Giving my MacBook to my mom...

ZoZubin

Okay, I'm getting a new laptop soon (MSI GS70 stealth) that will replace both my desktop pc and my tiny MacBook Air. The MacBook will be given to my mom because she doesn't have any useable computer right now.

Problem is: I downloaded some "video's" on it and I've hidden them in the system files because I've been trough a period when I was suicidal and I didn't want anyone to find those video's if I would... you know what I mean. but now I don't know where I've put all those files since I didn't watch them over the last couple of months. and I want to get them off the computer just in case.

so, how am I going to delete them?

just let them on it, if you can't find them your mom also won't find them, and if, well shit

CPU: Xeon 1230v3 - GPU: GTX 770  - SSD: 120GB 840 Evo - HDD: WD Blue 1TB - RAM: Ballistix 8GB - Case: CM N400 - PSU: CX 600M - Cooling: Cooler Master 212 Evo

Update Plans: Mini ITX this bitch

Okay, I'm getting a new laptop soon (MSI GS70 stealth) that will replace both my desktop pc and my tiny MacBook Air. The MacBook will be given to my mom because she doesn't have any useable computer right now.

Problem is: I downloaded some "video's" on it and I've hidden them in the system files because I've been trough a period when I was suicidal and I didn't want anyone to find those video's if I would... you know what I mean. but now I don't know where I've put all those files since I didn't watch them over the last couple of months. and I want to get them off the computer just in case.

so, how am I going to delete them?

Reinstall OSX. Boot into recovery mode (Cmd+R while booting).

LTT's unofficial Windows activation expert.

you've lost me with macOS. I don't remember how you can do an OS reinstall

EDIT: speedbird got it first.

here is apple support:

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201314

Athlon X4 760K | MSI A88X-G43 | 8GB G.Skill Ripjaws 1333Mhz | MSI R7 260X 2GB | Corsair 300R | Corsair CX430 | 640GB HDD | Windows 7 64-bit

HP W2071d 20" 900p TN | Stock Dell K/B | Microsoft Comfort Optical Mouse 3000 + SteelSeries Qck Portal 2 Ed. | Grado SR80i + cheap 2.0 speakers

Reinstall OSX. Boot into recovery mode (Cmd+R while booting).

That's what I wanted to do... But I wiped the recovery partition (that was hard to do btw) to get some more space on the only 128GB SSD...

post-122995-0-49957700-1438981623.jpg

honestly your best bet is to re-install OSX. 

talos guide you. for re-installing an apple OS are dark waters to find yourself treading. 

Watch out for each other. Love everyone and forgive everyone, including yourself. Forgive your anger, forgive your guilt. Your shame. Your sadness. Embrace and open up your love, your joy, your truth, and most especially your heart. 
-Jim Hensen