Help with home/office Internet speed problems

Codswallop

Hello I need some help with an internet speed problem. I moved back in with my father but he also has an office with 3 guys running for most of the day. The speed goes from already pretty bad speed of 5 Mega bites a second to a 800 - 900 Kila bites a second. I took a networking class last year but i would like some other inputs. Mind you we live out of town at quite a distance but I think we got Verizon and I don't know what we have for a plan.

The Router: Netgear N600 wireless Dual Band

I am stuck with a crappy little wireless adapter becuase we have no RJ-45 connectors in my room i was thinking an extender would help and be pretty cheap                

( I live on the other side of the house opposite to the router )

I need to convince him as a business man to update or upgrade his internet connections.  ( He is an owner of a Surveying company. )

Any ideas on what i could get or recommend to him for business and home use?

Router has a straight connection to his setup which he uses a lot ( CAT 6 Cable ). we also have a wire running underground to the office. ( Cat 5E Cables)

The office seems to have no trouble so it could just be a "get an extender" fix for wireless and we should be fine. But i still want some advice.

Hello I need some help with an internet speed problem. I moved back in with my father but he also has an office with 3 guys running for most of the day. The speed goes from already pretty bad speed of 5 Mega bites a second to a 800 - 900 Kila bites a second. I took a networking class last year but i would like some other inputs. Mind you we live out of town at quite a distance but I think we got Verizon and I don't know what we have for a plan.

The Router: Netgear N600 wireless Dual Band

I am stuck with a crappy little wireless adapter becuase we have no RJ-45 connectors in my room i was thinking an extender would help and be pretty cheap                

( I live on the other side of the house opposite to the router )

I need to convince him as a business man to update or upgrade his internet connections.  ( He is an owner of a Surveying company. )

Any ideas on what i could get or recommend to him for business and home use?

Router has a straight connection to his setup which he uses a lot ( CAT 6 Cable ). we also have a wire running underground to the office. ( Cat 5E Cables)

The office seems to have no trouble so it could just be a "get an extender" fix for wireless and we should be fine. But i still want some advice.

1st as a business owner if his speed is good for his business, then its really not needing an upgrade.  would it be worth it maybee

What is the speed coming out of the router?

is there a network jack anywhere else in the house closer to the middle?

likely a wifi signal problem,  maybee get a better adapter (may not work)

add an access point?

get an extender but keep in mind you cut your signal in half 

1st as a business owner if his speed is good for his business, then its really not needing an upgrade.  would it be worth it maybee

What is the speed coming out of the router?

is there a network jack anywhere else in the house closer to the middle?

likely a wifi signal problem,  maybee get a better adapter (may not work)

add an access point?

get an extender but keep in mind you cut your signal in half 

I totally agree with all your advice (and questions) :)

All tho I would never install an extender/repeater (unless there literally were no other options)