do i need to downgrade from windows 10 to move a upgraded product key to another pc

clayton1233

i am running windows 10 32 bit and want to know do i need to downgrade from windows 10 back to windows 8.1 32 bit to deactivate the product key to use the product key with windows 8.1 64 bit

i am running windows 10 32 bit and want to know do i need to downgrade from windows 10 back to windows 8.1 32 bit to deactivate the product key to use the product key with windows 8.1 64 bit

omfg, really 

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/424062-how-do-you-deactivate-windows/#entry5693247

@Picky Peep

omfg, really 

i asked it on the other one but no one answered

i need to know

so i can get the 64 bit iso for windows 10 and use my old product key for it?

can you help me here do i need to downgrade to get the product key back on a windows 8.1

is that what i need to do to get windows 10 64 bit?

All you need to do is put a 64bit Windows 10 ISO on a USB stick, throw it into your PC and when it asks you for a product key, use the one that is linked to your current 32bit windows 10 install. Which can be found by using any simple key extractor.

"I believe that if life gives you lemons, you should make lemonade... And try to find somebody whose life has given them vodka, and have a party."

-Ron White

All you need to do is put a 64bit Windows 10 ISO on a USB stick, throw it into your PC and when it asks you for a product key, use the one that is linked to your current 32bit windows 10 install. Which can be found by using any simple key extractor.

i have the product key but do i need to deactivate it since i am putting onto another computer

i have the product key but do i need to deactivate it since i am putting onto another computer

You can only use it on that one PC. To get windows on another PC, you will have to buy it.

Or, does that other PC already have windows? In that case, just do the win 10 upgrade process.

"I believe that if life gives you lemons, you should make lemonade... And try to find somebody whose life has given them vodka, and have a party."

-Ron White

so should i downgrade to windows 8.1 then and deactivate it the windows 8.1 way the put 64 bit on my new computer

so should i downgrade to windows 8.1 then and deactivate it the windows 8.1 way the put 64 bit on my new computer

No. Each computer, if its windows 7/8/8.1 license is valid, will get it's own free upgrade to windows 10.

No need to downgrade any other computer to make another able to upgrade.

Ok, so are you just trying to put windows 10 64 bit on your current PC? If so, to fresh install 64 bit windows 10 just put the install on a usb stick and fresh install your PC. When it says "but in a product key" just skip it. Your PC is already updated to windows 10 and Microsoft knows your PC. It will automatically be activated like magic.

Do you know how to put windows 10 on a USB stick?

fastest way to do this would be..install windows 7 "activate it"

then upgrade to 10...then once activated....do a clean install of 10

If you need remote help fixing something on your computer

I can help over Teamviewer if you wish

just msg me on my profile