980Ti - Still Having Color Issues?

Heisennburgg

Hello again LTT Community! I posted this same question last night because I just upgraded my 2 780s to a 980Ti and have been noticing some color issues in my screenshots. They're extremely dark, especially interior shots and night time shots. Could it be the newest drivers causing this issue, or maybe a Windows 10 issue? When I'm looking at my monitor while playing the game, the game looks perfectly fine, it's not too dark or anything. But as soon as I go to review the screenshots, it's super dark on interior/night time shots and it's driving me insane. I've tried re-calibrating my monitor like people on this forum suggested, but I figured that wouldn't work anyway because it looks fine when I'm playing, and also have tried comparing my Nvidia Control Panel settings to a friend of mines, and they're the exact same. I'm installing the 353.50 drivers again, hopefully reverting back may fix it, but I won't hold my breath. Does anyone know what could be causing this at all? Thanks in advance for any replies!

~Reanna B)

CPU: Core i7 4790k - CPU Cooler: Thermaltake Water 3.0 Ultimate - GPU: Asus GTX 980Ti - Motherboard: MSI Z87-GD65 Gaming - Ram: 20GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3 @ 1600MHz - Storage: ADATA 256GB SSD, Samsung 840 Evo 1TB SSD & WD 1TB HDD 7200RPM - PSU: NZXT Hale90 V2 1000W Gold+ - Case: Phantek Enthoo Primo Black Exterior/White Interior - Display: Samsung 29" Curved Ultra Wide - Keyboard & Mouse: Razer Blackwidow Ultimate & Roccat Tyon - Sound: Razer Kraken USB Headphones, Blue Yeti, Logitech z313 Speakers

This posted twice somehow. I apologize for that guys!

CPU: Core i7 4790k - CPU Cooler: Thermaltake Water 3.0 Ultimate - GPU: Asus GTX 980Ti - Motherboard: MSI Z87-GD65 Gaming - Ram: 20GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3 @ 1600MHz - Storage: ADATA 256GB SSD, Samsung 840 Evo 1TB SSD & WD 1TB HDD 7200RPM - PSU: NZXT Hale90 V2 1000W Gold+ - Case: Phantek Enthoo Primo Black Exterior/White Interior - Display: Samsung 29" Curved Ultra Wide - Keyboard & Mouse: Razer Blackwidow Ultimate & Roccat Tyon - Sound: Razer Kraken USB Headphones, Blue Yeti, Logitech z313 Speakers

What are you using to view the images?  What type of connection are you using?  Is your monitor set to the default settings? (gamma, brightness, contrast etc.)

Under the Nvidia control panel in "Display --> Adjust desktop color settings" you can try fiddling with your settings there.  Could be your gamma is off.  

4K // R5 3600 // RTX2080Ti

in which games are the screenshots dark? are they also dark when you screenshot the desktop?

CPU: Ryzen 7 5800x3D | MoBo: MSI MAG B550 Tomahawk | RAM: G.Skill F4-3600C15D-16GTZ @3800CL16 | GPU: RTX 2080Ti | PSU: Corsair HX1200 | 

Case: Lian Li 011D XL | Storage: Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe 500GB, Crucial MX500 500GB | Soundcard: Soundblaster ZXR | Mouse: Razer Viper Mini | Keyboard: Razer Huntsman TE Monitor: DELL AW2521H @360Hz |

I had an issue like this once, turned out it was something to do with windows photo viewer and not the pictures themselves. Maybe try using another app to view the pictures and see if it's any better?

I7 4790K-----ASUS Z97-A-----GTX 1080-----CORSAIR H105-----CORSAIR VENGEANCE PRO 16GB-----ASUS PG278Q-----LOGITECH G900-----MASTERKEYS PRO L-----Sennheiser GSX 1000

I had an issue like this once, turned out it was something to do with windows photo viewer and not the pictures themselves. Maybe try using another app to view the pictures and see if it's any better?

Wow, thank you so much for suggesting that because without you suggesting that I'd forever have been trying to figure out what was wrong. I was using Windows Photo Viewer in Windows 10 to view my shots because in Windows 7 it was fine. I used something called "Photos" to view them, and low and behold, they were normal. Thank you so much!

What are you using to view the images?  What type of connection are you using?  Is your monitor set to the default settings? (gamma, brightness, contrast etc.)

Under the Nvidia control panel in "Display --> Adjust desktop color settings" you can try fiddling with your settings there.  Could be your gamma is off.  

turned out being the windows photo viewer making my photos darker. weird.

turned out being the windows photo viewer making my photos darker. weird.

With me it was something to do with photo viewer not liking my icc profile or something, not sure but glad it worked for you :)

I7 4790K-----ASUS Z97-A-----GTX 1080-----CORSAIR H105-----CORSAIR VENGEANCE PRO 16GB-----ASUS PG278Q-----LOGITECH G900-----MASTERKEYS PRO L-----Sennheiser GSX 1000