Need Constructive Criticism - How to buy a computer (without being ripped of) for non techies

TechPhobia

i'd personally advice people to go pentium or i3 with a ssd over getting an i3 or i5 without one, it makes the whole experience so much nicer, and most (regular) people don't even use an i3 to the fullest extend.

Thanks will re write

Great post, 

maybe you could show different people what you would build atm considering both different prices and different purpose. 

Well you hit most of the nails on the head. My only question though, what is 'hard core gaming' you say it a few times with out really explaining what it is. Is it running crisis 3 at imax resolution and at a kabillion fps or is it just slightly more intensive games than plants vs zombies? See my point.?

I hope this doesn't come off as too blunt, but here's my constructive criticism:

The people who would potentially benefit from a high level overview like this would almost certainly not be willing to read such a wall of text. If you want to engage people who aren't already interested in the topic, you should try and make it easy for them. Perhaps adding some graphs and charts (e.g. a graph of where different CPUs fall in terms of price/performance ('performance' being defined using a standardised and relatively comprehensive benchmarking suite = you can use figures from an existing database online), how many cores you get at each price level etc) would help to break up the text (or even replace a significant amount). As they say, a picture is worth a thousand words.

I hope this doesn't come off as too blunt, but here's my constructive criticism:

The people who would potentially benefit from a high level overview like this would almost certainly not be willing to read such a wall of text. If you want to engage people who aren't already interested in the topic, you should try and make it easy for them. Perhaps adding some graphs and charts (e.g. a graph of where different CPUs fall in terms of price/performance ('performance' being defined using a standardised and relatively comprehensive benchmarking suite = you can use figures from an existing database online), how many cores you get at each price level etc) would help to break up the text (or even replace a significant amount). As they say, a picture is worth a thousand words.

Thank You I will add some graphics

Well you hit most of the nails on the head. My only question though, what is 'hard core gaming' you say it a few times with out really explaining what it is. Is it running crisis 3 at imax resolution and at a kabillion fps or is it just slightly more intensive games than plants vs zombies? See my point.?

Ok will explain

Is there any other topics you think I should add?