Why do cars never have powerclutches?

linuxfan66

Why do manual cars never have power clutches when trucks and buses have had them for years?

personally the wretched clutch is one the reason i never learned manual as i found putting the necessary force in while maintaining concentration on everything else problematic(have aspergers didnt help). why wasnt an obvious feature like this installed by standard now...

Everything you need to know about AMD cpus in one simple post.  Christian Member 

Wii u, ps3(2 usb fat),ps4

Iphone 6 64gb and surface RT

Hp DL380 G5 with one E5345 and bunch of hot swappable hdds in raid 5 from when i got it. intend to run xen server on it

Apple Power Macintosh G5 2.0 DP (PCI-X) with notebook hdd i had lying around 4GB of ram

TOSHIBA Satellite P850 with Core i7-3610QM,8gb of ram,default 750hdd has dual screens via a external display as main and laptop display as second running windows 10

MacBookPro11,3:I7-4870HQ, 512gb ssd,16gb of memory

A lot of people put in new clutches, which change the feel of the clutch quite a bit. In a great way

CPU: R5 5800X3D Motherboard - MSI X570 Gaming Plus RAM - 32GB Corsair DDR4 GPU - XFX 7900 XTX 4GB Case - NZXT H5 Flow (White) Storage - 2X 4TB Samsung 990 Pro PSU - Corsair RM100E Cooling - Corsair H100i Elite Capellix Keyboard Corsair K70 (Brown Switches)  Mouse - Corsair Nightsword RGB

I prefered wired clutches to hydraulic clutches, because I find hydraulic to be too soft ...

Why do manual cars never have power clutches when trucks and buses have had them for years?

personally the wretched clutch is one the reason i never learned manual as i found putting the necessary force in while maintaining concentration on everything else problematic(have aspergers didnt help). why wasnt an obvious feature like this installed by standard now...

because get a automatic? if I want a manual im going to get one with a clutch I operate myself. many autos let you also pick the gear if need be. so zero market?

because get a automatic? if I want a manual im going to get one with a clutch I operate myself. many autos let you also pick the gear if need be. so zero market?

which is what i did...it limits your vehicle options for offroad due to price premium...i still think it shouldnt have been necessary if the clutch is simply too hard as standard.

Everything you need to know about AMD cpus in one simple post.  Christian Member 

Hp DL380 G5 with one E5345 and bunch of hot swappable hdds in raid 5 from when i got it. intend to run xen server on it

Apple Power Macintosh G5 2.0 DP (PCI-X) with notebook hdd i had lying around 4GB of ram

TOSHIBA Satellite P850 with Core i7-3610QM,8gb of ram,default 750hdd has dual screens via a external display as main and laptop display as second running windows 10

semi truck retail price new 150,000

price of a new bus 250,000

honda civic $20,000

times you have to shift a bus of semi 10-30 times

honda maybe 5

And there is cars with power clutches they call them paddle shifters

Wonder what sort of cars you've been driving, that makes you think clutches are heavy... The reason buses and trucks have powerclutches is because their clutches are a lot more heavy duty, and they need it, I assume. I've driven a couple tractors, both new and old, and their clutches haven't really been that different from most cars I've driven. Only car I can really complain about is my moms Suzuki Baleno (aka Suzuki Esteem or Suzuki Cultus Crescent) which grips right in the middle but has a lot of play before and after the grippy bit.

I've never driven a car that has a heavy enough clutch for me to actually be bothered by it. Sure I haven't exactly driven big cars, but I've tried my fair share of different cars.

Reviews: JBL J33i   M50s   SRH440   Soundmagic PL50           

which is what i did...it limits your vehicle options for offroad due to price premium...i still think it shouldnt have been necessary if the clutch is simply too hard as standard.

what clutch is to hard? my car I Could press it ALL DAY long. newer cars are even easier. for off road don't you want an auto anyway? 

semi truck retail price new 150,000

price of a new bus 250,000

honda civic $20,000

times you have to shift a bus of semi 10-30 times

honda maybe 5

And there is cars with power clutches they call them paddle shifters

im in the au$6000 and less in which its good luck in what you get...

what clutch is to hard? my car I Could press it ALL DAY long. newer cars are even easier. for off road don't you want an auto anyway? 

as in the driving instructor wouldnt let me continue learning in a manual to due to grinding the gears. i couldnt activate the clutch fully with a casual tap/same force as accelorator/brake.

it was a mazda 3 i believe.

as in the driving instructor wouldnt let me continue learning in a manual to due to grinding the gears. i couldnt activate the clutch fully with a casual tap/same force as accelorator/brake.

it was a mazda 3 i believe.

yeah, clutches don't work simply by tapping them. mine you need to hold to the floor. and it takes less force then my brake if I want to stop in any amount of space

yeah, clutches don't work simply by tapping them. mine you need to hold to the floor. and it takes less force then my brake if I want to stop in any amount of space

i find the concept of pedal like that wholy unreasonable in necessary in modern car design was my point when we have a reliable alternative to it.

i find the concept of pedal like that wholy unreasonable in necessary in modern car design was my point when we have a reliable alternative to it.

well, first off the car is from 98. and I find it personally reasonable. I mean I can walk and carry my 200lb around all day. theres no reason I cant apply 20lb or whatever of force with those same things I use for walking. 

if clutches are too difficult to press, then get a auto with a gear selector. and honestly having a power clutch seems ridiculous to me. you're taking away from the whole point of a manual, the control the clutch gives you, it doesn't take that much force(any stock clutch anyway) and the only reason semi trucks and the such have them is the incredible size difference between any truck and a semi truck. the forces for semi trucks are way more, and have MANY more gears. why add cost to a clutch that works just fine?

that would be like having manual crank windows that had a electric motor assist. so you still get the feel of rolling the windows up and down, but its easier. like what. 

that would be like having manual crank windows that had a electric motor assist. so you still get the feel of rolling the windows up and down, but its easier. like what. 

"keyless" cars do that. and that would help when power windows get wonky like they do as cars age....

.......what

the appear to have no keys, but the keyholes are hidden and the key is hidden in the smart key.

the appear to have no keys, but the keyholes are hidden and the key is hidden in the smart key.

what does that have to do with anything? thats like saying hoods of cars open just in case anything needs to be changed/fixed. 

edit: in other words, I'm completely lost with what you're saying/trying to convey. maybe i misunderstood or something but im lost. 

what does that have to do with anything? thats like saying hoods of cars open just in case anything needs to be changed/fixed. 

you were saying...redundant features can are allowed.

I'm also getting my drivers license now and the manual shifiting cars haven't been a problem for me, when you shift you give no fucks and floor the clutch, put in the next gear and gently release...the driving school car is really messed up and was more difficult to drive than my moms 10 year old nissan micra

Once you learn manual its hard to go back

accidental left foot braking. taking the car out of drive at speed. 

you were saying...redundant features can are allowed.

no, "features" that add cost and weight and complexity to old "features" when they can be completely replaced, or not modified at all. there is zero reason a crank window should have a electric assist, it should just be crank or electric. id be annoyed as hell if they put a motor in there and it couldnt lift the window itself. 

I'm also getting my drivers license now and the manual shifiting cars haven't been a problem for me, when you shift you give no fucks and floor the clutch, put in the next gear and gently release...the driving school car is really messed up and was more difficult to drive than my moms 10 year old nissan micra

my car the clutch activates a inch off the floor. whenever i let someone burrow my car they always grind it because they don't go to the floor. 

accidental left foot braking. taking the car out of drive at speed. 

who the fuck use left foot for breaking!? even for auto cars you DON'T use left foot for breaking

ok maybe some pro but to average person, why would you do that?

wtf? clutch is too tough to use? Bro you need to stop skipping leg day at the gym

I kind of prefer the heavy feel I get from my stage 3 clutch I put into my car compared to the mushy feel I get from stock clutches in other cars.

But have you actually pressed it all day long? One of the quickest ways to completely fuck up your left knee is to be stucked in traffic for a few hours driving a standard. It doesn't seems like there's any force involved at all, until you do it constantly without stop for hours, then you fucking feel that.

Also if you ever had to drive on a bad ankle like I had one time I had a bad sprain on mine, you definitively feel just how much force it's actually needed because of how much fucking agony you have to go through at that point, after a block I ended up driving on 1st gear all the way home.

-------

Current Rig

-------