Opinion on the Macbook Pro

I am looking to get the Macbook Pro 13", and I wanted to ask Mac user's on their opinions about Mac and Apple. I am looking into a Mac because I need a new laptop for school, and photography and since I never owned one before (but I have used one) I wanted to know am I really getting what I pay for, and if Macbook Pro's really do last you a long time? I'm just looking for some answers and insights, I don't need anything hateful towards Mac users or PC users, in fact I am a PC user and thought it would be interesting to have access to the Mac OSX and Windows 10.

They will last forever if you DON'T UPGRADE THE OS!

I have a MBP from May of 2009 2.93ghz 4gb ram 320 gb running snow leopard. It is kinda slow, but still works well. I have CS5 on it which is why I keep it around, but I know that if I try to put Maverics on it, it will no longer run.

My parents just had to upgrade the OS and it made the computer borderline unusable. They have a 20" iMac from 06

CPU: Intel Core i7 8700k CPU Cooler: Corsair Hydro Series H100i Mobo:  Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws X 32GB 2133 Storage #1: 1TB 850 EVO SSD Storage #2: Western Digital Black 2TB Storage #3: Western Digital Green 4TB GPU: Gigabyte 980 Ti G1 Case: Mastercase5 PSU: EVGA 750 W G2 80+Gold Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB Cherry MX Brown Mouse: Razer Deathadder Elite Monitor: LG 34UM94 Headset: Bose

Phone: Samsung Galaxy S9

Make sure you use the education store. You'll get 50-100 off the computer and 10% off upgrades (ram/hd)

CPU: Intel Core i7 8700k CPU Cooler: Corsair Hydro Series H100i Mobo:  Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws X 32GB 2133 Storage #1: 1TB 850 EVO SSD Storage #2: Western Digital Black 2TB Storage #3: Western Digital Green 4TB GPU: Gigabyte 980 Ti G1 Case: Mastercase5 PSU: EVGA 750 W G2 80+Gold Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB Cherry MX Brown Mouse: Razer Deathadder Elite Monitor: LG 34UM94 Headset: Bose

Phone: Samsung Galaxy S9

I am looking to get the Macbook Pro 13", and I wanted to ask Mac user's on their opinions about Mac and Apple. I am looking into a Mac because I need a new laptop for school, and photography and since I never owned one before (but I have used one) I wanted to know am I really getting what I pay for, and if Macbook Pro's really do last you a long time? I'm just looking for some answers and insights, I don't need anything hateful towards Mac users or PC users, in fact I am a PC user and thought it would be interesting to have access to the Mac OSX and Windows 10.

are you considering a pc laptop as well?

If you need remote help fixing something on your computer

I can help over Teamviewer if you wish

just msg me on my profile

question, why a Macbook?

I got the new mbpr and don't currently have any complaints. I have yet to really use it though as school hasn't started yet.

My posts are in a constant state of editing :)

CPU: i7-4790k @ 4.7Ghz MOBO: ASUS ROG Maximums VII Hero  GPU: Asus GTX 780ti Directcu ii SLI RAM: 16GB Corsair Vengeance PSU: Corsair AX860 Case: Corsair 450D Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 250 GB, WD Black 1TB Cooling: Corsair H100i with Noctua fans Monitor: ASUS ROG Swift

laptop

Some ASUS model. Has a GT 550M, i7-2630QM, 4GB or ram and a WD Black SSD/HDD drive. MacBook Pro 13" base model
Apple stuff from over the years
iPhone 5 64GB, iPad air 128GB, iPod Touch 32GB 3rd Gen and an iPod nano 4GB 3rd Gen. Both the touch and nano are working perfectly as far as I can tell :)

Well the reason I'm looking into a Macbook Pro is because of the Mac OSX, the retina display for photography, and also I need the limited gaming option so I don't get distracted with gaming on campus.

I feel the most important question to ask is if you're picking up a retina or a non retina. If you aren't getting a retina, it's not worth it (it's from 2012, not upgraded since then, not worth it for the price.)

Normandy - Intel Core i5 3470, 8 GB Corsair Vengenace LP, EVGA GTX 960 SSC, Gigabyte GA-Z77M-D3H-MVP, WD Blue 1 TB, Seagate 320 GB (steam), Seagate 320 GB (experimental, second OS, etc), Windows 8.1 + Ubuntu 14.10

Garrus - HP Stream 11

I feel the most important question to ask is if you're picking up a retina or a non retina. If you aren't getting a retina, it's not worth it (it's from 2012, not upgraded since then, not worth it for the price.)

The Macbook Pro only comes with Retina.

SNIP

its one of the best laptops on the market in my opinion, and should last a long time

My brothers 15" pro from 2008 is still going strong to this day, only thing upgraded so far is RAM, and he wants to get an SSD for it soon (he works as an engineer for jaguar land rover)

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

The Macbook Pro only comes with Retina.

it sounds like you mainly want a nice display on the laptop

in which case there is other options

If you need remote help fixing something on your computer

I can help over Teamviewer if you wish

just msg me on my profile

You can get an equivalent laptop for much cheaper, and if you're on a student budget, that's what I would recommend.

If you're happy to pay the large "premium" price tag for what is essentially, a nicer chassis and a logo on the back in the shape of an apple, then go for it.

In terms of longevity I find that if you're doing anything extensive, like gaming, graphic design, 3d modelling, etc, then a macbook pro will be obsolete after the same time period as a windows laptop.

Talking about a device to last longer would really rely on the bearers hand. It depends on how you take care of the device. Not just on the outside appearance but also on the inside. You've got to be careful in every move you make and should be aware with what's going on with your device.

It's not true that you can get a better pc than a MacBook Pro, especially if you get it from Apple's refurb store because no laptop has a trackpad as good as any MacBook.

You can get an equivalent laptop for much cheaper, and if you're on a student budget, that's what I would recommend.

If you're happy to pay the large "premium" price tag for what is essentially, a nicer chassis and a logo on the back in the shape of an apple, then go for it.

In terms of longevity I find that if you're doing anything extensive, like gaming, graphic design, 3d modelling, etc, then a macbook pro will be obsolete after the same time period as a windows laptop.

^^^^^  Unless you really feel like the os is worth the price.