I need help choosing a new phone.

iop90

Last night my beloved iPhone 6 took a joyride in my washing machine. Needless to say, it's showing no signs of life. I've ordered a replacement battery from Amazon, but in all likelihood, it's looking like this is it. I'll need to buy an off contract android phone, as that's the only affordable option with a bigger screen that I've come to love. I was considering the Moto G 3rd Gen. w/ 2GB ram or the Asus Zenfone 2 w/ 4GB RAM.

Im totally new to Android stuff, so if anyone can recommend a great ~$300 or less off contract android phone that can do simple phone tasks quickly and has a decent screen w/ a good backlight, please let me know.

"If you always say no, you'll never say yes."

Last night my beloved iPhone 6 took a joyride in my washing machine. Needless to say, it's showing no signs of life. I've ordered a replacement battery from Amazon, but in all likelihood, it's looking like this is it. I'll need to buy an off contract android phone, as that's the only affordable option with a bigger screen that I've come to love. I was considering the Moto G 3rd Gen. w/ 2GB ram or the Asus Zenfone 2 w/ 4GB RAM.

Im totally new to Android stuff, so if anyone can recommend a great ~$300 or less off contract android phone that can do simple phone tasks quickly and has a decent screen w/ a good backlight, please let me know.

300$ andriod to compete with iphone 6? you crazy lol.

One plus 2 at 325/289$ if you can get a invite 

or one plus one.

One Plus 2

The battery will do nothing at all. Try rice. That is your only chance, if you haven't shorted it out from trying to turn it on already. 

300$ andriod to compete with iphone 6? you crazy lol.

One plus 2 at 325/350$ if you can get a invite 

or one plus one.

I don't think he wants it too compete with the iPhone. Seeing as its dead it looks like he's looking for an affordable phone as a replacement.

Both are good choices though.

01010010 01101111 01100010  01001101 01100001 01100011 01010010 01100001 01100101

I don't think he wants it too compete with the iPhone. Seeing as its dead it looks like he's looking for an affordable phone as a replacement.

Both are good choices though.

iguess yea

and my prices were wrong

329$ for 16gb and 380$ 64 gb

One Plus 2

The battery will do nothing at all. Try rice. That is your only chance, if you haven't shorted it out from trying to turn it on already.

I soaked it in rubbing alcohol to try to get the soap residue off and prevent corrosion, and let it dry in rice for 16 hours and then for 4 hours on top of an A/C vent.

I would probably go for the zenphone.

PC Specs: CPU: Intel Core i7 3930K OC @ 4.4 GHz | CPU Cooler: Corsair H105 | Motherboard: ASUS Sabertooth X79 | GPU: 2x SLI Gigabyte GTX 760 | RAM: Mushkin Redline 2x4GB 1866 | Case: Cooler Master HAF X | PSU: SeaSonic X Series 750W | Storage: A-Data XPG 120GB  & WD Blue 1TB | OS: Arch GNU/Linux || PC Part Picker & 3D Mark Score

I have oneplus one for $249 and it doesnt need an invite anymore. This phone has been fantastic for the 6 months I have had it

CPU: 4770K @4.7Ghz  GPU:  Windforce Gtx 770 Oc  MB: Asus z87-k  RAM: Gskill Ripjaws 8gb- 2 by 4  CPU Cooler: Corsair h90  HDD: Seagate 7200rpm Hybrid 500gb  PSU: Corsair Cx 750  Case: Raidmax Vampire---Hopefully getting the h440 

you cant get a oneplus if you have verzion

Join da discord 

Spoiler

(Intel Core i5 4590 - XFX R9 280 - ASUS z97-A USB 3.1 - EVGA SuperNOVA 750B - 16GB EVGA DDR3-EDITION - NZXT H440 -

WD BLACK 1TB - OZC ARC 100 240gb)

#locked(ง ͠° ͟ل͜ ͡°)ง

me and phones,

can it call? yes? price 10$? buy!

can it call? no? dont buy

hahaah

though i got an android atm i barely use it ( playing som emulators on it thats all )

android will always be superior to iphones tho :D

(◑‿◐)

you cant get a oneplus if you have verzion

i dont think verizon offers off contract plans though do they

CPU: 4770K @4.7Ghz  GPU:  Windforce Gtx 770 Oc  MB: Asus z87-k  RAM: Gskill Ripjaws 8gb- 2 by 4  CPU Cooler: Corsair h90  HDD: Seagate 7200rpm Hybrid 500gb  PSU: Corsair Cx 750  Case: Raidmax Vampire---Hopefully getting the h440 

i dont think verizon offers off contract plans though do they

they dont support oneplus for some fucking reason. So i know i cant get one.

Join da discord 

Spoiler

(Intel Core i5 4590 - XFX R9 280 - ASUS z97-A USB 3.1 - EVGA SuperNOVA 750B - 16GB EVGA DDR3-EDITION - NZXT H440 -

WD BLACK 1TB - OZC ARC 100 240gb)

#locked(ง ͠° ͟ل͜ ͡°)ง

OnePlus One or Alcatel Idol 3, both are $249.

Don't bother with the Zenfone 2 until we actually get a good software update from Asus, and Moto G3 is underpowered unless you really need waterproofing.

If you can scrape up a bit more, OnePlus 2 is $329-389, and a worthy replacement for an iPhone 6 rather then a temporary replacement. 

"Rawr XD"

OnePlus One or Alcatel Idol 3, both are $249.

Don't bother with the Zenfone 2 until we actually get a good software update from Asus, and Moto G3 is underpowered unless you really need waterproofing.

If you can scrape up a bit more, OnePlus 2 is $329-389, and a worthy replacement for an iPhone 6 rather then a temporary replacement.

How would I get a OnePlus 2? Do I need an invite? If it's not out yet I can't consider it, I need something fairly quickly.

How would I get a OnePlus 2? Do I need an invite? If it's not out yet I can't consider it, I need something fairly quickly.

Yeah you'll need an invite and isn't out yet.

Have you considered last year's flagships on Swappa? Like Samsung S5, HTC M8, LG G3, etc.

"Rawr XD"

Yeah you'll need an invite and isn't out yet.

Have you considered last year's flagships on Swappa? Like Samsung S5, HTC M8, LG G3, etc.

I'll probably do that. Thanks for the tip.