Asus vs Gigabyte motherboards

Hello Forum!

In your guys' opinion, is there much of a difference between the two besides features?

I had an asrock mobo and it died, then I got MSI but I gave that board to someone else.

Any insight helps tremendously!

Hello Forum!

In your guys' opinion, is there much of a difference between the two besides features?

I had an asrock mobo and it died, then I got MSI but I gave that board to someone else.

Not for me personally, I've used both brands and they worked exceptionally well.

I don't really have experience with Gigabyte boards but man the bios on asus boards is great.

Spoiler

CPU: i7-5820k @ 4.4GHz Motherboard: Asus X99 Strix  Graphics Card: Gigabyte 980Ti G1 Gaming Memory: Kingston HyperX Fury 24GB (3x 8GB) Hard Drive: 1TB WD Green SSD: Samsung 950 Pro 250GB CPU Cooling: Corsair H100i Power Supply: EVGA G2 850W Case: Corsair 400c Mouse: Logitech G502 Keyboard: Asus Strix (mx reds)  Monitor: BenQ XL2730Z 1440p@144hz OS: Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit Laptops: Lenovo Y50-70: i7-4720HQ - 16GB RAM - 256GB SSD - GTX 960m 4GB - MacBook Pro (Early 2016) 2,0GHz i5 - 8GB Ram - 256GB SSD Phone: iPhone 7+

I'd always take Asus motherboards over Gigabyte ones. I always hear people ranting about them.

Thanks

- Robbivip

I'd always take Asus motherboards over Gigabyte ones. I always hear people ranting about them.

Don't worry. On both sides are problems.

Yesterday I've seen someone having problems with a ROG Maximus something.

At the end it comes down to pricing, aesthetics and features to me.

You should never shop by brand. Always shop by the things I mentioned above.

Both manufacturers produce great motherboards. But so does MSI, ASRock and EVGA.

I've got a Gigabyte board now; have a number of issues which i can only assume it's the board, but Gigabyte weren't much help when i contacted them. 

Only had one Asus board, didn't have issues with it, but that's not to say they're free from issues... 

Hello Forum!

I love Asus UEFI BIOS, fan control and usually onboard audio. The quality is top notch, but so is gigabyte's, so, for me it's the BIOS, fan control and audio that make the difference.

System

• CPU
    I7-4790K @ 4,7GHz
  • Motherboard
    Asus MAXIMUS Formula VI
  • RAM
    Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB Kit (2x8GB) 1866MHz
  • GPU
    MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X
  • Case
    Cooler Master Cosmos SE
  • Storage
    Samsung 840 EVO 500GB+WD Green 3TB
  • PSU
    EVGA SuperNOVA 850G2 80PLUS Gold Certified
  • Display(s)
    ASUS PB277Q 27" WQHD 2560x1440 75Hz 1ms
  • Cooling
    Corsair H105 with AP121s and Phanteks fans
  • Keyboard
    Logitech G610 Orion
  • Mouse
    E-3lue E-Blue Mazer II 2500 DPI Blue LED 2.4GHz Wireless Optical Gaming Mouse
  • Sound
    Audio-Technica ATH-M20x
  • Operating System
    Windows 10

Asus.

+1 for Asus then haha.

I heard the same thing too, but also seen that GA's boards isn't too far off.

I don't really have experience with Gigabyte boards but man the bios on asus boards is great.

I definitely like Asus's BIOS than MSI in my opinion.

Not for me personally, I've used both brands and they worked exceptionally well.

That is what I was thinking too, especially in this day and age. More of color scheme and features than anything.

I've got a Gigabyte board now; have a number of issues which i can only assume it's the board, but Gigabyte weren't much help when i contacted them. 

Only had one Asus board, didn't have issues with it, but that's not to say they're free from issues... 

i like Asus but their customer service has gotten lots of complains, i haven't had to reach them yet, not looking forward to.

System

• CPU
    I7-4790K @ 4,7GHz
  • Motherboard
    Asus MAXIMUS Formula VI
  • RAM
    Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB Kit (2x8GB) 1866MHz
  • GPU
    MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X
  • Case
    Cooler Master Cosmos SE
  • Storage
    Samsung 840 EVO 500GB+WD Green 3TB
  • PSU
    EVGA SuperNOVA 850G2 80PLUS Gold Certified
  • Display(s)
    ASUS PB277Q 27" WQHD 2560x1440 75Hz 1ms
  • Cooling
    Corsair H105 with AP121s and Phanteks fans
  • Keyboard
    Logitech G610 Orion
  • Mouse
    E-3lue E-Blue Mazer II 2500 DPI Blue LED 2.4GHz Wireless Optical Gaming Mouse
  • Sound
    Audio-Technica ATH-M20x
  • Operating System
    Windows 10

Asus

Archangel (Desktop) CPU: i5 4590 GPU:Asus R9 280  3GB RAM:HyperX Beast 2x4GBPSU:SeaSonic S12G 750W Mobo:GA-H97m-HD3 Case:CM Silencio 650 Storage:1 TB WD Red
Celestial (Laptop 1) CPU:i7 4720HQ GPU:GTX 860M 4GB RAM:2x4GB SK Hynix DDR3Storage: 250GB 850 EVO Model:Lenovo Y50-70
Seraph (Laptop 2) CPU:i7 6700HQ GPU:GTX 970M 3GB RAM:2x8GB DDR4Storage: 256GB Samsung 951 + 1TB Toshiba HDD Model:Asus GL502VT

Windows 10 is now MSX! - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/440190-can-we-start-calling-windows-10/page-6

Hello Forum!

gigabyte won't let you set adaptive voltage for your cache ratio and vring, while asus will

BigDay

Asus has better VRMs

I do plan to overclock on my next CPU. Getting the i7-6700k and giving my girlfriend my current set up.

I love Asus UEFI BIOS, fan control and usually onboard audio. The quality is top notch, but so is gigabyte's, so, for me it's the BIOS, fan control and audio that make the difference.

I really enjoy the BIOS too, I haven't seen much from gigabyte but the Red/white combo from their z170 line up intrigues me..

That is very disheartening lol I don't want to grab a gigabyte board that has a higher chance of having problems..

Don't worry. On both sides are problems.

Yesterday I've seen someone having problems with a ROG Maximus something.

At the end it comes down to pricing, aesthetics and features to me.

You should never shop by brand. Always shop by the things I mentioned above.

Both manufacturers produce great motherboards. But so does MSI, ASRock and EVGA.

I used an MSI board and Asrock, I guess I like trying manufacturers just to give them a try haha.

Asus

Another +1 for Asus haha.

gigabyte won't let you set adaptive voltage for your cache ratio and vring, while asus will

Really? That is something I must consider then!

Hello Forum!

I would go with Asus because how reliable they are.

"Sulit" (adj.) something that is worth it

i7 8700K 4.8Ghz delidded / Corsair H100i V2 / Asus Strix Z370-F / G.Skill Trident Z RGB 16GB 3200 / EVGA GTX 1080Ti FTW3 / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q

Samsung 850 EVO 500GB & 250GB - Crucial MX300 M.2 525GB / Fractal Design Define S / Corsair K70 MX Reds / Logitech G502 / Beyerdynamic DT770 250Ohm

SMSL SD793II AMP/DAC - Schiit Magni 3 / PCPP

Old Rig

i5 2500k 4.5Ghz | Gigabyte Z68XP-UD3P | Zotac GTX 980 AMP! Extreme | Crucial Ballistix Tactical 16GB 1866MHz

asus for bios settings and FAN CONTROL!!! seems like gigabyte is always lacking in fan headers or the control you have of them.

LTT Community Standards                                               Welcome!-A quick guide for new members to LTT

Man's Machine- i7-7700k@5.0GHz / Asus M8H / GTX 1080Ti / 4x4gb Gskill 3000 CL15  / Custom loop / 240gb Intel SSD / 3tb HDD / Corsair RM1000x / Dell S2716DG

The Lady's Rig- G3258@4.4GHz(1.39v) on Hyper 212 / Gigabyte GA-B85M / gtx750 / 8gb PNY xlr8 / 500gb seagate HDD / CS 450M / Asus PB277Q

That is very disheartening lol I don't want to grab a gigabyte board that has a higher chance of having problems..

Tbh, I think it was just the model that i went for; i hadn't even heard of it until i seen it. Just because i had an issue with this one motherboard, doesn't mean you will. 

Had a number of boards by both companies, never had any major issues with either (other than a DOA Asus board about 18 months ago but that might not have been their fault).

Gigabytes UEFI is very classic inspired and looks very similar to a BIOS (on advanced mode) while Asus's UEFI (and MSIs for that matter) is very GUI based.

If I had a choice I'd go Asus but I couldn't tell you why, that said I'd never tell anybody not to get a Gigabyte board either.

Main Rig:-

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Server:-

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

Tbh, I think it was just the model that i went for; i hadn't even heard of it until i seen it. Just because i had an issue with this one motherboard, doesn't mean you will. 

Sorry! Bad choice of words :P I meant to say I should be more wary of possible issues then. Do more research to see if other people have the same problem (same goes for Asus boards). I haven't tried a Gigabyte board so I can't say negative things about it.

asus for bios settings and FAN CONTROL!!! seems like gigabyte is always lacking in fan headers or the control you have of them.

My MSI board doesn't let me use fan control but my Asus board does, that is a blessing haha.

I would go with Asus because how reliable they are.

That is what I'm seeing around various forums too

If you're planning on getting a Haswell mobo check this out

http://sinhardware.com/images/vrmlist.png

I will bookmark this, thank you!

Had a number of boards by both companies, never had any major issues with either (other than a DOA Asus board about 18 months ago but that might not have been their fault).

Gigabytes UEFI is very classic inspired and looks very similar to a BIOS (on advanced mode) while Asus's UEFI (and MSIs for that matter) is very GUI based.

If I had a choice I'd go Asus but I couldn't tell you why, that said I'd never tell anybody not to get a Gigabyte board either.

Yeah I am on that side as well, I feel like motherboard nowadays are more of aesthetics and features. I can be very wrong though, that is just how I see it from other people's responses.

MSI boards are lower quality.

Intel i7-4790K Processor, 32 GB Kingston HyperX Fury DDR3-1600 RAM, ASUS Z-87 Pro Motherboard, Corsair RM 750 PSU, 250 GB Samsung 840 EVO SSD, 2 x 1TB Seagate Barracuda HDDs, ASUS GeForce GTX 970 STRIX GPU, Corsair Carbide 500R Case, AFT Pro-77U Card Reader, Dell UltraSharp 24 Monitor – U2415, Logitech HD Pro Webcam C920, Windows 9 (Windows 10 with StartIsBack++)

What makes you think that?

Expereince my friend.

Intel i7-4790K Processor, 32 GB Kingston HyperX Fury DDR3-1600 RAM, ASUS Z-87 Pro Motherboard, Corsair RM 750 PSU, 250 GB Samsung 840 EVO SSD, 2 x 1TB Seagate Barracuda HDDs, ASUS GeForce GTX 970 STRIX GPU, Corsair Carbide 500R Case, AFT Pro-77U Card Reader, Dell UltraSharp 24 Monitor – U2415, Logitech HD Pro Webcam C920, Windows 9 (Windows 10 with StartIsBack++)