Ubisoft would support the Bulldozer based architectures more given their digging themed names like bulldozer, Piledriver, Steamroller and Excavator.

Make sure to follow topic and that's a IPS panel, a TN panel would be better suited for fps and fast paced games.http://www.scan.co.uk/products/27-acer-xb270h-monitor-tn-panel-1920x1080-1ms-300cd-m-speakers-dp-dvi-d-sub-hdmi-black

It being TN isn't what makes the monitor you linked better for gaming. IPS v TN, it doesn't matter for gaming now, the difference between their response times is pretty much meaningless in the vast majority of cases. 

The reason the one you linked is better for gaming (espc fps' and fast paced games) is because it has a 144Hz refresh rate. Although it's a bit pricey, you could get the AOC G2770PQU for £230 if he wanted 27" 1080p 144Hz

If the OP isn't looking for 144Hz or doesn't want to jump upto 1440p, then for a 1080p 60Hz display he should 100% get an IPS over a TN Panel

i5 4690k | GTX 980Ti G1 Gaming | 16GB RAM | MSI Z97 Gaming 7 | NZXT Kraken X61 | 850 EVO 250GB x2  | 1TB 850 Evo NZXT Noctis 450 | EVGA 750W 80+ Gold

Ducky Shine 3 TKL (Browns) | LG 34UC87C | Logitech MX Master ATH-M50x's + DT990 Pro's 

I don't have the money to buy your fancy monitor :P but do you think a 27" 5ms 75hz ips monitor is good for all round gaming: fps, adventure, steam, indie?

I will use 1080p, what does your LG have?

I don't have the money to buy your fancy monitor :P but do you think a 27" 5ms 75hz ips monitor is good for all round gaming: fps, adventure, steam, indie?

I will use 1080p, what does your LG have?

It being TN isn't what makes the monitor you linked better for gaming. IPS v TN, it doesn't matter for gaming now, the difference between their response times is pretty much meaningless in the vast majority of cases.

The reason the one you linked is better for gaming (espc fps' and fast paced games) is because it has a 144Hz refresh rate. Although it's a bit pricey, you could get the AOC G2770PQU for £230 if he wanted 27" 1080p 144Hz

If the OP isn't looking for 144Hz or doesn't want to jump upto 1440p, then for a 1080p 60Hz display he should 100% get an IPS over a TN Panel

ok but since I'm only going to playing games like tf2, rocket league and only a few fps games,

will 75hz be so much worse than 144hz. But will a TN have to washed out colours