Which channel do you like better?

Hey guys,

Many of you know I make the rounds here and try help out people as best I can from time to time and also to talk to fans, now I would like to ask for your help.

I have one thing that I am most curious about, and it is the fact that I host two youtube channels, yet one is much more popular than the other.

As you may be aware, Tech Showdown is my own channel, but I am also the host of PlaytechTV yet my own channel is much more popular.

I would love to have your honest input as to which channel you like more and as to why, a bonus would be constructive criticism in order to make improvements.

Thank you in advance for any input!

I like...the Linus Tech Tips channel more.

System Specs

CPU: Ryzen 5 5600x | Mobo: Gigabyte B550i Aorus Pro AX | RAM: Hyper X Fury 3600 64gb | GPU: Nvidia FE 4090 | Storage: WD Blk SN750 NVMe - 1tb, Samsung 860 Evo - 1tb, WD Blk - 6tb/5tb, WD Red - 10tb | PSU:Corsair ax860 | Cooling: AMD Wraith Stealth  Displays: 55" Samsung 4k Q80R, 24" BenQ XL2420TE/XL2411Z & Asus VG248QE | Kb: K70 RGB Blue | Mouse: Logitech G903 | Case: Fractal Torrent RGB | Extra: HTC Vive, Fanatec CSR/Shifters/CSR Elite Pedals w/ Rennsport stand, Thustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Track IR5,, ARCTIC Z3 Pro Triple Monitor Arm | OS: Win 10 Pro 64 bit

PlaytechNZ doesn't sound like a pc parts channel, sounds like a toy channel

The logo is just a basic play button, so not very attractive ( -opinion- )

( I didn't even know about the second channel )

When I clicked your videos, I clicked because you had a thumbnail with the components I wanted, a name that sounded like a tech channel,

playtechNZ has few novel / interesting videos, a titan X review / 390 review have all been done, and that is seen by the fact that different unusual products get a lot more views ( take the BenQ XL2730Z at 9200 views vs the plantronics headset or logitech mouse at ~200 )

I'l word this better later

Recommend what is best, not what you preffer.

"Like" comments to show your support of them or the idea they express.

I'm not really sure why your personal one would be more popular. I've not watched either extensively, but first impressions suggest they are extremely similar (most likely down to you being the host). Yet the Playtech channel has been around longer.

Maybe people prefer the less formal setting of you in a chair by what I assume is your computer in your room as opposed to being at a table. (I mean, a kitchen worked for Linus)

As to criticisms, nothing major. Maybe graphs as opposed to, or in combination with, numbers. and possibly working towards better audio quality on your personal channel.

Aftermarket 980Ti >= Fury X >= Reference 980Ti > Fury > 980 > 390X > 390 >= 970 380X > 380 >= 960 > 950 >= 370 > 750Ti = 360

"The Orange Box" || CPU: i5 4690k || RAM: Kingston Hyper X Fury 16GB || Case: Aerocool DS200 (Orange) || Cooler: Cryorig R1 Ultimate || Storage: Kingston SSDNow V300 240GB + WD Black 1TB || PSU: Corsair RM750 || Mobo: ASUS Z97-A || GPU: EVGA GTX 970 FTW+

"Unnamed Form Factor Switch" || CPU: i7 6700K || RAM: Kingston HyperX Fury 16GB || Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv Mini ITX (White) || Cooler: Cryorig R1 Ultimate (Green Cover) || Storage: Samsung 850 Evo 1TB || PSU: XFX XTR 550W || Mobo: ASUS Z170I Pro Gaming || GPU: EVGA GTX 970 FTW+

Kev I'll be honest I watch Tech Showdown more than playtechnz. why? BECAUSE TEDDY IS IN TECH SHOWDOWN. 

CPU: I5 7400 | Motherboard: MSI H110M  | RAM: 16GB G-Skill 2400mhz  | GPU:  NVIDIA  MSI Gaming 4G GTX 970 | Case: Tecware Quad | Cooling: Stock| Storage: Kingston 120gb SSD, 1TB Drive ,  | PSU: Seasonic 620 Watt 80+ Bronze Full Modular | Display: Devant 50 Inch Smart TV   | 

I'm not really sure why your personal one would be more popular. I've not watched either extensively, but first impressions suggest they are extremely similar (most likely down to you being the host). Yet the Playtech channel has been around longer.

Maybe people prefer the less formal setting of you in a chair by what I assume is your computer in your room as opposed to being at a table. (I mean, a kitchen worked for Linus)

As to criticisms, nothing major. Maybe graphs as opposed to, or in combination with, numbers. and possibly working towards better audio quality on your personal channel.

When I took over as host of PlaytechTV, the channel already had about 1,000 subs, so it has grown by 3,100 since I took over, which isnt much considering how long I have been host of it now, compared to Tech Showdown which was at 300 subs at that same point in time and is now at 6,600, so a 6,300 sub increase over the same amount of time.

The channels are similar because of me, although I have aimed to make PlaytechTV more 'professional' than Tech Showdown, in terms of how I script/present/shoot/B-roll the videos.

I have always thought it was because it was a 'company' youtube channel, kinda like NCIX vs LTT, but even so I would expect them to be a bit closer together, hence why I am asking.