Monitor upgrade.

AbyssalRadon

I have been using a Samsung SyncMaster PX2370. It's a 1080p, LED, 2ms, TN, and high contrast ratio monitor. I want to upgrade my monitor soon, cause having dual 7970's for a 1080p screen is well silly of me. What monitor upgrade would you guys recommend? My needs are LED back light and has to be mat screen, also I game on my computer. I've had this monitor since the Samsung SyncMaster PX2370 came out so it's kinda old. Thanks! :)

Why LED back light may I ask?

What are you looking for on your new display? Higher resolution? Better colors? Faster response time? Are you a hard core FPS player?

Why LED back light may I ask? What are you looking for on your new display? Higher resolution? Better colors? Faster response time? Are you a hard core FPS player?

​LED because I prefer it. I want a higher resolution and better colors. I play lot's of CoD, CSS, BF 3, and GTA IV. XD So mainly fps.

I am sorry but there is no options for your needs, currently.

All higher resolution monitor, are IPS panels, and as you seam to be a hardcore FPS player, the monitor input lag might be problem.

This is the closest monitor that I could find: The Dell U2713HM.

http://accessories.dell.com/sna/prod...=baynoteSearch

A really nice monitor, and comes with a factory pre-calibrated, with report, sRGB color profile for really nice color out of the box (well out of the box, and you go on the monitor menu and you select "sRGB" color profile). It has excellent review. It uses an LG AH-IPS panel, and Dell, one thing it does right, are monitors (why can't the entire company asks the monitor engineers what's their secret, is beyond me, but you can see Dell monitor used in about every businesses.. they don't break. Hence, why they have a 3 warranty, and Dell pay shipping BOTH direction when you do an RMA, and you get to keep the monitor while you receive your replacement one, so basically all you do is swamp them, and stick the pre-paid shipping label that comes with the monitor replacement, over the old one, and call the mail carrier to come and pick it up.)

I am sorry but there is no options for your needs' date=' currently. All higher resolution monitor, are IPS panels, and as you seam to be a hardcore FPS player, the monitor input lag might be problem. This is the closest monitor that I could find: The Dell U2713HM. http://accessories.dell.com/sna/prod...=baynoteSearch A really nice monitor, and comes with a factory pre-calibrated, with report, sRGB color profile for really nice color out of the box (well out of the box, and you go on the monitor menu and you select "sRGB" color profile). It has excellent review. It uses an LG AH-IPS panel, and Dell, one thing it does right, are monitors (why can't the entire company asks the monitor engineers what's their secret, is beyond me, but you can see Dell monitor used in about every businesses.. they don't break. Hence, why they have a 3 warranty, and Dell pay shipping BOTH direction when you do an RMA, and you get to keep the monitor while you receive your replacement one, so basically all you do is swamp them, and stick the pre-paid shipping label that comes with the monitor replacement, over the old one, and call the mail carrier to come and pick it up.)

Cool thanks I'll consider it. I'm waiting for a monitor with good colors and a fast response time with a high resolution. THANKS! :D

I am sorry but there is no options for your needs' date=' currently. All higher resolution monitor, are IPS panels, and as you seam to be a hardcore FPS player, the monitor input lag might be problem. This is the closest monitor that I could find: The Dell U2713HM. http://accessories.dell.com/sna/prod...=baynoteSearch A really nice monitor, and comes with a factory pre-calibrated, with report, sRGB color profile for really nice color out of the box (well out of the box, and you go on the monitor menu and you select "sRGB" color profile). It has excellent review. It uses an LG AH-IPS panel, and Dell, one thing it does right, are monitors (why can't the entire company asks the monitor engineers what's their secret, is beyond me, but you can see Dell monitor used in about every businesses.. they don't break. Hence, why they have a 3 warranty, and Dell pay shipping BOTH direction when you do an RMA, and you get to keep the monitor while you receive your replacement one, so basically all you do is swamp them, and stick the pre-paid shipping label that comes with the monitor replacement, over the old one, and call the mail carrier to come and pick it up.)

Cool thanks I'll consider it. I'm waiting for a monitor with good colors and a fast response time with a high resolution. THANKS! :D

We are all waiting for such monitor. Currently if you are a casual FPS player, and play other genres as well. Then IPS panel are perfectly fast enough for this task. They came a long way since it's early days, but so far, what's exiting is that IPS panel gets faster, but keeps it's great colors. So who knows... maybe in the next 5-7 years we might see 120Hz IPS panels.

I have an IPS panel on my desk, and anything I through at it, including FPS, I see on issues, even if I try. But, hardcore FPS players says they do, and it is bothersome, also they tend to not care about visuals, as playing games at a speedy 120fps is more important... so they play their games at low-med settings.

We are all waiting for such monitor. Currently if you are a casual FPS player' date=' and play other genres as well. Then IPS panel are perfectly fast enough for this task. They came a long way since it's early days, but so far, what's exiting is that IPS panel gets faster, but keeps it's great colors. So who knows... maybe in the next 5-7 years we might see 120Hz IPS panels. I have an IPS panel on my desk, and anything I through at it, including FPS, I see on issues, even if I try. But, hardcore FPS players says they do, and it is bothersome, also they tend to not care about visuals, as playing games at a speedy 120fps is more important... so they play their games at low-med settings.[/quote']

Yeah, thankfully my machine can push every game above 120fps at 1080p fully maxed out. I just want the technology to evolve. Common engineers get to work. :D

my personal preference if it is TN only if it is 120HZ or above otherwise IPS display.

my personal preference if it is TN only if it is 120HZ or above otherwise IPS display.

My TN that I have the Samsung SyncMaster PX2370 is really darn good looking. It has a few dead/stuck pixels that are bothering me when I'm gaming. Since I primarily play fast paced shooters, I don't want a few bright pixels appearing in my games. I'm really stuck though, I've tried the Dell U2711 and it was OK, there was some ghosting that bothered me just a tiny bit. With that being said I was able to get used to it, the Dell U2713H looks awesome though and is probably the one I'm going to want.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824260129