Can i update a BIOS with a non compatible processor?

Im planning to buy a MOBO GA-F2A88X-UP4(rev 3.0) and an AMD a10 7870k processor, i dont know wich version of the BIOS it has pre-installed so i dont know if the processor will be compatible right out of the box, in case it is not, can i update the BIOS anyway with a pendrive or i will need a compatible processor to update it?

You will need to request a BIOS chip (if replaceable) from the motherboard manufacturer with the newest BIOS update on it. Simple. BUT- make sure before ordering. Call and ask first. Just say "Hello, interested in ____ motherboard, if it comes with earlier BIOS version, can I request a BIOS chip to be sent to me?"

ᕦ(ò_óˇ)ᕤ PROJECT: GreenLANTERN (click to view)

You will need to request a BIOS chip (if replaceable) from the motherboard manufacturer with the newest BIOS update on it. Simple. BUT- make sure before ordering. Call and ask first. Just say "Hello, interested in ____ motherboard, if it comes with earlier BIOS version, can I request a BIOS chip to be sent to me?"

It doesnt have a replaceable BIOS chip

I think you can use q-flash to flash the latest bios.

Not 100% sure if you need a cpu compatible with the current bios or if you can flash it without.

Without really looking into it, I couldn't tell you much more without speculating.

Knight Rider - Build Log - NZXTS340 / i7-4790k / R9 390 / Modded Noctuas / AIO Watercooler - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/421049-updated-knight-rider-nzxt-s340-amd-buiildnow-intel-with-modded-noctuas/

Unfortunately if your mobo ships with the wrong BIOS version you will have to have a compatible CPU to get the update applied. This is the part of PC part picking that you can't overlook or cut corners, have to do it by the book or it's a no go and you'll have dead weight hardware collecting dust :/ 

Really depends on the motherboard, a lot of the new ones are able to do a BIOS flash with just 24-pin attached

if it can't however try to contact the retailer and ask if they could do the flash for you.

or you could order cheapest compatible CPU, do the flash, and then return the CPU saying that it didn't fit or some bs like that.

CPU: Intel i7 5820K @ 4.20 GHz | MotherboardMSI X99S SLI PLUS | RAM: Corsair LPX 16GB DDR4 @ 2666MHz | GPU: Sapphire R9 Fury (x2 CrossFire)
Storage: Samsung 950Pro 512GB // OCZ Vector150 240GB // Seagate 1TB | PSU: Seasonic 1050 Snow Silent | Case: NZXT H440 | Cooling: Nepton 240M
FireStrike // Extreme // Ultra // 8K // 16K

Unfortunately if your mobo ships with the wrong BIOS version you will have to have a compatible CPU to get the update applied. This is the part of PC part picking that you can't overlook or cut corners, have to do it by the book or it's a no go and you'll have dead weight hardware collecting dust :/ 

Yeah thought you might of had to, shame. Gigabyte should implement something like asus have with the bios flashback

Knight Rider - Build Log - NZXTS340 / i7-4790k / R9 390 / Modded Noctuas / AIO Watercooler - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/421049-updated-knight-rider-nzxt-s340-amd-buiildnow-intel-with-modded-noctuas/

Save yourself time- get the right hardware the first time and you will have zero issues. Work smarter, not harder.

:) good luck Chalvador.