New vs Used laptopts

Trouble Kelp

I am looking for a laptop to use at university and I've found several options I'm interested in but I'm not sure which one to get. I could get the Asus Q502LA or I found a Lenovo Y570 and a Asus G53SX used for around the same price (the lenovo is $50s cheaper than the others). I can't decide if I should get the new computer because it's lighter, better battery life, Wireless AC, and other new features or get one of the other two options for more power. I My schedule allows for some flexibility as far as charging but I will definitely appreciate longer life. I'll be doing mostly note taking and some programming (mostly Java for school and I'll use my laptop for some light gaming, mostly limited to League of legends, starcraft 2, FTL and the likes so I don't expect to do anything that requires a lot of graphics power. How much of a difference in performance would there actually be between the New Asus and the other 2 laptops? Would the Is having extra power worth having less battery life? Which laptop would you recommend for me? 

CPU: Intel i5 2310 Mobo: MSI Z77A-G41 GPU: MSI 760 Twin Frozr 4GB RAM: 8GB ADATA XPG Gaming Series 

Storage: OCZ Aglility 3 120 GB SSD, 2 250GB Segate HDDs Case: Cooler Master HAF 912 PSU: Antec NEO ECO 520W

@Trouble Kelp

well i don't think that you shuld choose any of those two second hand llaptops. their gpu's are pretty old even if their cpus are quite capable

i was also put in the same situation a few weeks ago when i could get a new laptop with like an core i3 820m and it would weigh more than 2kg but i looked on a regional seling site and i found what i have now

you might not belive me but you don;t know how much it's worth having a laptop that you can actually hold it in one hand and that stays completely silent whyle web browsing or watching a movie(it;s fan aren't turned on even now writing this post :D )

so this is what i think that you should do:

search for some second hand ultrabook that has a processor from the haswell generation(this way you know that the laptop is quite new) with a dedicated gpu like 740m, 750m and their equivalent in amd cards and try to get that. tou could also try to get one without any dedicated gpu but gaming won't be a good option on t hat( hd 5500 graphics with an i5 can run gta 5 at 25-30 fps :o )

if you find another laptop that looks appealing to you just qote or mention me and i can tell you if it;s good or not :)

also, forgive me if i have any gramatical errors. it's 3am no light in the room only the light from my laptop and i don't have an iluminated keyboard(now i know how valuable that thing is)

AMD Athlon X4 750k; Gigabyte F2A88XM-DS2; 8Gb Corsair XMS 1600 Mhz; AMD Hd5670 1Gb DDR3; Bequiet E6-600W; W7 Ultimate x64

#KILLEDMYWIFE                                                                                                                                                                                                                         so miner; very doge; much value   

Dell Vostro 5470: i5 4200U Nvidia GT740m 2Gb 14" 1366x768 Kingston V300 120Gb                                                                                              

@Trouble Kelp

well i don't think that you shuld choose any of those two second hand llaptops. their gpu's are pretty old even if their cpus are quite capable

i was also put in the same situation a few weeks ago when i could get a new laptop with like an core i3 820m and it would weigh more than 2kg but i looked on a regional seling site and i found what i have now

you might not belive me but you don;t know how much it's worth having a laptop that you can actually hold it in one hand and that stays completely silent whyle web browsing or watching a movie(it;s fan aren't turned on even now writing this post :D )

so this is what i think that you should do:

search for some second hand ultrabook that has a processor from the haswell generation(this way you know that the laptop is quite new) with a dedicated gpu like 740m, 750m and their equivalent in amd cards and try to get that. tou could also try to get one without any dedicated gpu but gaming won't be a good option on t hat( hd 5500 graphics with an i5 can run gta 5 at 25-30 fps :o )

if you find another laptop that looks appealing to you just qote or mention me and i can tell you if it;s good or not :)

also, forgive me if i have any gramatical errors. it's 3am no light in the room only the light from my laptop and i don't have an iluminated keyboard(now i know how valuable that thing is)

I will definitely appreciate less weight when I have to carry it around school which is why the Newer asus is so appealing to me. I have been looking around on local classified boards for a little while now and I haven't found much (other than the ones I mentioned in my post). Many people tend to overvalue their laptops (and other computer parts) on the boards and many don't even list the model so it's hard to find good options but I'm keeping my eye out. I kinda doubt that I could find something with a 750m within my price range and gaming isn't really that important as long as get works well for daily use. Thanks for help! I'll ask you if I find any other options that look Good

CPU: Intel i5 2310 Mobo: MSI Z77A-G41 GPU: MSI 760 Twin Frozr 4GB RAM: 8GB ADATA XPG Gaming Series 

Storage: OCZ Aglility 3 120 GB SSD, 2 250GB Segate HDDs Case: Cooler Master HAF 912 PSU: Antec NEO ECO 520W