Used cpu block still good

mc141

So im prepping to do an overhaul on my loop because i did a lousy job on the acrylic and want to add a gpu block.

So my question is, originaly i was using a swiftec gpu block but lost one of the springs and had to use my ek one that came in a kit when i chaged to acryilic. I found the socket 2011 springs for the swiftec that are same size just a tad stiffer and was gonna use those. Can i still use the block its been a few months out of service and wondering if the seals go bad from a few months of non use. I want to reuse the swit tech block because it gave me better temps then the cheapy ek block.

Also is the slighely stiffer springs ok or will it crack the board i dont feel mutch difference in the tention and im not even sure the stiffer ones are even the wrong springs at this point i lost the instructions.

Rubber seals can be restored using alcohol. Just rub some on with a paper towel and any dryness should go away. If they are so dry they cracked then there is no fixing it, but after only a few months you should be fine unless you left the o-rings in the sun.

-SNIP-

I would replace all the springs with the same ones to apply even pressure or try to ask swiftech to send you a replacement set they are usually fairly nice about it. As for the o-rings and seals they should be fine if they are still flexible and soft without cracking.

Rubber seals can be restored using alcohol. Just rub some on with a paper towel and any dryness should go away. If they are so dry they cracked then there is no fixing it, but after only a few months you should be fine unless you left the o-rings in the sun.

i wouldn't recommend to use isoproyl alcohol on the rubber seals they some may harden from per-longed exposure.

I would replace all the springs with the same ones to apply even pressure or try to ask swiftech to send you a replacement set they are usually fairly nice about it. As for the o-rings and seals they should be fine if they are still flexible and soft without cracking.

i wouldn't recommend to use isoproyl alcohol on the rubber seals they some may harden from per-longed exposure.

I know i need all 4 springs same, and as far as the block it never left out side its been in the original ek block box and surounded by other ek boxes inside the ek l360 kit box and ive always had ek fluid in it never used only distilled water or any other company fluid. And i never dissasembled the block just because i didnt want to disturb the seal. Plus the block was always still shiny when i drained it it was drained 2 or 3 times in the last yr because i was never happy with the look or wanted to switch to acrylic and it will be drained one more time for the final over haul for at least 2 yrs  where it will just be drained every 6 months or  6000 miles which ever comes first lol......

I know i need all 4 springs same, and as far as the block it never left out side its been in the original ek block box and surounded by other ek boxes inside the ek l360 kit box and ive always had ek fluid in it never used only distilled water or any other company fluid. And i never dissasembled the block just because i didnt want to disturb the seal. Plus the block was always still shiny when i drained it it was drained 2 or 3 times in the last yr because i was never happy with the look or wanted to switch to acrylic and it will be drained one more time for the final over haul for at least 2 yrs  where it will just be drained every 6 months or  6000 miles which ever comes first lol......

Haha sounds like it was in good care but most fluids theses days are pretty good with 6-12 month long cycles as long as no clogging occurs form soft tubing or anything like that. 

Haha sounds like it was in good care but most fluids theses days are pretty good with 6-12 month long cycles as long as no clogging occurs form soft tubing or anything like that. 

Yup 6 month leak and dust check and fluid change if i happen to have been near a microcenter.  And theres only about a foot of reguar tubing. Have to use a small amount of tubeing because the acrylic only setup i could hear the vibration im The raidiator. plus  i can tilt the case on its back while my kid holds the pump and pours the fluid to get all the air out of the top mounted radiator.