Need help with speedfan

GER_T4IGA
Go to solution Solved by 0ld_Chicken,

Yes I did but when I set it manually that is ignored. There mutiple places where imo the settings interfere with each other and I don't get the way anything works anymore becasue of that.

EDIT: I have to uncheck automatic fanspeed when I am settingh it manually (pretty logical right)

yea it is because there are a few ways to control the speeds with speedfan (manual, auto, and advanced fan curves).  

-manual-as you know, uncheck automatic fanspeed and this should ignore any minimum fan speeds set (ive noticed sometimes cpu fan wont stop completely but go very slow even at 0% manual)

-auto- this changes depending on mobo but this is where selecting fans under temperatures in the temperatures tab makes a difference, as well as minimum and max fan speeds. in the advanced tab you would select one of the control methods other than manual under your motherboard chip.  I dont really like this control method and have not played with it too much

-advanced fan curves- gives you the best control and will follow the minimum and max fan speeds set as well as the fan curves. 

got the manual right here. Any suggestions what to search for?

I would search for an area that tells you which fan headers are controlled which way.  some (probably CPU, maybe one other) will be pwm controlled and I would guess 2 others will be "4 pin" but will be controlled via DC making the 4th pin a dummy.  Then I think you'll have 2-3 others that will provide a steady 12v DC.  

any other information in there about how the fans are controlled would be helpful

attachicon.gifspeedfansetup6.png

did you set a minimum fan speed?

attachicon.gifspeedfansetup1.png

and I assume you have "automatic fan speed" checked on the front main screen of speedfan (edit: ignore the red boxes)

Yes I did but when I set it manually that is ignored. There mutiple places where imo the settings interfere with each other and I don't get the way anything works anymore becasue of that.

EDIT: I have to uncheck automatic fanspeed when I am settingh it manually (pretty logical right)

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/334934-unofficial-ltt-beginners-guide/ (by Minibois) and a few things that will make our community interaction more pleasent:
1. FOLLOW your own topics                                                                                2.Try to QUOTE people so we can read through things easier
3.Use
PCPARTPICKER.COM - easy and most importantly approved here        4.Mark your topics SOLVED if they are                                
Don't change a running system

Yeah i'd have to look at the exact mobo manual too see which headers are controllable and which arent

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/334934-unofficial-ltt-beginners-guide/ (by Minibois) and a few things that will make our community interaction more pleasent:
1. FOLLOW your own topics                                                                                2.Try to QUOTE people so we can read through things easier
3.Use
PCPARTPICKER.COM - easy and most importantly approved here        4.Mark your topics SOLVED if they are                                

-snip-

Since I don'T knwo where we are anymore he is my status.

I can now control my two front intake fans(manually as of now - you ahve to help me to get this working automatically). Speedfan displays them as Fan2 and Fan3 directly below my CPU fan. They are both plugged into 4-pin headers rigth now despite being 3-pin fans.

EDIT: If I get these to work automatically I might be fine since I ahve low nois adpaters for the noctua one.

3.Use

yea it is because there are a few ways to control the speeds with speedfan (manual, auto, and advanced fan curves).  

-manual-as you know, uncheck automatic fanspeed and this should ignore any minimum fan speeds set (ive noticed sometimes cpu fan wont stop completely but go very slow even at 0% manual)

-auto- this changes depending on mobo but this is where selecting fans under temperatures in the temperatures tab makes a difference, as well as minimum and max fan speeds. in the advanced tab you would select one of the control methods other than manual under your motherboard chip.  I dont really like this control method and have not played with it too much

-advanced fan curves- gives you the best control and will follow the minimum and max fan speeds set as well as the fan curves. 

I would search for an area that tells you which fan headers are controlled which way.  some (probably CPU, maybe one other) will be pwm controlled and I would guess 2 others will be "4 pin" but will be controlled via DC making the 4th pin a dummy.  Then I think you'll have 2-3 others that will provide a steady 12v DC.  

any other information in there about how the fans are controlled would be helpful

LTT Community Standards                                               Welcome!-A quick guide for new members to LTT

Man's Machine- i7-7700k@5.0GHz / Asus M8H / GTX 1080Ti / 4x4gb Gskill 3000 CL15  / Custom loop / 240gb Intel SSD / 3tb HDD / Corsair RM1000x / Dell S2716DG

The Lady's Rig- G3258@4.4GHz(1.39v) on Hyper 212 / Gigabyte GA-B85M / gtx750 / 8gb PNY xlr8 / 500gb seagate HDD / CS 450M / Asus PB277Q

Since I don'T knwo where we are anymore he is my status.

I can now control my two front intake fans(manually as of now - you ahve to help me to get this working automatically). Speedfan displays them as Fan2 and Fan3 directly below my CPU fan. They are both plugged into 4-pin headers rigth now despite being 3-pin fans.

EDIT: If I get these to work automatically I might be fine since I ahve low nois adpaters for the noctua one.

awesome.  I would rename the fans in the fan tab and speed tab of configure since it makes it easier to set up custom curves

LTT Community Standards                                               Welcome!-A quick guide for new members to LTT

Man's Machine- i7-7700k@5.0GHz / Asus M8H / GTX 1080Ti / 4x4gb Gskill 3000 CL15  / Custom loop / 240gb Intel SSD / 3tb HDD / Corsair RM1000x / Dell S2716DG

The Lady's Rig- G3258@4.4GHz(1.39v) on Hyper 212 / Gigabyte GA-B85M / gtx750 / 8gb PNY xlr8 / 500gb seagate HDD / CS 450M / Asus PB277Q

try changing the controlled fan to the fan 2 and fan 3 on F71889A instead of the other one on your fan curves and then see what it does when the "automatic fan speed" is checked on main front screen

So do you have to select the andvanced method somehow or does he just apply curves if you have them set up and "tell yout speedfan to auto control"?

3.Use

So do you have to select the andvanced method somehow or does he just apply curves if you have them set up and "tell yout speedfan to auto control"?

as long as you have "controlled speed" checked next to the profile in advanced fan curves and have "automatic fan speed" checked on the front it should work.

I'd make sure to set a minimum speed that the fans will start at without ever stalling.  usually around 35 or 40% (set this in the "speed" tab)

still searching. As of yet I only found out I have 3x4-pin and where as well as 2x3-pin and where. Stand by for more.

3.Use

as long as you have "controlled speed" checked next to the profile in advanced fan curves and have "automatic fan speed" checked on the front it should work.

I'd make sure to set a minimum speed that the fans will start at without ever stalling.  usually around 35 or 40% (set this in the "speed" tab)

nothing in the manual. Fans stall at 30% --> have set minimumg to 32% (~400RPM)

Thx so much for everything. it think I finaly got it to the sate I wanted and I could have never done that without you. I am very thankful that you took your precious time to help some stupid kido like me with speedfan :D THX  A LOT.

3.Use

nothing in the manual. Fans stall at 30% --> have set minimumg to 32% (~400RPM)

Thx so much for everything. it think I finaly got it to the sate I wanted and I could have never done that without you. I am very thankful that you took your precious time to help some stupid kido like me with speedfan :D THX  A LOT.

nice!  glad I could help.  sorry I was a bit scattered, trying to do too much at once, as always

nice!  glad I could help.  sorry I was a bit scattered, trying to do too much at once, as always

Thx so much for everything. One last question:

What is DAC on the front of Speedfan?

3.Use

Thx so much for everything. One last question:

What is DAC on the front of Speedfan?

I dont see DAC on mine. could you make a screenshot of it?  

also if there was one post (of the thousand lol) that really helped could you hit the "mark solved" down by quote and report by the bottom of the post?  sends it to the top if others have the same issue

I dont see DAC on mine. could you make a screenshot of it?  

also if there was one post (of the thousand lol) that really helped could you hit the "mark solved" down by quote and report by the bottom of the post?  sends it to the top if others have the same issue

Not of importance but I need help one more time. I have a working minimum set for my casefans(35%) which is applied correctly but the max is not applied correctly but set correctly in the speeds tab for the correct fans

3.Use