Help! My Mobo went up in smoke!

nicon

Umm. So I have - I mean had an Asrock X99M Killer and it had constant problems, especially ram and oc problems. It was terrible. Today it wouldn't wake up and gave me error 6f/bf. I tried changing the ram sticks and switching them out and many reboots later (I wouldn't even call them reboots, they actually BOOTED) I smelled something like smoke. I turned my psu off and pulled all the plugs out. My mom walked in said "holy shit it smells like burning electronics in here. What are you up to now?" I pulled the ram out and started to disassemble it. I sniffed around and concluded that the smell was coming from the i/o area.

Long story short, I found this on the bottom of the board. 47500974f9f8510917f007617f688d95.jpg

The PSB trace was completely melted and burned off, and it reeked near there. It's right under the heatsink that said Fatal1ty (yeah Fatality for the Mobo; amirite)

Anyways, what do I do? Rma? It's the weekend so I can't call AsRock, which I've concluded has the worst call scedule.

Also will manufacturers honor warranties/RMA requests if this Bullshit Mobo caused the other components to break?

Dammit I hate this Mobo

Nothing but trouble

Thanks, I'm so stressed right now, my backup pc is a half broken 2010 MBP. I really don't want to have to use that for a long time.

Lastly, I got a rebate for the Mobo, can I still rma without the cardboard Serial number/UPC?

Thanks again.

when my old z97 board died i sent it back to the shop and they RMAed it for me but they said it would be gone for like 2 months so i asked for a refund and they said no so i gave the phone to my mum and after a few wise words i got a refund lol so yeah you should be able to RMA it how long you had it?

l Intel Core i7 4790K @ 4.5Ghz l Asus VII Ranger ROG l MSI GTX 970 @ 1555MHz l 

PC PART PICKER

when my old z97 board died i sent it back to the shop and they RMAed it for me but they said it would be gone for like 2 months so i asked for a refund and they said no so i gave the phone to my mum and after a few wise words i got a refund lol so yeah you should be able to RMA it how long you had it?

Um, maybe 1.5-2 months. I don't have the serial upc sticker though. Sent that in for a rebate.