Choosing earbuds

I'm sick and tired of terrible earbuds and headphones that don't stay put and don't sound good when i'm training/working out/running/sprinting. Can someone suggest some earbuds in the price range of 100 dollars U.S. that have respectable tone response, as well as, won't fall out of my ears and be comfortable for long periods of time.

The ones i keep coming back to are the "Bose IE2s" not the sport model as those have a short cord and i use my Ipod Touch in my pocket, or in my hand.

I've seen Linus use the steel series flux in ear pros, but i've not heard anyone say or read anything about them.

I use the bose ie2's and imo they are a great earbud. 

I've always recommended the Shure SE215's or the SE315's.

The answer is 42.
Oh, wait, you mean to tell me you need to know the question now?
Well, I can't answer that.

I have shure se215's and they sound great, but after about 3 hours they get uncomfortable, but I have small ears so that probably has something do with it since they are IEMs.

shure se215- http://www.amazon.com/Shure-SE215-K-Sound-Monitor-Black/dp/B004PNZFZ8/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1375801863&sr=8-1&keywords=shure+se215

After about 3 hours they get uncomfortable

The buds or the housing?

The answer is 42.

The buds or the housing?

The housing is the uncomfortable part for me. The tip is very comfortable and also since they isolate a lot of sound it's good to take a break every hour or so if your listening to music since that is pretty much all you can hear while wearing them. I was on a plane and used these and I couldn't here the baby behind me or the plane engines.

The housing is the uncomfortable part for me. The tip is very comfortable and also since they isolate a lot of sound it's good to take a break every hour or so if your listening to music since that is pretty much all you can hear while wearing them. I was on a plane and used these and I couldn't here the baby behind me or the plane engines.

Shhhhh, you're putting him off  :P 

Yeah, I have to agree. Although I am willing to sacrifice for the good sound quality and the isolation they provide.

The answer is 42.

Shhhhh, you're putting him off  :P 

Yeah, I have to agree. Although I am willing to sacrifice for the good sound quality and the isolation they provide.

Well he should know the pros and cons. I'm okay with taking a 5 min break from music every hour  or so. the music quality sounds nice I listen to mostly folk metal and instead of say the flute, violin, and hurdy gurdy sound almost indistinguishable from each other with the shure you can tell them apart. You can also hear the mandola better from the guitars. Instead of the drummer just play the drums each drum has a audible difference which cheaper audio devices can't do. 

I love my Klipsch S4's. Great sound quality and they are only $50 USD.

Spoiler

CPU: Intel Core i7 3770K  CPU Cooler: Corsair H100 (2x SP120 Quiet Edition)  Motherboard: ASUS Sabertooth Z77  RAM: Corsair Vengeance 8GB 1866MHz  PSU: Corsair AX850  GPU: EVGA GTX 670 FTW 2GB  SSD: Samsung 850 Evo 500GB

I should make a note of the music that i like to listen to bands like Avenged Sevenfold, Monstercat media artists, DnB, not a whole lot of dubstep but some, Basically Metal bands and some EDM.

I don't mind taking the earbuds out every once in a while I probably would do that anyways for just talking to someone who is trying to get my attention.

The only thing that's putting me off is probably will the Se215/315 fall out when i'm running or sweating alot? The thing i do like about them over the similarly price bose model is the cord length since alot of the time i'm sitting 3ft off from the audio source.

iBeats were perfect, the normal buds fell out my ear every few steps but the cone shaped ones were perfect. They would never fall out, but I don't think they are sold anymore.

#LESBOBRICKS

The only thing that's putting me off is probably will the Se215/315 fall out when i'm running or sweating alot?

Never fallen out of my ears, the fact that they cable loops around the top of year helps this. Although, part of the pain that Emperor_Piehead and I suffer is simply because they do sit quite snugly in your ear. Or at least that's why I think the cause is..

As for sweat, I've read reviews that say that when people sweat it shorts out on the detachable cable and prevents the bud from working until cleaned and dried however I haven't run into this problem whenever I jog. The supplied cable clip is also helpful for pinning the cable to your top so you don't have it flopping about when you run.

The answer is 42.

Good to know Tomtom and Emperor_Piehead, thanks for all the input on the earbuds. Just bought all my college texts off ebay and amazon I'll do some more reading on the earbuds, but for now i've spent enough hard earned summer job money lol. Gotta let it sink in before I decide.

Any other earbuds that come to mind? maybe some store near me will have a demo that i can try some of these things out at

Perhaps you could look at the Beyerdynamic MMX101iE's or the Etymotic HF5's. At least those were the IEM's that I was looking at while looking at the Shures. All solid performers. 

Personally I doubt that you'll be able to find a store that allows you to demo, down to the nature of IEM's normally entering the ear canal which is why you always see On Ear and Over Ear styles out on the floor for demo but rarely IEM's. Might get lucky though...

The answer is 42.

I use Apple earpods I got for nothing from a friend...

"Everybody wants a happy ending, right? But it doesn’t always roll that way." - TS

Buy some memory foam eartips for whatever you get, but wouldn't recommend the SteelSeries out of personal experience.

I use Apple earpods I got for nothing from a friend...

Once you get a nicer pair of earbuds/headphones you realize what you've been missing out on. It's a disease

Once you get a nicer pair of earbuds/headphones you realize what you've been missing out on. It's a disease

Yeah, I only use them when I'm out and about. I have a pair of 1300's that I use whenever I'm at the computer.

"Everybody wants a happy ending, right? But it doesn’t always roll that way." - TS