CPU Swap

kyton

Yoh, a lot of fighting going on over a simple thread. :lol:

Anyway to be clear.  

I do not OC.

Bios is on Auto, so if it boosts all 4 cores then bonus. not my doing by tweaking.

Swap is swap.  Friend gives me i7, I give him i5 as he likes to OC.

All I wanted to know if it is worth doing and benefits.  Everyone has different opinions on the matter i5 /i7.  Was not supposed to be a thread to get everyone's knickers in a not.  :lol:

Anyway, thanks for the responses.

Anyway to be clear.  

I do not OC.

Bios is on Auto, so if it boosts all 4 cores then bonus. not my doing by tweaking.

All I wanted to know if it is worth doing and benefits.  Everyone has different opinions on the matter i5 /i7.  Was not supposed to be a thread to get everyone's knickers in a not.  :lol:

I'd do the Swap. Considering the conditions (free swap)

Everyone but OP - Keep the i5-K... why??? >>>>> (Considering the existing Mobo won't allow OC'ing) (regardless of not being into it, even if you were, you couldn't OC anyway)

Get the i7, be super happy with it.

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz

Anyway to be clear.  

I do not OC.

You didn't state that clear enoug before.

Under these conditions I'd suggest doing it.

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/334934-unofficial-ltt-beginners-guide/ (by Minibois) and a few things that will make our community interaction more pleasent:
1. FOLLOW your own topics                                                                                2.Try to QUOTE people so we can read through things easier
3.Use
PCPARTPICKER.COM - easy and most importantly approved here        4.Mark your topics SOLVED if they are                                
Don't change a running system

Sorry. I will make my self clearer when posting a thread next time.