Case Dilemma

ShadowRaven

I am in a dilemma here  I have come down to three cases from the many choices, also my theme is ninja based.  so the choices are 

1)  Corsair vengeance C70 

2)  Bitfenix  Ronin 

3)  Fractal design artic midi R2

Any comment or suggestion welcomed

I am in a dilemma here  I have come down to three cases from the many choices, also my theme is ninja based.  so the choices are 

1)  Corsair vengeance C70 

2)  Bitfenix  Ronin 

3)  Fractal design artic midi R2

Any comment or suggestion welcomed

What kind of theme are you going for and what about the Fractal Design Define R4.

XYPHER AMD FX8350 @ 4.6Ghz ASUS SABERTOOTH 990FX R2.0 AMD RADEON HD 7970 @ 1140Mhz 16GB Corsair VENGEANCE 1600Mhz OCZ VERTEX 3 240GB SSD Corsair H100i 1TB SEAGATE BARRACUDA FRACTAL DESIGN DEFINE R4 CORSAIR K90 MADCATZ RAT 3 iiyama ProLite B2480HS 24"

Considering those cases have just about similar qualities, it all comes down to personal preference; which one you think looks best, and goes best aesthetically with your build.

What kind of theme are you going for and what about the Fractal Design Define R4.

A  feudal Japanese based Ninja clan theme, the r4i is an excellent case and a good choice but at this moment I ca buy theatric r2 after rebates for $ 44.00

It depends, all are good cases, it just comes down  to personal preference i.e the one that looks the best in your opinion. 

CPU: i5 4670K, Mobo: Gigabyte Z87X-UD3H, RAM: Corsair Vengeance Pro 8GB, GPU: Asus 280X, Case: Fractal Design XLR2, SSD: 840 evo 120GB, HDD: 2x 1TB Seagate, PSU: Corsair RM750, Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 evo

Fractal would go best with the theme i think 

i5 4670k| Asrock H81M-ITX| EVGA Nex 650g| WD Black 500Gb| H100 with SP120s| ASUS Matrix 7970 Platinum (just sold)| Patriot Venom 1600Mhz 8Gb| Bitfenix Prodigy. Build log in progress 

Build Log here: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/119926-yin-yang-prodigy-update-2-26-14/

i'm biased, but for air-flow performance the Arc Midi would be the better bet.

and if water-cooling is in the future, it is really the best bet for 2x 240 or even

360 (thick) in the roof over the other cases (skinny). but it will take some cutting

and ODD cage removal for best results. price wise they are all pretty much distro

sales sheets weekly. Ronin is a relatively new market appearance and will prolly

be on some quick sale flyers.

airdeano

midi r2 , best it terms of capability ^_^

Console optimisations and how they will effect you | The difference between AMD cores and Intel cores | Memory Bus size and how it effects your VRAM usage |
How much vram do you actually need? | APUs and the future of processing | Projects: SO - here

Intel i7 5820l @ with Corsair H110 | 32GB DDR4 RAM @ 1600Mhz | XFX Radeon R9 290 @ 1.2Ghz | Corsair 600Q | Corsair TX650 | Probably too much corsair but meh should have had a Corsair SSD and RAM | 1.3TB HDD Space | Sennheiser HD598 | Beyerdynamic Custom One Pro | Blue Snowball

midi r2 , best it terms of capability ^_^

Thank you for the advice about what which would be the best case for  my build

i'm biased, but for air-flow performance the Arc Midi would be the better bet.

and if water-cooling is in the future, it is really the best bet for 2x 240 or even

360 (thick) in the roof over the other cases (skinny). but it will take some cutting

and ODD cage removal for best results. price wise they are all pretty much distro

sales sheets weekly. Ronin is a relatively new market appearance and will prolly

be on some quick sale flyers.

airdeano

Airrdeano  a person of few but many words thank you again

Fractal would go best with the theme i think 

Thank you for the input towards my future build

It depends, all are good cases, it just comes down  to personal preference i.e the one that looks the best in your opinion. 

What can I  say but that the  final word comes down to me  Thank  you

+1 on the Arc Midi R2 since the plate where it hides the cables on the Ronin looks very weird imo and the C70 doesn't have that kind of black that you would want in a ninja build.

Hello and Welcome to LTT Forum!

If you are a new member, please read the rules located in "Forum News and Info". Thanks!  :)

Linus Tech Tips Forum Code of Conduct           FAQ           Privacy Policy & Legal Disclaimer

Remember,when u buy a case to consider if u want to mod the case itself.

with aesthetics and functionality in mind, i'd pick the FD one. i dont personally like the look of the c70, and i only trust bitfenix for a few things, excluding cases.

so my opinion is the FD. like others have said, they're all relatively similar 

Spoiler

Gaming/Engineering PC: -i7 6700K, 4-4.2GHz "Eleanor" -ASUS ROG HERO VIII MOBO -16GB DDR4 3000MHz Corsair (2x8GB) -Gigabyte Windforce 980Ti OC edition (1405MHz GPU clock) -H110i GT Corsair CPU Water cooler -980GB Sandisk Ultra II SSD -Corsair 450D ATX Case -RM850i Corsair PSU (Modular) -28” 4K Samsung -27” 1080p Samsung 

C70 and go for a military theme, that's goodlooking and quite rare to find :>

http://www.anandtech.com/show/7158/bitfenix-ronin-case-review

Apparently, the Ronin is hot and loud, which probably doesn't really suit a "ninja" theme ;D Anyway I don't think you would spend your money on a case that is hot and loud in the first place. I suggest avoiding it.

I personally think the Midi R2 is the best pick out of the 3. :)

CoolerMaster Storm Scout 2 Black - Intel Core i5-4570 - CoolerMaster Hyper TX3 Evo - Sapphire Radeon HD7950 - Corsair Vengeance Pro 8GB - ASRock Fatal1ty H87 Performance - Seagate Baracuda 1TB HDD - Sandisk SSD Plus 240GB - Seasonic G-550 - BenQ GW2255 21.5" LED Monitor

2016 MacBook Pro 13" - Google Pixel

http://www.anandtech.com/show/7158/bitfenix-ronin-case-review

Apparently, the Ronin is hot and loud, which probably doesn't really suit a "ninja" theme ;D Anyway I don't think you would spend your money on a case that is hot and loud in the first place. I suggest avoiding it.

I personally think the Midi R2 is the best pick out of the 3. :)

Your wisdom is noted from the shadows :ph34r:

C70 and go for a military theme, that's goodlooking and quite rare to find :>

We strive for the heat of battle but do are best from the shadows :ph34r:  

with aesthetics and functionality in mind, i'd pick the FD one. i dont personally like the look of the c70, and i only trust bitfenix for a few things, excluding cases.

so my opinion is the FD. like others have said, they're all relatively similar 

The shadow warrior listening to you from the shadows :ph34r:

Remember,when u buy a case to consider if u want to mod the case itself.

Hmm ! I must think on the wisdom you bring :ph34r:

+1 on the Arc Midi R2 since the plate where it hides the cables on the Ronin looks very weird imo and the C70 doesn't have that kind of black that you would want in a ninja build.

I must contemplate on the strategy you bring to the battle :ph34r: