32Bit Java seems to work better then 64Bit

Zambonie

Ever since getting Windows 10, modded Minecraft would not seems to work, as of I would only get 1 FPS, on title screen, in game, everywhere.

But today I came back around to it and tried launching minecraft with about 125 mods installed, and what I would notice is that it would take about 30 minutes to get to the title screen.

I was still on java 7, So I decided to get Java 8, although, I installed the 32-bit version without realizing it. I launched minecraft, and it was on the title screen with in no time and a perfect 60FPS.

I then realized that I had the 32-bit version of java, so I went back and installed the 64-bit version. The problem came back, where minecraft would always get stuck on the 'Uploading GL Texture' part, and would take 30 mins, and have 1FPS in game.

My System specs, as are stated below:

Intel i7 4700MQ

Intel HD 4600 (yes ik, its crappy..)

8GB Ram

I am trying to install the latest drivers for my gpu from Intel's download center, although in the end of installing the drivers I would get :

aae47a1758.png

This All worked perfectly in Windows 8 and 8.1, yet not anymore.

If anyone has experienced the same thing and/or has a fix for it, please let me know. Thanks.

If you need anymore information, ask me.

Intel i5-6600k (Cooled by a 212 evo) - Asus Z170-A - Asus Dual OC GTX 1060 - NZXT S340 - WD 1TB (Getting SSD this month, hopefully) - 8GB DDR4-2400

LG G4 - Asus Zenwatch 2

How did you manage to get a 4700MQ without a dGPU? Do you know how to set the target graphics processor in Minecraft? It's needed for laptops because the display is primarily controlled by the Intel GPU. Java is not recognized as a game, even though it uses OpenGL, so the default is HD graphics. If you set the default to the dGPU, then it will run it using the graphics processor every time. And then your minecraft will be buttery smooth.

"with about 125 mods" thats 125 tiny mods if those launch in java 32 bit...

whats the amount of ram dedicated to java/minecraft?

Do you know how to set the target graphics processor in Minecraft?

No, I don't.

Intel i5-6600k (Cooled by a 212 evo) - Asus Z170-A - Asus Dual OC GTX 1060 - NZXT S340 - WD 1TB (Getting SSD this month, hopefully) - 8GB DDR4-2400

LG G4 - Asus Zenwatch 2

"with about 125 mods" thats 125 tiny mods if those launch in java 32 bit...

whats the amount of ram dedicated to java/minecraft?

Ehh not all of them are so tiny :P

2GB seems to work fine, but Im on 3GB currently, and I did 1GB when I had 32Bit java.

LG G4 - Asus Zenwatch 2

No, I don't.

Right click on the minecraft icon on your desktop. There should be something that says "Use high-performance Nvidia processor" or something like that. Press that button and it will do its thing.

For Minecraft 64Bit is better

congrats for not reading the OP.

most useless post i've seen today.

congrats for not reading the OP.

most useless post i've seen today.

Thank's <3

Insert   Dank   Signature   Here.

Right click on the minecraft icon on your desktop. There should be something that says "Use high-performance Nvidia processor" or something like that. Press that button and it will do its thing.

Hm, this is All I got.

05ccbdaf85.png

LG G4 - Asus Zenwatch 2

Hm, this is All I got.

05ccbdaf85.png

hmm :\ you sure you have a dGPU? what laptop do you have?

i'm guessing this is some odd derp between intel graphics, 64bit java and windows 10.

could try reinstalling 64 bit java.

--sidenote, its generally better to test with vanilla minecraft / only forge.

hmm :\ you sure you have a dGPU? what laptop do you have?

Dis cheap ol' thing.

LG G4 - Asus Zenwatch 2

i'm guessing this is some odd derp between intel graphics, 64bit java and windows 10.

Ive reinstalled java 64bit many times, I'll try vanilla and forge only now.

LG G4 - Asus Zenwatch 2

So i tried Vanilla, I got pretty good FPS on the title screen, until a I made a new world (also tried with joinign a pre-made world).. It crashed, with this also appearing in the bottom right:

737361d87e.jpg

Edit: And both minecraft and my GPU still think I'm on Windows 8..

LG G4 - Asus Zenwatch 2

As for Forge alone, it also works fine until I join a world.

Though when I even add one small mod it starts lagging..

LG G4 - Asus Zenwatch 2

reinstall drivers would be my guess since stuff still thinks you're on win 8

Case: Define R4 (Black - Window) | PSU: EVGA Supernova 850w Gold | Motherboard: ASUS Z97 Deluxe | SSD: Samsung 840 EVO (250GB) | CPU: Intel i7 4790K (Devil's Canyon) Delidded with CLU  GPU: ASUS STRIX 980 TI | Cooler: Corsair H100i with CLU | Extra: NZXT Hue

reinstall drivers would be my guess since stuff still thinks you're on win 8

I tried uninstalling them through Device manager many times and it doesn't seem like it wants to go away...

Tbh, im really ripping out my hair rn over this..

LG G4 - Asus Zenwatch 2

Tbh, I've decided to do a clean install of Windows 10, as every solution Ive found didn't work, it might work, or it might not, but I'm really hoping it will...

LG G4 - Asus Zenwatch 2

should work if it's a corrupted upgrade with corrupted drivers

Case: Define R4 (Black - Window) | PSU: EVGA Supernova 850w Gold | Motherboard: ASUS Z97 Deluxe | SSD: Samsung 840 EVO (250GB) | CPU: Intel i7 4790K (Devil's Canyon) Delidded with CLU  GPU: ASUS STRIX 980 TI | Cooler: Corsair H100i with CLU | Extra: NZXT Hue