Good Anti-Virus?

jem.graham

I've got MalwareBytes, just need something to accompany it, any suggestions?

AVG and Avast are the ones I know people use a lot. I don't know how good they are really, I don't use anti-virus. 

Free solutions: Avast, AVG, Bitdefender Free, and Avira free

Paid solutions: ESET, Kaspersky, BitDefender, F-Secure.

I only use Malwarebytes Superantispyware and windows defender.

CPU: i7 4790k @ 4.4 GHz                                                 Case: Fractal Design Define R5                       SSD: Samsung Evo 850 250gb          Monitor:  Benq GL2760        
   GPU: MSI GTX 970 SLI (+140 Core|+400 Mem)               Motherboard: Msi Z97-G5                                 HDD: WD blue 1TB                             CPU Cooler:  Hyper 412s
      RAM: 16GB HyperX DDR3 1600MHz                                PSU: Cooler Master v850                                 Storage: Adata HV610 1TB                  OS: Windows 10           

AVG and Avast are the ones I know people use a lot. I don't know how good they are really, I don't use anti-virus. 

This, honestly. Apart from malwarebytes and adblocker i use nothing else for "security". You don't really need it unless you plan on going to shady sites. @jem.graham

Free solutions: Avast, AVG, Bitdefender Free, and Avira free

Paid solutions: ESET, Kaspersky, BitDefender, F-Secure.

Thanks, I've used Avast and AVG in the past, so Bitdefender it is. Too many pop-ups with the other two. Thanks :)

I used Nod32 for the longest time, I do kinda recommend it, however I did have a pretty big problem last year that windows defender picked up on but nod32 totally missed. I no longer use nod32 and just have windows defender and malwarebytes. All seems to be well!

Thanks, I've used Avast and AVG in the past, so Bitdefender it is. Too many pop-ups with the other two. Thanks :)

Bitdefender Free doesn't do any pop up at all compare to the other free solutions. 

This, honestly. Apart from malwarebytes and adblocker i use nothing else for "security". You don't really need it unless you plan on going to shady sites. @jem.graham

Haha yeah, well I've always had anti-virus so, it keeps me reassured haha

Avast and AVG if free

Symantec, Norton or Kaspersky if paid.

I use Symantec and am fairly happy.

Archangel (Desktop) CPU: i5 4590 GPU:Asus R9 280  3GB RAM:HyperX Beast 2x4GBPSU:SeaSonic S12G 750W Mobo:GA-H97m-HD3 Case:CM Silencio 650 Storage:1 TB WD Red
Celestial (Laptop 1) CPU:i7 4720HQ GPU:GTX 860M 4GB RAM:2x4GB SK Hynix DDR3Storage: 250GB 850 EVO Model:Lenovo Y50-70
Seraph (Laptop 2) CPU:i7 6700HQ GPU:GTX 970M 3GB RAM:2x8GB DDR4Storage: 256GB Samsung 951 + 1TB Toshiba HDD Model:Asus GL502VT

Windows 10 is now MSX! - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/440190-can-we-start-calling-windows-10/page-6

Windows Defender +MBAM is what I recommend served with a dose of common sense. Common sense is the best type of antivirus, generally only uncautious people get viruses (and old people)

Windows defender is called Security Essentials in 7 and below

Windows Defender is a great.

Please spend as much time writing your question, as you want me to spend responding to it.  Take some time, and explain your issue, please!

Spoiler

If you need to learn how to install Windows, check here:  http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/324871-guide-how-to-install-windows-the-right-way/

Event Viewer 101: https://youtu.be/GiF9N3fJbnE

i use panda its good yeah

11/10 panda security ( i dont use a antivirus btw , and ye i painted that loool )

post-243340-0-36383300-1439083675.jpg

(◑‿◐)

Avast as a realtime scanner and Malwarebytes as a once-a-week scanner.

You don't need anything more the MBAM

Downloading extra bloatware will just slow your system down and its not worth it.

if your prone to going to sketchy sites just buy the full version MBAM, works gr8 that plus defender your set.

Bitdefender

NEVER GIVE UP. NEVER STOP LEARNING. DONT LET THE PAST HURT YOU. YOU CAN DOOOOO IT

Not really Anti-virus (nor is malwarebytes) but SuperAntiSpyware gets a lot of the things MWB misses.

GIGABYTE Z97MX-G516GB DDR3 | I5 4690k @ 4.4ghz | 1TB SSHD, 500GB HDD, 128GB SSD | GTX 1070 8GB | Corsair Graphite 230 | EVGA 650W | Hyper 212 EVO

Cinebench R15: 636(all cores), 127FPS

Windows Defender is a great.

Windows Defender +MBAM is what I recommend served with a dose of common sense. Common sense is the best type of antivirus, generally only uncautious people get viruses (and old people)

Windows defender is called Security Essentials in 7 and below

Yeah I used MS Security Essentials, but I just presumed that Windows Defender wasn't very good because it was MS's own AV

I use Panda since march along with MBAM (ran weekly) and my system is as clean as the 1st day. I regulary (once or twice a month) visit infected pages to test it and it has held till now. Only had 2 or 3 false positives (minor inconvinience) and the popup for the paid version only appears once a week or so, so no problem with that (Avast's popup is at least daily)

The fact that you don't know what you are saying, doesn't give me the right to tell you to shut up