Would you make the jump from a fx-8350 to a Intel Core i5-6600K?

already bought the i7 lol

bad use of money. for lik 100 more you could have got a 5820k. 

that aint 20 bucks, or 10 bucks, thats 100 bucks difference. dont forget the extra costs for the motherboard too.

Plus its slow core wise, i dont think i would benefit as much

that aint 20 bucks, or 10 bucks, thats 100 bucks difference. dont forget the extra costs for the motherboard too.

Plus its slow core wise, i dont think i would benefit as much

well you already spent 660 dollars. 100 extra is only 15%.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819117402&cm_re=5820k-_-19-117-402-_-Product

= 50 extra.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813130796&cm_re=msi_x99-_-13-130-796-_-Product

= 70 extra.

srry 120 extra.

OC'd 5820k will reach 4.2-4.5ghz so single core performance is g8.

with 2 extra cores it'll last a lot longer than a 4790k too. so you'll get your moneys worth. 

well you already spent 660 dollars. 100 extra is only 15%.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819117402&cm_re=5820k-_-19-117-402-_-Product

= 50 extra.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813130796&cm_re=msi_x99-_-13-130-796-_-Product

= 70 extra.

srry 120 extra.

OC'd 5820k will reach 4.2-4.5ghz so single core performance is g8.

with 2 extra cores it'll last a lot longer than a 4790k too. so you'll get your moneys worth. 

Yeah, but games dont use all cores? To get the full power out of that CPU it would seem like i would have to overclock it to what you said. Why do that if the i7 is already at 4.0ghz, and i can overclock that to make it perform even better? I have a fx-8350, trust me, having more cores dont matter lolol

edit: im not trying to come off like a dick, but it just doesnt seem worth it, according to these sites: http://www.anandtech.com/show/8426/the-intel-haswell-e-cpu-review-core-i7-5960x-i7-5930k-i7-5820k-tested/6 i probably saved alot of money not going with it too.

Yeah, but games dont use all cores? To get the full power out of that CPU it would seem like i would have to overclock it to what you said. Why do that if the i7 is already at 4.0ghz, and i can overclock that to make it perform even better? I have a fx-8350, trust me, having more cores dont matter lolol

newer titles use more than 4 cores; GTA V and Witcher 3 are good examples. In the past it didn't matter but looking to the future the 5820k will last longer. you can OC a 4790k to like 4.7-4.8ghz usually but the more cores of a 4.4ghz 5820k will still give much more raw performance like 40% extra. That's 40% more headroom to bottleneck games. That's also similar to the gains you will get going from AMD to the 4790k. 

Hence if you wanted to save money you should have went with the i5-4690k. 

newer titles use more than 4 cores; GTA V and Witcher 3 are good examples. In the past it didn't matter but looking to the future the 5820k will last longer. you can OC a 4790k to like 4.7-4.8ghz usually but the more cores of a 4.4ghz 5820k will still give much more raw performance like 40% extra. That's 40% more headroom to bottleneck games. That's also similar to the gains you will get going from AMD to the 4790k. 

Hence if you wanted to save money you should have went with the i5-4690k. 

GTA V i would never play on PC, and Witcher 3 I already played... and honestly even on fx-8350 it ran pretty smooth for me. But i didnt keep playing that game that much...

You may be right, but yeah... I wasnt going to spend that much. I looked at the benchmarks... that i7 isnt beating the i7-4970k by much... the people that posted here earlier were dead on about buying one pretty much. Anything pass that gotta be BEYOND overkill. Thats just blowing money to blow money it seems.

If specifically for gaming it was a solid choice. Dx 12 tapers off at 6-8 threads. The 5820k sits in a weirdo spot of cheap workstation and bad value gaming.

R9 3900XT | Tomahawk B550 | Ventus OC RTX 3090 | Photon 1050W | 32GB DDR4 | TUF GT501 Case | Vizio 4K 50'' HDR

If specifically for gaming it was a solid choice. Dx 12 tapers off at 6-8 threads. The 5820k sits in a weirdo spot of cheap workstation and bad value gaming.

actually that would be the 6700k as it forces a DDR4 upgrade.

4790k is slightly better cuz DDR3 can be reused. 

6600k and 5820k are currently the best price to performance ratios. 

GTA V i would never play on PC, and Witcher 3 I already played... and honestly even on fx-8350 it ran pretty smooth for me. But i didnt keep playing that game that much...

You may be right, but yeah... I wasnt going to spend that much. I looked at the benchmarks... that i7 isnt beating the i7-4970k by much... the people that posted here earlier were dead on about buying one pretty much. Anything pass that gotta be BEYOND overkill. Thats just blowing money to blow money it seems.

i7-4790k and 6700k are blowing money cuz the price:performance isn't worth it. 5820k gives lot of headroom/future proofing hence why I said it. 

Yeah, its mainly for hardcore use with CSGO, and MMOs. Pretty much any games I want to play, I main CSGO, but do play others when I want too. I'm hoping for some great results with F2P wildstar this fall!

actually that would be the 6700k as it forces a DDR4 upgrade.

4790k is slightly better cuz DDR3 can be reused. 

6600k and 5820k are currently the best price to performance ratios. 

i7-4790k and 6700k are blowing money cuz the price:performance isn't worth it. 5820k gives lot of headroom/future proofing hence why I said it. 

I recently looked up benchmarks for DDR4. Have you? It aint worth it. It will be when the prices are lowered. Right now, its just BEYOND overkill. 

I recently looked up benchmarks for DDR4. Have you? It aint worth it. It will be when the prices are lowered. Right now, its just BEYOND overkill. 

DDR4 costs the same as DDR3 now. I just bought 16gb of DDR4 2133 ram (OC'd to 2400) for 100 shipped brand new. 

DDR4 costs the same as DDR3 now. I just bought 16gb of DDR4 2133 ram (OC'd to 2400) for 100 shipped brand new. 

What are you doing that you needs 16gb of DDR4?

What are you doing that you needs 16gb of DDR4?

chrome. 

also future proofing. it'll be years before i need a ram upgrade. 

I've learned on multiple occasions that cheap pays twice. I'll spent a little extra now so I don't have to rebuy everything later one. 

chrome. 

also future proofing. it'll be years before i need a ram upgrade. 

I've learned on multiple occasions that cheap pays twice. I'll spent a little extra now so I don't have to rebuy everything later one. 

lol chrome.... you made me laugh there... shit will eat ever memory stick you have in your computer lol..

i guess you could just say fuck 1 cpu get 2 then? but we can just keep going and going on what to buy.... but thanks for the advice.