Is Windows 10 buggy?

orangecat

So far I've had so many problems with things just not working that I'm about to go back to 7. i want to like Windows 10 but it's hard too when nothing works correctly.

EDIT: The windows 10 search thing thats on the taskbar now fails to connect to the internet even though it was working like 10 seconds ago and clearly i still have a working internet connection or i wouldn't be typing this right now.

EDIT: Windows store is just a white page.

EDIT: Changing username doesn't change username in start menu.

yes, I installed on 2 of my machines and had to reinstall windows 8.1 same day.

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

I haven't had any issues with it so far. What issues are you having?

PC Specs: CPU: Intel Core i7 3930K OC @ 4.4 GHz | CPU Cooler: Corsair H105 | Motherboard: ASUS Sabertooth X79 | GPU: 2x SLI Gigabyte GTX 760 | RAM: Mushkin Redline 2x4GB 1866 | Case: Cooler Master HAF X | PSU: SeaSonic X Series 750W | Storage: A-Data XPG 120GB  & WD Blue 1TB | OS: Arch GNU/Linux || PC Part Picker & 3D Mark Score

I haven't had many, if any problems at all. In fact, it fixed some of my issues with Windows 10.

Main Rig: CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) KLEVV CRAS XR RGB DDR4-3600 | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550I AORUS PRO AX | Storage: 512GB SKHynix PC401, 1TB Samsung 970 EVO Plus, 2x Micron 1100 256GB SATA SSDs | GPU: EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra 10GB | Cooling: ThermalTake Floe 280mm w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 3 | Case: Sliger SM580 (Black) | PSU: Lian Li SP 850W

Server: CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 3100 | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) Crucial DDR4 Pro | Motherboard: ASUS PRIME B550-PLUS AC-HES | Storage: 128GB Samsung PM961, 4TB Seagate IronWolf | GPU: AMD FirePro WX 3100 | Cooling: EK-AIO Elite 360 D-RGB | Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow (White) | PSU: Seasonic Focus GM-850

Miscellaneous: Dell Optiplex 7060 Micro (i5-8500T/16GB/512GB), Lenovo ThinkCentre M715q Tiny (R5 2400GE/16GB/256GB), Dell Optiplex 7040 SFF (i5-6400/8GB/128GB)

I'd recommend a fresh install. Did you have to use any trick to install it?

Spoiler

Prometheus (Main Rig)

CPU-Z Verification

Laptop: 

Spoiler

Intel Core i3-5005U, 8GB RAM, Crucial MX 100 128GB, Touch-Screen, Intel 7260 WiFi/Bluetooth card.

Phone:

Game Consoles:

Spoiler

Softmodded Fat PS2 w/ 80GB HDD, and a Dreamcast.

If you want my attention quote my post, or tag me. If you don't use PCPartPicker I will ignore your build.

I'd recommend a fresh install, or running Disk Cleanup then Disk Defragmenter to sort out and remove clutter left behind from the install

(@Kilobytez95 follow ur threads m8)

Speedtests

WiFi - 7ms, 22Mb down, 10Mb up

Ethernet - 6ms, 47.5Mb down, 9.7Mb up

Rigs

Spoiler

Type            Desktop

OS              Windows 10 Pro

CPU             i5-4430S

RAM             8GB CORSAIR XMS3 (2x4gb)

Cooler          LC Power LC-CC-97 65W

Motherboard     ASUS H81M-PLUS

GPU             GeForce GTX 1060

Storage         120GB Sandisk SSD (boot), 750GB Seagate 2.5" (storage), 500GB Seagate 2.5" SSHD (cache)

Spoiler

Type            Server

OS              Ubuntu 14.04 LTS

CPU             Core 2 Duo E6320

RAM             2GB Non-ECC

Motherboard     ASUS P5VD2-MX SE

Storage         RAID 1: 250GB WD Blue and Seagate Barracuda

Uses            Webserver, NAS, Mediaserver, Database Server

Quotes of Fame

On 8/27/2015 at 10:09 AM, Drixen said:

Linus is light years ahead a lot of other YouTubers, he isn't just an average YouTuber.. he's legitimately, legit.

On 10/11/2015 at 11:36 AM, Geralt said:

When something is worth doing, it's worth overdoing.

On 6/22/2016 at 10:05 AM, trag1c said:

It's completely blown out of proportion. Also if you're the least bit worried about data gathering then you should go live in a cave a 1000Km from the nearest establishment simply because every device and every entity gathers information these days. In the current era privacy is just fallacy and nothing more.

Usually about once a day I blackscreen and have to restart my PC.

And sometimes the Nvidia multi display driver freaks out.

Someone told Luke and Linus at CES 2017 to "Unban the legend known as Jerakl" and that's about all I've got going for me. (It didn't work)

I haven't had any issues with it so far. What issues are you having?

theres a bunch of issues but the main one is Windows wont update. The search thing doesnt work anymore, magnet links are broken in edge browser... I've only had it installed for about an hour and already i'm considering going back to 7.

I'd recommend a fresh install, or running Disk Cleanup then Disk Defragmenter to sort out and remove clutter left behind from the install

It is a fresh install.

Well I just installed it on my system, and every time I install Firefox and reboot, the files get messed up and Windows 10 claims there are no files even if I'm looking right at them.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

Well I just installed it on my system, and every time I install Firefox and reboot, the files get messed up and Windows 10 claims there are no files even if I'm looking right at them.

It sounds like its not registering the files right or soemthing. I had a problem installing Chrome where the os would still try and use edge even after i told it not to.

It is a fresh install.

That's funny. Have you installed all the updates?

My laptop was woken up at 8am (I always have it in sleep) and according to event manager, it woke up to install a 'cumulative update' dry.png

Speedtests

Rigs

Spoiler

Type            Desktop

CPU             i5-4430S

Storage         120GB Sandisk SSD (boot), 750GB Seagate 2.5" (storage), 500GB Seagate 2.5" SSHD (cache)

Spoiler

Type            Server

Quotes of Fame

Linus is light years ahead a lot of other YouTubers, he isn't just an average YouTuber.. he's legitimately, legit.

It's completely blown out of proportion. Also if you're the least bit worried about data gathering then you should go live in a cave a 1000Km from the nearest establishment simply because every device and every entity gathers information these days. In the current era privacy is just fallacy and nothing more.

theres a bunch of issues but the main one is Windows wont update. The search thing doesnt work anymore, magnet links are broken in edge browser... I've only had it installed for about an hour and already i'm considering going back to 7.

Edge kinda sucks anyways though, just install chrome?

PC Specs: CPU: Intel Core i7 3930K OC @ 4.4 GHz | CPU Cooler: Corsair H105 | Motherboard: ASUS Sabertooth X79 | GPU: 2x SLI Gigabyte GTX 760 | RAM: Mushkin Redline 2x4GB 1866 | Case: Cooler Master HAF X | PSU: SeaSonic X Series 750W | Storage: A-Data XPG 120GB  & WD Blue 1TB | OS: Arch GNU/Linux || PC Part Picker & 3D Mark Score

That's funny. Have you installed all the updates?

My laptop was woken up at 8am (I always have it in sleep) and according to event manager, it woke up to install a 'cumulative update' dry.png

Windows update isnt working for me.

Edge kinda sucks anyways though, just install chrome?

It is pretty snappy though.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

Eh, I would prefer to keep all my extensions and have all my data synced up with chrome on my android too.

The only problem i have had with windows 10 was with my nvidia drivers but those were fixed easily. All of my other problems came with trying to install it.

Current PC: Chimera, Because AMD and Nvidia belong together

| CPU: AMD FX-6300 | Cooler: CM Hyper 212 EVO | Mobo: Gigabyte GA-970A-UD3P | RAM: G.Skill Sniper 8GB (2x4GB) DDR3-1866 | Storage: A-Data Premier Pro SP600 256 GB SSD, 2x Seagate 1TB 7200RPM HDD | GPU: EVGA GeForce GTX 750ti 2GB SC | Case: CM N600 | PSU: Corsair CX 600W(Overkill but I was originaly planning for a 970) | Moniter: BenQ GL2460HM 60Hz 24" |

Left five, Don't cut, Be brave.

I noticed that too, i asume it just always runs in the background because it opens instantly.

Edge's rendering is accurate imo, as well as aesthetically pleasing. It's close to Firefox. There are a few bugs that need ironing out (Custom font inside forms with a shadow inset doesn't work well).

Compared to Chrome, which I find too soft, especially where text is concerned, as well as the colours being slightly darker and dull overall. Not to mention their developer tools are way too overcluttered, and I have no time to be customising dev tools. TL;DR chrome is a joke imo. On android it's fine, but on PC it is a joke.

Speedtests

Rigs

Spoiler

Type            Desktop

CPU             i5-4430S

Spoiler

Type            Server

Quotes of Fame

The only problem i have had with windows 10 was with my nvidia drivers but those were fixed easily. All of my other problems came with trying to install it.

I didn't have any problems installing it or my display drivers but everything else seems to be broken.

Windows update isnt working for me.

Right click the start button, click system, down at the bottom of the page where it says Windows activation, make sure it reads, "Windows is activated"

Right click the start button, click system, down at the bottom of the page where it says Windows activation, make sure it reads, "Windows is activated"

I'm not activated...

I'm not activated...

Looks like you skipped the upgrade process?  You have to do the upgrade first from either windows 7 or 8.  This will validate your computer's hardware, and allow you to run windows 10 fully activated at any time.  After that you can do the clean install, and skip the activation key prompts, and once you load into windows it will see that your hardware is validated to run windows 10 and activate automatically.

Edge's rendering is accurate imo, as well as aesthetically pleasing. It's close to Firefox. There are a few bugs that need ironing out (Custom font inside forms with a shadow inset doesn't work well).

Compared to Chrome, which I find too soft, especially where text is concerned, as well as the colours being slightly darker and dull overall. Not to mention their developer tools are way too overcluttered, and I have no time to be customising dev tools. TL;DR chrome is a joke imo. On android it's fine, but on PC it is a joke.

For me Windows 10 renders text to sharply.