HELP COMPUTER WON'T POWER ON!

Hi!,

I recently built my friend a computer for gaming.  After we built we attempted to turn it on. Fans were spinning and lights were flashing, but nothing showed up on the monitor, then the computer would power down on it's own.  Then, we would have to wait a few minutes until the computer could be powered on again, but the same thing kept happening.  I have taken the computer home, and I have to bring it back later this week.  Please help!

Specifications

pcpartpicker.com/user/Amazinjoe555/saved/K7VXsY

NOTE:  The power supply is a 520W Power Supply from BestBuy that we had to get, because he forgot a power supply (lolz)​

Hi!,

I recently built my friend a computer for gaming.  After we built we attempted to turn it on. Fans were spinning and lights were flashing, but nothing showed up on the monitor, then the computer would power down on it's own.  Then, we would have to wait a few minutes until the computer could be powered on again, but the same thing kept happening.  I have taken the computer home, and I have to bring it back later this week.  Please help!

Specifications

http:​//pcpartpicker.com/user/Amazinjoe555/saved/K7VXsY

NOTE:  The power supply is a 520W Power Supply from BestBuy that we had to get, because he forgot a power supply (lolz)​

Are you sure that you've connected the dvi cable to the GPU and not the Motherboard on-board ?

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X | CPU Cooler: Stock AMD Cooler | Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX B550-F GAMING (WI-FI) | RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3000 CL16 | GPU: Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB Zotac Mini | Case: K280 Case | PSU: Cooler Master B600 Power supply | SSD: 1TB  | HDDs: 1x 250GB & 1x 1TB WD Blue | Monitors: 24" Acer S240HLBID + 24" Samsung  | OS: Win 10 Pro

Audio: Behringer Q802USB Xenyx 8 Input Mixer |  U-PHORIA UMC204HD | Behringer XM8500 Dynamic Cardioid Vocal Microphone | Sound Blaster Audigy Fx PCI-E card.

Home Lab:  Lenovo ThinkCenter M82 ESXi 6.7 | Lenovo M93 Tiny Exchange 2019 | TP-LINK TL-SG1024D 24-Port Gigabit | Cisco ASA 5506 firewall  | Cisco Catalyst 3750 Gigabit Switch | Cisco 2960C-LL | HP MicroServer G8 NAS | Custom built SCCM Server.

Can you use the proper URL tags, We can't see the link.

Take out the http

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X | CPU Cooler: Stock AMD Cooler | Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX B550-F GAMING (WI-FI) | RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3000 CL16 | GPU: Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB Zotac Mini | Case: K280 Case | PSU: Cooler Master B600 Power supply | SSD: 1TB  | HDDs: 1x 250GB & 1x 1TB WD Blue | Monitors: 24" Acer S240HLBID + 24" Samsung  | OS: Win 10 Pro

Audio: Behringer Q802USB Xenyx 8 Input Mixer |  U-PHORIA UMC204HD | Behringer XM8500 Dynamic Cardioid Vocal Microphone | Sound Blaster Audigy Fx PCI-E card.

Home Lab:  Lenovo ThinkCenter M82 ESXi 6.7 | Lenovo M93 Tiny Exchange 2019 | TP-LINK TL-SG1024D 24-Port Gigabit | Cisco ASA 5506 firewall  | Cisco Catalyst 3750 Gigabit Switch | Cisco 2960C-LL | HP MicroServer G8 NAS | Custom built SCCM Server.

Hi!,

Specifications

Broken link made sure you plug everything in?

Also what power supply did you buy?

Setup

CPU: i3 4160|Motherboard: MSI Z97 PC MATE|RAM: Kingston HyperX Blue 8GB(2x4GB)|GPU: Sapphire Nitro R9 380 4GB|PSU: Seasonic M12II EVO 620W Modular|Storage: 1TB WD Blue|Case: NZXT S340 Black|PCIe devices: TP-Link WDN4800| Montior: ASUS VE247H| Others: PS3/PS4

Hi!,

Specifications

I don't know much abotu these stuff so I'll just advise you to do the basic stuff again..

Have you checked so all the cables are connected in the right way/place?

Have you checked if the monitor power button?

Are the display cables connected to the gpu like the should? If they are then take them out and do it again

PC  Specs 2022:

Spoiler
  • CPU
    AMD Ryzen R9 5900x @ 5.1GHz - Auto OC
  • Curve Optimizer Magnitude: -20
  • Motherboard
    ASUS ROG STRIX x570-F Gaming
  • RAM
                                        Kingston Fury 32GB DDR4 3200MHz 16x2GB
  • GPU
    MSI 3070 8GB Ventus 2x OC
  • Case
    LIAN LI LANCOOL MESH II Mesh RGB Black
  • Storage
    Kingston NV1 2TB M.2. NVMe
  • PSU
    Seasonic Focus GX 850w 
  • Display(s)
    MSI OPTIX MAG 251RX IPS 240hz & ASUS MG248Q Vertical 144hz & Dell 60hz
  • Cooling
    NZXT Kraken x73 360mm
  • Keyboard
    Tt eSports Meka G1
  • Mouse
    Logitech G Pro Wireless
  • Operating System
    -Windows 10 Professional 64bit

Can you use the proper URL tags, We can't see the link.

http://pcpartpicker.com/user/Amazinjoe555/saved/K7VXsY

There you go.

PC  Specs 2022:

Spoiler
  • CPU
    AMD Ryzen R9 5900x @ 5.1GHz - Auto OC
  • Curve Optimizer Magnitude: -20
  • Motherboard
    ASUS ROG STRIX x570-F Gaming
  • RAM
                                        Kingston Fury 32GB DDR4 3200MHz 16x2GB
  • GPU
    MSI 3070 8GB Ventus 2x OC
  • Case
    LIAN LI LANCOOL MESH II Mesh RGB Black
  • Storage
    Kingston NV1 2TB M.2. NVMe
  • PSU
    Seasonic Focus GX 850w 
  • Display(s)
    MSI OPTIX MAG 251RX IPS 240hz & ASUS MG248Q Vertical 144hz & Dell 60hz
  • Cooling
    NZXT Kraken x73 360mm
  • Keyboard
    Tt eSports Meka G1
  • Mouse
    Logitech G Pro Wireless
  • Operating System
    -Windows 10 Professional 64bit

Yes. The fans on it are spinning, and yes I did plug in a Dual link DVI caple in it.

did you plug the power cable into the GPU?

There doesn't seem to be one on this card. Is there? Can you point it out?

can you show me a picture?

Usually power goes into the top or the side opposite to the i/o sheild.

I5 4460 | Sapphire R7 265 | 8gb DDR3

?

of the GPU.

did you plug the power cable into the GPU?

The 750Ti pulls all its power from the PCIe lane so no need for any cables.

@amazinjoe555

Did you install the small speaker that came with the motherboard? If so there should be some sort of beep code.

Spoiler

4790k @ 4.5Ghz 1.180v NZXT Kraken X31 | MSI Z97 Krait | Kingston Hyper X Fury 32GB 1866Mhz, 2 DIMMs white and 2 black | GTX 980 Ti - G1 Gaming | GTX 680 - Reference | SilverStone ST75F-P | Phanteks Enthoo Pro

@amazinjoe555

Did you install the small speaker that came with the motherboard? If so there should be some sort of beep code.

some do take power from the PSU.

@amazinjoe555

I didn't, and I left it at my friends house :( could it be the memory, or the CPU?  Is there any specific problem that causes the computer to turn on, and then turn off by itself?

Hi!,

Specifications

pcpartpicker.com/user/Amazinjoe555/saved/K7VXsY

have you tried turning it on and off again

PC SPECS: Athlon 860k, MSI 380 4GB, 8GB memory, 1TB HDD, Fractal Design Core 1000