Noob in need of assistance

I would agree, check RAM clocks and voltage and reseat the GPU and RAM, also check for nvidia driver updates.

if i would tell u all my ram timings u wouldnt even know what i would be talking about, ive got my ram tweaked to absolute chipset maximum allowed range on tight cas

...reseat gpu and ram... are u kidding me... loool after u said that... just nvm... nvm really xD believe what u want

2133 @ 9-11-11-31-1t 235trfc 16650refresh 4clock on all secondary timings ( rtr ect ) wich is minimum chipset allowed , 4precharge 16tfaw+ 4clock tetriary

doubt u even know why 2nd timings are tweaked ( ppl who dont know what ram truly does talk about fps and say there is no difference, ram isnt about fps but about loadtimes/system responsive time/input delay )

(◑‿◐)

if i would tell u all my ram timings u wouldnt even know what i would be talking about, ive got my ram tweaked to absolute chipset maximum allowed range on tight cas

...reseat gpu and ram... are u kidding me... loool after u said that... just nvm... nvm really xD believe what u want

2133 @ 9-11-11-31-1t 235trfc 16650refresh 4clock on all secondary timings ( rtr ect ) wich is minimum chipset allowed , 4precharge 16tfaw+ 4clock tetriary

doubt u even know why 2nd timings are tweaked

I want the OP to check HIS OWN TIMINGS to make sure they are what the manufacturer agrees, IF he was getting microstudders that could be a cause.

Now go away and shut up

He hasnt even build the PC, end of story no ssd needed.

Laptop: Thinkpad W520 i7 2720QM 24GB RAM 1920x1080 2x SSDs Main Rig: 4790k 12GB Hyperx Beast Zotac 980ti AMP! Fractal Define S (window) RM850 Noctua NH-D15 EVGA Z97 FTW with 3 1080P 144hz monitors from Asus Secondary: i5 6600K, R9 390 STRIX, 16GB DDR4, Acer Predator 144Hz 1440P

As Centos 7 SU once said: With great power comes great responsibility.

bf series on hdd > stutter/microstutter/texture popins

bf series on ssd > buttersmooth  / never texture popins

You must not know what you are talking about, as what you've said in this thread is completely untrue in every single form. 

(probably read it from a non reputable source and  you think that you're the know it all)

Case:NZXT H440   CPU:3570k @ 4.4ghz   Cooler:Prolimatech Megahalems w/ ap121 p/p  GPU:Gigabyte Windforce GTX 770  RAM:Crucial Ballistix Tactical Tracer 16gb 1600mhz  Mobo:Sabertooth Z77     PSU:Cooler Master Silent Pro M 700w   Wheel: Logitech G27 + joystick as handbrake Asus DGX 5.1        Mouse: Corsair M65     Keyboard: CM Storm Trigger Cherry MX black  Headphones: ATH-M50s    Phone: Nexus 5 32GB  Earphones: Sennheiser CX 400ii    SSD: 120gb 840 evo  HDD: WD Enterprise 2TB    AMP&DAC: Schiit Stack. 

I want the OP to check HIS OWN TIMINGS to make sure they are what the manufacturer agrees, IF he was getting microstudders that could be a cause.

Now go away and shut up

sorry microstutters do not occur due tighter timings, instead they get caused due to a bottlenecking hdd or so

and wrong pre rendered frames

aswell as bottlenecking hdds

(◑‿◐)

sorry microstutters do not occur due tighter timings, instead they get caused due to a bottlenecking hdd or so

Im notsaying its due to tighter timings, maybe the BIOS read defaults wrong? Too much voltage? Wrong timings? Could be a number of things but its not from the lack of an SSD

Microstudders are most commenly caused by SLI with too many GPUs. 

NOT from HDDs, you do not need an SSD to game well, it does NOT effect game performance or loading times

Laptop: Thinkpad W520 i7 2720QM 24GB RAM 1920x1080 2x SSDs Main Rig: 4790k 12GB Hyperx Beast Zotac 980ti AMP! Fractal Define S (window) RM850 Noctua NH-D15 EVGA Z97 FTW with 3 1080P 144hz monitors from Asus Secondary: i5 6600K, R9 390 STRIX, 16GB DDR4, Acer Predator 144Hz 1440P

GTA V will be fine with a hard drive but get a 380 if you want the 4GB of RAM.

Any game on this planet will be fine with an HDD and good catch i didnt see the 4GB part on that 960, a 380 will be much better bank for buck then.

Im notsaying its due to tighter timings, maybe the BIOS read defaults wrong? Too much voltage? Wrong timings? Could be a number of things but its not from the lack of an SSD

Microstudders are most commenly caused by SLI with too many GPUs. 

NOT from HDDs, you do not need an SSD to game well, it does NOT effect game performance or loading times

if u get microstutters due to sli setups ur pre rendered frames are set to high,  or u are running more than 2gpus where the ram will bottleneck u

microstutters are caused from bottlenecks that can be from ram,hdd,cpu  aswell as pre rendered frames and software instability ( wich can be proven by testing it on both ssd and hdds, have tested on alot of hdds and ssds... agility 3 has some microstutter where good ssds did not... all hdds tested did have microstutter once a while, aswell as texture popins ( not extreme but it was there ) where it was not on the ssd's    the guy said he want no lag, microstutter is lag aswell and is for alot of ppl also annoying    sure having a good hdd will have it less... but it will be there

(◑‿◐)

aswell as bottlenecking hdds

Make a topic on this and see how so very wrong you are. This is going completely off topic of the ACTUAL TOPIC made by the OP.

i7-6700k  Cooling: Deepcool Captain 240EX White GPU: GTX 1080Ti EVGA FTW3 Mobo: AsRock Z170 Extreme4 Case: Phanteks P400s TG Special Black/White PSU: EVGA 850w GQ Ram: 64GB (3200Mhz 16x4 Corsair Vengeance RGB) Storage 1x 1TB Seagate Barracuda 240GBSandisk SSDPlus, 480GB OCZ Trion 150, 1TB Crucial NVMe
(Rest of Specs on Profile)

if u get microstutters due to sli setups ur pre rendered frames are set to high,  or u are running more than 2gpus where the ram will bottleneck u

microstutters are caused from bottlenecks that can be from ram,hdd,cpu  aswell as pre rendered frames and software instability

Im so confused how this thread got from check my build to microstudders. End of story his build is fine just needs an H97 mobo and an R9 380 and hes set. No SSD needed.

/thread

Make a topic on this and see how so very wrong you are. This is going completely off topic of the ACTUAL TOPIC made by the OP.

Beat me by 2 seconds....

if i would make a topic in it i would add videos of actually showing it, thought for 2 ppl i wont do it.. waste of time...if its just a few ppl they can believ what they want ^^

(◑‿◐)

Any game on this planet will be fine with an HDD and good catch i didnt see the 4GB part on that 960, a 380 will be much better bank for buck then.

Not Batman Arkham Knight but that game has other issues that are worse than that.

Yeah, even GTA V runs fine with a 5400RPM hard drive

Check out my guide on how to scan cover art here!

Local asshole and 6th generation console enthusiast.

if i would make a topic in it i would add videos of actually showing it, thought for 2 ppl i wont do it.. waste of time...if its just a few ppl they can believ what they want ^^

You won't make a topic because you know you're wrong. You know if you make a topic it'll turn into a flame war with you against the whole forums community because you sound just as stupid as the people mentioned in the non-tech forums post. YOU KNOW if you make a topic that you'll be called a fool by other people. It's only two people BECAUSE this topic wasn't about micro stutters and whether a SSD will benefit you in gaming, it was about whether this guy made some good choices in PC parts that turned into a flame war.

Go make a topic, I'll watch it and see what it turns into.

i7-6700k  Cooling: Deepcool Captain 240EX White GPU: GTX 1080Ti EVGA FTW3 Mobo: AsRock Z170 Extreme4 Case: Phanteks P400s TG Special Black/White PSU: EVGA 850w GQ Ram: 64GB (3200Mhz 16x4 Corsair Vengeance RGB) Storage 1x 1TB Seagate Barracuda 240GBSandisk SSDPlus, 480GB OCZ Trion 150, 1TB Crucial NVMe
(Rest of Specs on Profile)

Your scared of being wrong. U really should make the topic and watch the entire forum prove you wrong.

You won't make a topic because you know you're wrong. You know if you make a topic it'll turn into a flame war with you against the whole forums community because you sound just as stupid as the people mentioned in the non-tech forums post. YOU KNOW if you make a topic that you'll be called a fool by other people. It's only two people BECAUSE this topic wasn't about micro stutters and whether a SSD will benefit you in gaming, it was about whether this guy made some good choices in PC parts that turned into a flame war.

Go make a topic, I'll watch it and see what it turns into.

Your scared of being wrong. U really should make the topic and watch the entire forum prove you wrong.

deal, check upcoming days for a topic

it will be a huge topic for input delay optimization/system responsiveness improvements/general tweaking and it will include the hdd part with microstuter/popin problem

(◑‿◐)

The motherboard is not effecting his gaming performance. Its a locked CPU why the hell does he need a better motherboard? SSDs are a nice to have, he doesent need one if he cant afford it, i can tell this was a budget build.

i5 4460  << perfect for b85 chipset... coz he cant do anything with that cpu anyways

unless he goes intel K versions... he will be fine with b85/h85 chipset ect

H97 and Z97 are useful for other processors than just the overclockable ones. They come with cooled down mosfets and an 8-pin EPS, not to mention the extra phases in the power delivery. All of which can turn out to be crucial in delivering uninterrupted power to the CPU which then is one important aspect in keeping the CPU boosting instead of throttling down. A K-series unit would definitely benefit more from a better mobo but it's not useless for the others. Gotta keep in mind that, in the right circumstances, any Haswell can turbo boost.

H97 and Z97 are useful for other processors than just the overclockable ones. They come with cooled down mosfets and an 8-pin EPS, not to mention the extra phases in the power delivery. All of which can turn out to be crucial in delivering uninterrupted power to the CPU which then is one important aspect in keeping the CPU boosting instead of throttling down. A K-series unit would definitely benefit more from a better mobo but it's not useless for the others. Gotta keep in mind that, in the right circumstances, any Haswell can turbo boost.

pretty obvious...  but its also obvious hes doing a extreme budget build else he would just go with a 4690k for example, if he should go z97 .. he should just go for it all the way.. xD

the b85 should be just enough for turbo boost o_o... got a friend who got a b85 on a 4690k ( ye he running on it temporarily and im laughing at my friend coz he always does insane overclocking and he suddenly running on a b85 hahaha(no offense to b85 boards) xD ) and he actually has turboboost and all enabled

(◑‿◐)

The only reason u need fancy VRM and heat sinks are if ur overclocking which that CPU cant do. I had a i5 4670k on a H81 board for 3 months before i got my xeon in it. All parts of the board were cool to the touch.

H97 is the better option as it was designed for devils canyon like an i5 4460, but going to Z97 is just silly cause the only difference is overclocking benefits like VRMS etc