Refurbished Siberia V2 or Raptor HS30 or?

byalexandr
Go to solution Solved by Sam Z Man,

Even if it's complete garbage, or at least covered in it?

They are a great headset, and actually have focus on sound quality, not just a fuck ton of base like other gaming headsets do.

I need a new headset to temporarily replace these god awful Turtle Beach X12s. I am ordering from Newegg, so there are two options that I like so far:

A refurbished Steelseries Siberia V2 for $34.99: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16826249117

Or a new Corsair Raptor HS30 for $29.99: 

Now by the looks of it, if I order the Siberia V2 headset, it's most likely going to be gross and covered in earwax and fail in a week. I am only temporarily using these headphones though until I get a pair of HyperX Cloud IIs or something. But the Raptor HS30 isn't that great either (but I'm sure it's 10x better than these headphones I'm wearing). Suggest other headphones as well, but they can't go over $35, because that's what I have sitting on my desk.

NOT OVER $35.

My comment on the Siberia V2's: After owning about 4 pairs of them and upgrading my audio setup massively: They are extremely comfortable, but their sound is shit. They also break after about 6-12 months, either the mic or one earcup stops working. 

If you're looking for a really good gaming headset that won't break the bank, go for the HyperX Clouds. 

Just get the HyperX Cloud Core and get the best of both worlds. It's a great headset and it costs less than the cloud II.

Hardware: | CPU: i5 3570k | Graphics: MSI GTX 970 Gaming 4G | Mobo: MSI z77a-G45 Gaming | OS: Windows 8.1 Pro 64-bit | 

Peripherals: Logitech G502 | CM Storm Quickfire Pro (Red switch) |

My comment on the Siberia V2's: After owning about 4 pairs of them and upgrading my audio setup massively: They are extremely comfortable, but their sound is shit. They also break after about 6-12 months, either the mic or one earcup stops working. 

If you're looking for a really good gaming headset that won't break the bank, go for the HyperX Clouds. 

Well if $35 breaks the bank for me, I don't think I can get my hands on a pair of HyperX Clouds. Like I said these are temporary and I will eventually get a some HyperX headset.

They are a great headset, and actually have focus on sound quality, not just a fuck ton of base like other gaming headsets do.

I know but the refurbished ones have a lot of reviews that say that they come covered in earwax and dirt. Should I still order them and if they come like that just give them a good clean? Plus some say that the earcup gave out in a couple of weeks or something.

I'll just go with the V2's, give them a good clean if they come to me like people say they will. They should last me at least a month right? By that time I can get some new headset for a lot more.

Back with an update, I just got the Siberias in today, they are HELLA comfy. The refurbished ones I got aren't dirty or anything, just a couple markings, the only real gripe is a little piece of the volume knob is worn away/broken off, but it's still functional. I got the white ones so any blemishes really show, but they're AWESOME. So glad I got them, hopefully they hold up for a while. Thanks!