Skype 3-15 Scam

Jack.EXE

if you get a message like this:

<<< <<< <<< Hi , this is a message from the creator of Skype and it tells you a little bit about what is going to happen to Skype on the 15th of March. Please don't send this back to the person you recieved it from. Dear Skype members, Skype is supposed to be closing down March 15th because it is becoming very overpopulated. There have been many members complaining that Skype is becoming very slow. Records show that there are many active Skype members and also many new members. We will be sending this message around to see if members are active or not. If you are active please send to 15 other users using copy+paste to show that you are still active. *Those who do not send this message within 2 weeks

will be deleted without hesitation to make more space. Send this message to all of your friends to show that you are still active and you will not be deleted. Founder of Skype...Remember to send this to 15 other people so your account wont be delete— shelby chatham,— crazykillerjr_23, Today 9:24 PM— Kierslyn Davis, Today 10:42 AM

<<<

Do Not forward, do not share. This is a physhing scam, simply delete it to protect your friends.

This is completely fake, and the only reason I've posted it here is to warn you.

I've deleted the sender's name to preserve his safety.

Skype will only contact you through Email from skype themselves.

If you forward this message, you are broadcasting your username to all people your friends forward it to.

Just thought you should know.

That may not always be the case.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

ew, that was last year, and the year before that, and the year before that, and the year before that (rinse and repeat until clean)

AMD Phenom II x4 955 - Gigabyte GA-870A-UD3 - XFX HD7870 CORE - 60 GB OCZ Agility 3 - 1 TB Western Digital Green - 1 TB Hitachi DeskStar

OCZ ModXstream 600W - 16 GB Corsair XMS3 - Cooler Master HAF 912 Plus - Logitech G110 - Speedlink Kudos - Sennheiser HD 518

Steam The reason I am still alive Dark Theme

The people that fall for this kind of stuff deserve to be infected by it... (I'm looking at you mom)

#OhCrap #KilledMyWife

Attn: People on the internet are LYING to you!

Attn: People on the internet are LYING to you!

Blasphemy! If it's on the internet it's legit!

The people that fall for this kind of stuff deserve to be infected by it... (I'm looking at you mom)

You got your mom to use Skype?

good job.

AMD Phenom II x4 955 - Gigabyte GA-870A-UD3 - XFX HD7870 CORE - 60 GB OCZ Agility 3 - 1 TB Western Digital Green - 1 TB Hitachi DeskStar

OCZ ModXstream 600W - 16 GB Corsair XMS3 - Cooler Master HAF 912 Plus - Logitech G110 - Speedlink Kudos - Sennheiser HD 518

Steam The reason I am still alive Dark Theme

I would think that this would be common sense...

My Best 2013 Bitfenix Prodigy Build  Case: Bitfenix Prodigy White | Motherboard: ASRock Z77E-ITX | CPU: Intel i7 3770k | CPU Cooler: H100i | GPU: GTX 690

Fan Controller: Bitfenix Recon | Ram: Patriot IEM 16GB @ 1600mhz | Primary Storage: 2 x Samsung 840 Pro 256GB | Backup Drives: 2 x Seagate Barracuda 2TB | PSU: Seasonic X850

OH NO I NEVER WOULD HAVE GUESSED THANKS!!!

oh dear was that YOUR computer i just downloaded a few dozen viruses on when you weren't paying attention?

Why is always Microsoft products that have this issue? I feel i see this

"we have to many users send this to show your active" type deal with their email

messenger and now skype.

CPU: AMD FX-8350 - Noctua NH-D14 | Asus Crosshair V Formula | 16GB Kingston HyperX | Plextor M5P Extreme 256GB SSD

GPU - Asus AMD Radeon 6950 Direct CU II 2GB |

Seasonic 1000 W Platinum | Cooler Master 690 ii Advanced | Asus VE248H + VE248Q

Who the hell would fall for that? As if Microsoft would:

1) Shut down a service because it is too popular. That would be like closing down a store because you got too many customers.

2) Rely on a chain mail to make sure people are still active. Why not, you know, check their servers and see who has logged in the last 2 months or so.

3) How would they even be able to confirm that you sent the mail to 15 other people?

4) Not just send out a mass message to everyone's Skype instead of email address.

5) Deleting inactive accounts wouldn't really increase performance, because they would still have the same number of active users. Even if they did remove everyone, it would just create more load because people would have to create new accounts.

Why is always Microsoft products that have this issue? I feel i see this

"we have to many users send this to show your active" type deal with their email

messenger and now skype.

Scams like these are everywhere, and all the time. They target a lot of companies, not just Microsoft.

Way more people fall for these scams than you think, otherwise the scam would not keep getting perpetrated. Senior citizens, people just learning to use a computer etc.