What GPU set-up for an Asus MG279Q?

da Maia
Hi all,

It's been a while since I've wanted to upgrade to a 1440p 60+hz IPS monitor. I have been waiting and seeing what's coming out for the last months to make my decision.

After a lot of consideration (won't get into all that here) I am leaning very heavily to the Asus MG279Q.

With that being said I am kind of forced to go with and AMD card and I wanted to know if, for gaming at 1440p, an R9 Fury X is my best option.

The way I see it i can either do that or go for a R9 Fury like the Sapphire one or I can go for something like a Xfire setup with 2 R9 390's for example which would cost roughly the same as a Fury X (i am price conscious and price sensitive).

All these options have several pros and cons and I would love to hear out some opinions on it.

Thank you all in advance for your inputs!

Cheers

If you went crossfire not all games support it and its always better to have one fast GPU as then it will have best performance on all games. this is because indie games normally doesn't support crossfire on AAA do. therefore in my opinion would be to go for the Furry X if you have the space, as it would be better for all games in general. also would support 4k just in case you wanted to do that 

FX 8350, Crosshair formula z, GTX 980Ti (reference), Enthoo Lux, XFX 750w PSU, 16GB Hyper x Fury, 120Gb SSD, 1TB HDD Samsung drive, 1TB WD Black

@da Maia Follow your topics !

One single card solution is in general better than less powerfull Crossfire/ SLi setups ! 

My Personal PC 'Apex' https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/user/LiamBetts123/saved/3rTNnQ

Intel Core i9 9900k, ASUS Z390-A, RTX 2080TI, Meshify C, HX 850i, 32GB Gskill Trident Z RGB @ 3200MHZ, 500GB NVME, 500GB SSD & 2 x 4TB Baracudas