Your opinion on why gaming has gotten easier

rpellumbi

If you think in general gaming has gotten easier well I don't think that is totally true.  The console games we were playing many moons ago (I am 40) required only 2 or 3 buttons and only a select few games had combos. For me gaming has definitely gotten more difficult. I think gaming for people from my age group has gotten much harder and more complicated since we first played games on Sega, Nintendo and other consoles.

Too many ****ing games!  Back log 4 life! :S

I think games are more about experiences. That's why games sometimes offer that "extremely hard mode" only if you complete the game once at least, so if you want to "try hard" you are given the chance. I always find myself playing at easy or normal to enjoy the game, and what it offers, like exploration (Skyrim), companion interaction (Dragon Age: Origins) than struggling to reach the end on a high difficulty.

"Save the cheerleader, save the world- Hiro Nakamura

The hero LinusTechTips forum deserves, but not the one it needs.

Games haven't become easier one bit, they just have a difficulty slider. Now those who just want to experience the content without much effort can choose to do so, but those who want something hardcore have that option as well. If anyone here is claiming a game is too easy then just pick a higher difficulty setting and your problem will be solved.

1 word: Steam

No more of this 'going down to the shops and buying the game and installing it from a CD drive' business

Coolermaster Scout 2 Case / ASROCK 990FX Extreme3 Motherboard / AMD FX 8350 8 Core CPU (Stock Speed) / Corsair H100i CPU Cooler / Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1060 WindForce OC 6GB / 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1600MHz CMZ8GX3M2A1600C8

Build Log: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/20323-scout-2-update-build-fx8350-h100i/#entry244058

because you're older, so its less of a challenge, you can problem solve faster, react quicker, you learn faster so normal is less of a challenge. give your game to someone who has never played that type of game, and watch them struggle all day.

I now play on the hardest difficulty on all games as its more fitting to my skills as someone who's been gaming for 16 years.
My sister has been gaming almost as long, she still is useless at it , but hasn't gamed as much. the more you game the better you get at most games. 

Rig 1 CPU: 3570K Motherboard: V Gene GPU: Power Color r9 280x at 1.35GHZ  RAM: 16 GB 1600mhz PSU: Cougar CMX 700W Storage: 1x Plexor M5S 256GB 1x 1TB HDD 1x 3TB GREEN HDD Case: Coolermaster HAFXB Cooling: Intel Watercooler
"My day so far, I've fixed 4 computers and caught a dog. Australian Tech Industry is weird."

"It's bent so far to the right, It's a hook."

I would like to direct all of you to a group called extra credits, watch their videos on YouTube to penny arcade tv and that will answer your questions as to why games are not as hard and the difference between punishing and difficult

Desktop -  i5 4670k, GTX 770, Maximums VI Hero, 2X Kingston Hyper X 3k in raid zero.

Laptop - Lenovo X230 Intel 535 480GB, 16GB Gskill memory, Classic Keyboard Mod, Triple USB 3.0 Express Card.