Best Motherboard for 4690k

So I'm planning on upgrading to an i5 4690k with a budget motherboard and narrowed them down to these:

ASRock Z97M Pro4 (or non-M, either one)
ASUS Z97M PLUS
GIGABYTE Z97M-D3H

So a few questions about these,

1. Which one would you prefer
2. Differences in brand? Which of the three have the best track record of quality and lifespan (Or just personal experience)
3. If I were to buy any one of these, will I be satisfied? Are all of these choices generally fairly good options regardless of which one I choose?

Also note I'm not really looking for anything crazy, just plan on Overclocking to at least 4ghz minimum with a single GPU setup.

I would personally go for the ASUS board. Mainly because I like ASUS boards and I am familiar with the BIOS and the features on them. The ASUS board looks the best IMO too.

PC Specs: CPU: Intel Core i7 3930K OC @ 4.4 GHz | CPU Cooler: Corsair H105 | Motherboard: ASUS Sabertooth X79 | GPU: 2x SLI Gigabyte GTX 760 | RAM: Mushkin Redline 2x4GB 1866 | Case: Cooler Master HAF X | PSU: SeaSonic X Series 750W | Storage: A-Data XPG 120GB  & WD Blue 1TB | OS: Arch GNU/Linux || PC Part Picker & 3D Mark Score

just don't get the gigabyte board. it won't allow you to set adaptive voltage for your vring and cache ratio. its a piece of shit.

BigDay

I would personally go for the ASUS board. Mainly because I like ASUS boards and I am familiar with the BIOS and the features on them. The ASUS board looks the best IMO too.

Thanks. I actually see quite a lot of people mention that ASUS in general have some of the best boards and features.

What country are you in?

Australia. Budget around the $100-$180 AUD range, which these sort of motherboards I listed falls into to give an idea of pricing.

I would take the ASUS board. I have been through most brands, but not Gigabyte so I cannot say anything about those. Anyways, I LOVE ASUS's bios. It gives me everything I want and you either get the super stupid EZ mode or get all the features in advanced.

ASROCK is always something I would go for, for something more budget, but for OCing and that.....yeah I would go ASUS. Though I must say my Z77 Fatal1ty board was kinda nice. Still prefer ASUS.

PC: AMD Ryzen 5 3600 @4.2HGhz 1.25V || Noctua NH-U12S SE2 || 16GB (2×8GB) Aegis 3000Mhz CL16 @3200Mhz || 
|| Sapphire Pulse RX 6700 10G || MSI B450i Gaming PLUS MAX Wifi
  || Kingston NV1 2TB m.2 ||  Corsair SF600 || Intertech IM 1 |||
Peripherals: Sennheiser PC  360 G4ME || AOC CQ27G2U || Viewsonic PX701HD || Keychron V1 || Logitech G303 Shroud Edition||| Laptop: XPS 13 2in1 7390 || Steam Deck 256 GB (64GB Version) ||| Cameras: Fujifilm XH-1 || Fujifilm X100T

Elite 110 build log (update:05/15/2018)

Asus seems to be the preferable choice here it seems. So is the Z97M-Plus decent?

Thanks for the help guys, ASUS Z97M-PLUS seems the way to go for my price range.

I'm getting z97 board too, for 4790k. So far the best i found is MSI Z97S SLI KRAIT EDITION, what do you think about it?

Do you think by now that the Z87 PRO comes with an updated BIOS out of the box to support the 4690K?

i5-4690K@4.5 GHz // Asus Z87-Pro // HyperX Fury 8GB DDR3-1600 // Crucial BX100 250GB // Sapphire Nitro R9 390 // EVGA SuperNOVA 750W G2 // Fractal Design Define S // be quiet! Pure Rock & Pure Wings 2 // BenQ XL2730Z // Corsair Vengeance K70 // Logitech G403 Wireless // Sennheiser HD 598 SE

The cheapest one, that suits your color preference, and is compatible with the processor. Unless you have specific needs that need to be met by the motherboard such as certain overclocking features or gaming oriented performance adjustment or server grade ethernet ports (etc. etc. etc.) then any motherboard that works with your hardware will be fine.

Cinders: - i7 4790K (4.5GHz) - Gigabyte Z97X-SOC - 16GB Klevv DDR3 1600MHz - EVGA GTX 980Ti ACX2.0+ (1548MHz Boost) - EVGA Supernova 850GS - NZXT H440 Orange/Black (Modified) -
Unnamed System: i5 4690K (4.2GHz) - MSI Z97I-AC - 8GB G.Skill DDR3 2400MHz - EVGA GTX 950 SSC - Raidmax Thunder V2 535W - Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Do you think by now that the Z87 PRO comes with an updated BIOS out of the box to support the 4690K?

Yes it does if you but it new from a decently sized retailer. Even if it's bios was incompatible you don't even have to have a CPU to flash the bios because Asus made it so the board can do it without a processor.

Yes it does if you but it new from a decently sized retailer. Even if it's bios was incompatible you don't even have to have a CPU to flash the bios because Asus made it so the board can do it without a processor.

Like NCIX?

I just read about USB BIOS Flashback. So awesome! I think I'll get this board and an i5-4690K.

i5-4690K@4.5 GHz // Asus Z87-Pro // HyperX Fury 8GB DDR3-1600 // Crucial BX100 250GB // Sapphire Nitro R9 390 // EVGA SuperNOVA 750W G2 // Fractal Design Define S // be quiet! Pure Rock & Pure Wings 2 // BenQ XL2730Z // Corsair Vengeance K70 // Logitech G403 Wireless // Sennheiser HD 598 SE

Like NCIX?

I just read about USB BIOS Flashback. So awesome! I think I'll get this board and an i5-4690K.

If it's new from ncix it definitely has a compatible bios.

Check out Asus 4 way optimization it's another feature of the Z87-Pro that kicks ass.

One click overclocking and automatic fan tuning are gifts from God.

https://youtube/BoaAT5TkXc4