I5 6600K+z170+8gb DDR4 worth upgrading ?

Currently i have I7 2600K, asrock z77 fatality pro m motherboard, 4gb ddr3 memory(because another stick died, soon would upgrade to 2x8gb ddr3 kinston 1866mhz memory). 

well, i personally wouldnt downgrade from i7 to i5. Unless you never had any use of hyperthreading.

CPU: Ryzen 7 5800x3D | MoBo: MSI MAG B550 Tomahawk | RAM: G.Skill F4-3600C15D-16GTZ @3800CL16 | GPU: RTX 2080Ti | PSU: Corsair HX1200 | 

Case: Lian Li 011D XL | Storage: Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe 500GB, Crucial MX500 500GB | Soundcard: Soundblaster ZXR | Mouse: Razer Viper Mini | Keyboard: Razer Huntsman TE Monitor: DELL AW2521H @360Hz |

well, i personally wouldnt downgrade from i7 to i5. Unless you never had any use of hyperthreading.

> downgrade.

There's a 25% IPC increase.

| Intel i7 5820K @ 4.8GHz | G.Skill Ripjaws 4X4GB | X99 PRO | HoF 980 | Asus MX299Q | Sennheiser HD600 |

Currently i have I7 2600K, asrock z77 fatality pro m motherboard, 4gb ddr3 memory(because another stick died, soon would upgrade to 2x8gb ddr3 kinston 1866mhz memory). 

I'd just overclock your 2600K if you haven't already and are disappointed in its performance.

> downgrade.

There's a 25% IPC increase.

well i5 6600k at stock without any HT, faster at cinebench, mine stock gets 6.51 points at stock with HT, i5 6600k get 7.53(based on review from guru3d) , with overclock to 4.6ghz both mine i7 2600k and i5 6600k at 4.6ghz results about the same. So Now am curious, in performance i wouldn't get a lot at all, in power consumption it would be great, but dunno, probably it's useless

I'd just overclock your 2600K if you haven't already and are disappointed in its performance.

i had it at 4.6ghz on air, it's more than enough, considering that i have GTX 770 , now am at stock because i need new ram

i had it at 4.6ghz on air, it's more than enough, considering that i have GTX 770 , now am at stock because i need new ram

Are you not happy with its performance or something? I can't see many games getting a big boost from switching CPU's if you get that back to 4.6.

Are you not happy with its performance or something? I can't see many games getting a big boost from switching CPU's if you get that back to 4.6.

nah am happy, i only half year ago bought i7 2600k, one shop was selling that cpu for 140eur new with warranty for 2years, one year left for now, because my friend bought that cpu and sold me it for same price, it was great, because in pc parts shops for 140eur you can't even get decent i3 , probably ill stick with i7 2600k it would be enough even for gtx 980 ti 

nah am happy, i only half year ago bought i7 2600k, one shop was selling that cpu for 140eur new with warranty for 2years, one year left for now, because my friend bought that cpu and sold me it for same price, it was great, because in pc parts shops for 140eur you can't even get decent i3 , probably ill stick with i7 2600k it would be enough even for gtx 980 ti 

Yeah, it's a great CPU yet. Around three years ago I bought a 2550K for $100 USD at Fry's Electronic store. The only reason I upgraded from that was to get a friend who had no money a modern PC. I upgraded for his benefit, sold him my stuff super cheap. Anyways, I would keep that 2600K until it dies or until the CPU world has a revolution.

Yeah, it's a great CPU yet. Around three years ago I bought a 2550K for $100 USD at Fry's Electronic store. The only reason I upgraded from that was to get a friend who had no money a modern PC. I upgraded for his benefit, sold him my stuff super cheap. Anyways, I would keep that 2600K until it dies or until the CPU world has a revolution.

yea, even though 6gen cpus are here, still there is no big difference at all, if you building brand new pc ofcource it's great to take newest parts, but if you have decent older gen cpu or gpu it;s just doesnt' worth it

performance wise maybe not that much,worth or not i think it's up to you to decide

maybe wait until zen or next 10 nm intel cpu

Dont bother.

Get an aftermarket cooler for your i7 and overclock it lightly.

If you already have an i7 it's not worth an upgrade at this time cause you'll need to change about 600euro worth of hardware for a potential 20% performance boost.

Not worth it unless you are really min/maxing on performance for professional reasons.

I just bought myself i7 4790k + Asrock z97m fatality + Gskill ripjawX 2133mhz CL9 because it's much better value than 6700k and costs a lot less.

+ for cheaper, I bought high end devil's canyon hardware. to get high end motherboards for skylake you're looking at 250euro+.

Dont bother.

Get an aftermarket cooler for your i7 and overclock it lightly.

If you already have an i7 it's not worth an upgrade at this time cause you'll need to change about 600euro worth of hardware for a potential 20% performance boost.

Not worth it unless you are really min/maxing on performance for professional reasons.

I just bought myself i7 4790k + Asrock z97m fatality + Gskill ripjawX 2133mhz CL9 because it's much better value than 6700k and costs a lot less.

+ for cheaper, I bought high end devil's canyon hardware. to get high end motherboards for skylake you're looking at 250euro+.

i have aftermarket cooler some titan fenrir, bought it for 15eur used from my friend, great cooleri, i could go up to 4.6ghz with temperature 80C, it's okey, intel cpu are hot always, at stock cooler even at stock speeds cpu could heat up up to 90C+ , that was bad , but now everything is okey