Cloud based storage for a business?

Snorlax

Hello, LTT members!

I work as an IT-techie-guy at this business, and they have a request. They're not the most tech-savvy people, so bear with me on this one.

They are looking for a way to backup all their computers (we're talking under 10 people) completely.

They want it to be done automatically.

They don't want to press any buttons.

Once set up, it should work flawlessly.

They don't want to move anything into any folder. It should backup the entire PC.

We're talking under 1TB of data. Under 10 people with under 100GB each on their PCs.

I've told them, that a local backup would be nice to have, since it's cheaper and faster than cloud storage, but they want to make sure it's 110% secure (from fire hazards and so on).

I took a look at Google Drive, which would be.. more than enough space for them, but they force you to move stuff into folders. These guys don't want any interaction with the backup software at all.

What would the best solution be? Thanks!

Azure Site Recovery? It's designed for servers, but I think it can back up clients too. But it's expensive. http://azure.microsoft.com/en-us/services/site-recovery/

LTT's unofficial Windows activation expert.

Ah yes. In Windows there is this feature called System Image Backup. I think I will be using that, because there's no scenario, where they would want to withdraw files from the server, unless their PC broke down. I think, from what I've read, System Image Backup only applies newly changed files to the new image instead of a complete backup again. But I'm not really sure.

That is incremental if I remember correctly, haven't used windows backup in ages. But yes, you'll have to set up a backup schedule where you do a full backup every week or so, if you restore the you start with the last full backup and them every incremental backup since the full one.

That is incremental if I remember correctly, haven't used windows backup in ages. But yes, you'll have to set up a backup schedule where you do a full backup every week or so, if you restore the you start with the last full backup and them every incremental backup since the full one.

I see... Hmm. I set up a task in the Schedule Task feature, and it did a backup (well I cancelled it because I don't have a xxx GB external hard drive laying around). I wonder what happens if I do a backup right after that... would I have two new backups or only 1 backup, which is the newest of them?

So many unanswered questions!

Desktop: i9 12900K - 64GB 6000 MHz CL36 - RTX 4090 X3 OC

Unraid server: Ryzen 3900X - 32GB 3200 MHz CL14 - Quadro P2000 - 50+ TB raw