GTX 970 OC too far?

i don't use one because mine is on water.

d40dcabc08901c917b5b19e52cdd3ad3.gif

I'm still pretty noobish at this, what should my curve look like?

I'm still pretty noobish at this, what should my curve look like?

Match the fan % to temperatures you want. For example, on idle you make it so the fan is at 0% til 50 or 60c since its just idling. For gaming you have it go up a little at a time.

For example, (you can make the fan go faster if its not too loud and you need better temps)

608d850668dd837d6a41d69843dfb8c5.png

Match the fan % to temperatures you want. For example, on idle you make it so the fan is at 0% til 50 or 60c since its just idling. For gaming you have it go up a little at a time.

For example, (you can make the fan go faster if its not too loud and you need better temps)

608d850668dd837d6a41d69843dfb8c5.png

Okay, I'll mess around with this. Going +220MHz eventually ended up breaking some textures and soon crashing. I'm gonna go to bed and let it benchmark at +215. Would increasing memory clock help with this maybe? Haven't touched the +700. Either way, thanks for all the help.

Okay, I'll mess around with this. Going +220MHz eventually ended up breaking some textures and soon crashing. I'm gonna go to bed and let it benchmark at +215. Would increasing memory clock help with this maybe? Haven't touched the +700. Either way, thanks for all the help.

Yeah, no problem. If anything your high mem clock would hold you back. I'd try testing with the mem clock at stock til you get your highest possible core clock. You get better gains from higher core clocks vs mem clocks. After getting your max stable core clock then oc the mem with the core clock. You should be able to get 500+ easy.

Anything over +200 seemed too much for this card. The memory would still keep pushing, but mostly out of fear I kept it at +700. Here are my final results.

+16% increase in Heaven Benchmark scores (2020 vs 2348 score and 80.2 vs 93.2 fps)

+13% increase in 3DMark Fire Strike (9750 vs 11044)

+10% increase in BioShock Infinite (114.89 vs 127.13 fps)

Thanks so much to everyone who helped my 3am endeavors, specifically @Zayzo

Anything over +200 seemed too much for this card. The memory would still keep pushing, but mostly out of fear I kept it at +700. Here are my final results.

+16% increase in Heaven Benchmark scores (2020 vs 2348 score and 80.2 vs 93.2 fps)

+13% increase in 3DMark Fire Strike (9750 vs 11044)

+10% increase in BioShock Infinite (114.89 vs 127.13 fps)

Thanks so much to everyone who helped my 3am endeavors, specifically @Zayzo

Nice increases!