Need Help With gtx 980 ti SLI

ugrsrl61

I bought a new gtx 980 ti and put them in SLI .

When i am playing BF4 it always crashes after 2min.

DirectX function "device->CreateTexture2D( &texDesc,desc.subResourceCount!= 0 ? reinterpret_cast<const 
D3D11_SUBRESOURCE_DATA*>(desc.subResourceData) : 0, &texture->m_texture2d)"failed with E-OUTOFMEMORY ("Direct3d could not 
allocate sufficient memory to complete the call.") GPU: "NVIDIA GeForce 980 Ti", Driver: 33221. Free virtual memory: 
4291052560kB/4294967168kB. Total resource memory: 0kB. Make sure you have a supported graphics card with at least 512MB.

I play on 4k. Win 10 . Have 4790k on 4.4 ghz . And Game is not Maxed! MSAA off.
Getting almost 100fps and then it drops to 30 then crashes. For example when i get killed in game, fps drops and comes back. When i start sprinting Fps Drops to 50.

1 card was performing better somehow , locked at 60 fps and MSaa was at x4.
How do i get worst results then 1 card with sli ? What is the problem? 

I bought a new gtx 980 ti and put them in SLI .

When i am playing BF4 it always crashes after 2min.

DirectX function "device->CreateTexture2D( &texDesc,desc.subResourceCount!= 0 ? reinterpret_cast<const 

D3D11_SUBRESOURCE_DATA*>(desc.subResourceData) : 0, &texture->m_texture2d)"failed with E-OUTOFMEMORY ("Direct3d could not 

allocate sufficient memory to complete the call.") GPU: "NVIDIA GeForce 980 Ti", Driver: 33221. Free virtual memory: 

4291052560kB/4294967168kB. Total resource memory: 0kB. Make sure you have a supported graphics card with at least 512MB.

I play on 4k. Have 4790k on 4.4 ghz . And Game is not Maxed! MSAA off.
Getting almost 100fps and then it drops to 30 then crashes. For example when i get killed in game, fps drops and comes back. When i start sprinting Fps Drops to 50.

1 card was performing better somehow , locked at 60 fps and MSaa was at x4.
How do i get worst results then 1 card with sli ? What is the problem? 

Because dual card setups don't guarantee a performance increase and 9 times out of 10 break something in a game.

Check out my guide on how to scan cover art here!

Local asshole and 6th generation console enthusiast.

9 times out of 10, stats are made up. 

Did you enable SLI from the Nvidia control panel? Perhaps try reinstalling the latest driver.

CPU Intel Core i7-4790K Motherboard ASUS Saberthooth Z97 Mark1 RAM Corsair Dominator Platinum 16GB @ 2133MHZ GPU 2 X MSI GeForce GTX GTX 980TI GAMING 6G SLI Case Phantex Enthoo Evolv ATX Storage Samsung 840 Pro Series 256GB / Western Digital Caviar Black 2TB PSU Corsair RM1000i Display Asus 4K PB287Q Cooling Noctua NF-A14 FLX & NF-F12 PWM /Thermaltake Water 3.0 Ultimate 360mm Keyboard Corsair K70 Mouse ROCCAT Kone XTD Sound Card Asus Xonar STX

9 times out of 10, stats are made up. 

Did you enable SLI from the Nvidia control panel? Perhaps try reinstalling the latest driver.

SLI is enabled and i reinstall all the drivers. also Microsoft Visual C++

Because dual card setups don't guarantee a performance increase and 9 times out of 10 break something in a game.

15 times out of 10 someone who has no idea what they're talking about comes on a forum.

-problem-

Try overvolting each card slighty; let me know if it helps. +50mV should do it.

I have finally moved to a desktop. Also my guides are outdated as hell.

THE INFORMATION GUIDES: SLI INFORMATION || vRAM INFORMATION || MOBILE i7 CPU INFORMATION || Maybe more someday

15 times out of 10 someone who has no idea what they're talking about comes on a forum.

HaHa, KeK.

You're implying that SLI has very little problems. Maybe I was overexaggerating but I'm not lying about it not being fun to mess with.

HaHa, KeK.

You're implying that SLI has very little problems. Maybe I was overexaggerating but I'm not lying about it not being fun to mess with.

I wrote the SLI guide stickied in the forum. I know SLI's problems better than most, and 99 times out of 100 it DOESN'T break a game to have SLI on.

Forcing SLI on a game that doesn't support it is a different story. 

I have finally moved to a desktop. Also my guides are outdated as hell.

THE INFORMATION GUIDES: SLI INFORMATION || vRAM INFORMATION || MOBILE i7 CPU INFORMATION || Maybe more someday

I wrote the SLI guide stickied in the forum. I know SLI's problems better than most, and 99 times out of 100 it DOESN'T break a game to have SLI on.

Forcing SLI on a game that doesn't support it is a different story. 

I didn't mean to put "break" but hey that's what happens in a long day :P

Damn, I didn't know you could force SLI onto a game that didn't support it. I always thought if a game didn't support it, it just automatically didn't utilize any other GPU than the first one.

Disable SLI. There are memory leaks in SLI right now. This same issue happened on my SLI laptop, once I turned off the second card, it fixed it. Game works fine on my desktop as well with 980 ti (non-sli)

That's odd, why isn't it willing to go above 4GB vram use?

I'd write a topic on the official bf4 forum about this. See if anyone else has this issue.

It should use more than the 4 gb.

What is your total ram for the overall system?

If it's only 8gb that could be part of the issue. Each gpu requires at least 8 GB system ram and while on many games you might be able to get away with only 8 GB total it may be an issue for you here.

LINK-> Kurald Galain:  The Night Eternal 

Top 5820k, 980ti SLI Build in the World*

CPU: i7-5820k // GPU: SLI MSI 980ti Gaming 6G // Cooling: Full Custom WC //  Mobo: ASUS X99 Sabertooth // Ram: 32GB Crucial Ballistic Sport // Boot SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB

Mass SSD: Crucial M500 960GB  // PSU: EVGA Supernova 850G2 // Case: Fractal Design Define S Windowed // OS: Windows 10 // Mouse: Razer Naga Chroma // Keyboard: Corsair k70 Cherry MX Reds

Headset: Senn RS185 // Monitor: ASUS PG348Q // Devices: Note 10+ - Surface Book 2 15"

LINK-> Ainulindale: Music of the Ainur 

Prosumer DYI FreeNAS

CPU: Xeon E3-1231v3  // Cooling: Noctua L9x65 //  Mobo: AsRock E3C224D2I // Ram: 16GB Kingston ECC DDR3-1333

HDDs: 4x HGST Deskstar NAS 3TB  // PSU: EVGA 650GQ // Case: Fractal Design Node 304 // OS: FreeNAS