H100i cooling problem

I am using an H100i to cool my 3770K. Problem is that when I use the cooler with the MX4 paste. It still goes to almost 100 degrees F. IDK what im doing wrong, or if its a defective unit. Someone help?

I7-6700k, Asus Maximus VIII Formula, 2 x 8GB Corsair Dominator Plantinum ram, ASUS GTX 960 STRIX, sound blaster zx, 1TB boot drive ssd, 128GB/256GB storage ssd, 1TB storage HDD, 4TB of storage (backup),Windows 10 Pro,1000w psu

Stock or overclocked?

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

Thats 38 degrees celcius, thats not a bad temp if you are overclocked. My h80 keeps my 2500K @ 4.5GHz at 30 idle and 50 under gaming load and 60 under prime 95, all in celcius

There are 10 types of people in this world, those who can read binary and those who can't.

There are 10 types of people in this world, those who can read hexadecimal and F the rest.

~Fletch

Stock or overclocked?

atm stock. But I really wanna oc to highest available on ET6. So I dont let the "K" go to waste...

I7-6700k, Asus Maximus VIII Formula, 2 x 8GB Corsair Dominator Plantinum ram, ASUS GTX 960 STRIX, sound blaster zx, 1TB boot drive ssd, 128GB/256GB storage ssd, 1TB storage HDD, 4TB of storage (backup),Windows 10 Pro,1000w psu

Thats 38 degrees celcius, thats not a bad temp if you are overclocked.

I go by fahrenheit. idk if i even said the name right...

I go by fahrenheit. idk if i even said the name right...

38 C isnt awful depending on your ambients/fan setup. My h100i at stock was idle at about 25, but I'm in a very cold place.

Case: NZXT H440 | CPU: i5 4670K @ 4.5 GHz | GPU: MSI 970, Kraken G10 | Mobo: ASRock Z97 Extreme3 | Cooler: H100i | PSU: Corsair AX750 w/ Sleeved Cables | Display: 3xBenQ RL2455M | Fans: 5xNoctua NF-F12, 1xBitFenix Spectre |

Your temps aren't bad.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

The cpu can handle up to 105 C, that means 221F. Most people don't want go higher then 80 C or 176F.

If you get 38c or 100F at idle, that's to high. But if you get it at full load that is really good.

Also make sure that you are reading the core temp as it is not the same as CPU temp.

Make sure that your temp in the case is not to high. (not good trying to cool the cpu with already hot air)

Also are the fans funning at full speed

A computer once beat me at chess, but it was no match for me at kick boxing

The cpu can handle up to 105 C, that means 221F. Most people don't want go higher then 80 C or 176F.

If you get 38c or 100F at idle, that's to high. But if you get it at full load that is really good.

Also make sure that you are reading the core temp as it is not the same as CPU temp.

Make sure that your temp in the case is not to high. (not good trying to cool the cpu with already hot air)

Also are the fans funning at full speed

If I do get 100F at idle. Then how would I cool it down better?

If I do get 100F at idle. Then how would I cool it down better?

depending on a couple of variables some thing can be re-configured.

fan speeds, ambient temperature and voltages.

you could do what is called under-volt stock multiplier, which is really saying get

the CPU voltage from the "AUTO" setting in the UEFI (which from what you are

seeing is 1.25-1.325v) and using a better lower voltage (1.05-1.1v) to lower

temperatures. the higher the voltage, the higher the temperatures loaded and

idle.

review this

and it should make a lil more sense on what you are experiencing

(which is normal).